Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I haven’t watched much cricket recently. So Cummins just given out by snicko with no hotspot showing an edge.

How does the third ump know the sound was generated by the ball hitting the bat and maybe not the bat hitting his pad or something similar? How focused is that tech now?

EDIT : (Well the bat was nowhere near the pad so I’m more convinced now)

So the players should be speaking up about this. Test cricket is on it's knees. The horse has probably bolted though.
Stokes can say what he likes but the fact is that cricket is now largely funded by the sub continent and mainly in India. Check out the crowds in India going to test cricket and compare that with T20 and even one day cricket.

The purists may prefer "real cricket" (test cricket) but in the end it will be what the fans want and primarily what the indian fans want that wins out.

Summary

Great of the game in Australia
Bog average outside of Australia
Overall above average (not everyone can be a great right!)

The global away average of 1-7 is 34 and 10% lower than at home. Puts into perspective how different it is for Warner. Must be a massive mental thing and or adaptability for him. He is basically the same as that average.
I have a friend massively into cricket (hates Warner btw) and he told me a while ago that the major difference between Warner in Australia and overseas is his ability to turn 50s into 100s.

If you look at those stats this theory holds up.

Whether that is mental or technical I don't know. It would interesting to see his overseas record split between the sub continent and elsewhere. I know he has struggled in england at times but I am not sure he is great player of the spinning ball in the sub continent but he wouldn't be alone in that

I have a friend massively into cricket (hates Warner btw) and he told me a while ago that the major difference between Warner in Australia and overseas is his ability to turn 50s into 100s.

If you look at those stats this theory holds up.

Whether that is mental or technical I don't know. It would interesting to see his overseas record split between the sub continent and elsewhere. I know he has struggled in england at times but I am not sure he is great player of the spinning ball in the sub continent but he wouldn't be alone in that
https://www.espncricinfo.com/player/david-warner-219889/bowling-batting-stats

Breaks down his performances country to country and by continent. Horrible in UK and India.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t watched much cricket recently. So Cummins just given out by snicko with no hotspot showing an edge.

How does the third ump know the sound was generated by the ball hitting the bat and maybe not the bat hitting his pad or something similar? How focused is that tech now?

EDIT : (Well the bat was nowhere near the pad so I’m more convinced now)

I thought the decision Elgar got was poor as well. I don’t think it carried to Carey.

In the end it had to be given because the evidence to overturn the umpires original decision wasn’t there.

But a lot of doubt about it for mine.

Great knock by Warner, well supported by Smith. Nortje bowled some serious heat but the rest of them were pretty ordinary aside from Jansen's spell before lunch.

Hot bastard of a day to spend in the field. The Saffers will sleep well tonight.

As usual, the MCC bars were full of blokes who didn't see a ball live. @Mr Brightside was in danger of seeing one on the way to the loo but averted his eyes just in time.
I was just waiting until Davey finished playing

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
How slow does Green want to bat.
That's what I was thinking until I remembered he was batting with a broken finger! And with the field spread, facing 4 genuinely quick bowlers.
Not sure you or I could do better in the circumstances! :unsure:

I thought the decision Elgar got was poor as well. I don’t think it carried to Carey.

In the end it had to be given because the evidence to overturn the umpires original decision wasn’t there.

But a lot of doubt about it for mine.
Carey clearly took it cleanly; lower fingers wrapped under the ball with no signs of it touching grass at all. Slowmo camera made it certainly correct decision.

Reactions: 2 users
< Cars | NRL >