Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Re: Cricket

mb64 said:
Chanderpaul nearly out lbw 1st ball.Terrible stance.

Yeah it is an ordninary stance.

Can you blokes remember a guy who played for England, Derek Randall.He was a real character.He used to stand almost side on and bat outside leg stump.Was bizzare.

He got more side on the longer his career went on.

Ready said:
Pakistan 274 and 341 (Salman Butt 122, Inzamam 72; Flintoff 4-88, Harmison 3-52)
England 418 and 24/1
Stumps, day four
England, chasing 198 to win, require a further 174 runs with nine wickets in hand, but have already lost Trescothick for 5.

England bowled out for 175.

Chanderpaul & Gale both out with Macgill & McGrath getting the wickets.Gale can consider himself very unlucky as the ball apeared to be going down legside & McGrath conned the umpire.Windies now 5/119 & probably won't be long before Aussie's bat.

evo said:
u see that LBW decision on Gayle mb?

disgraceful.
Agree Evo,Kirsten is a terrible umpire & he got sucked in by McGrath's continuous appeal.Going down legside.No wonder some want the 3rd umpire to make lbw decisions.

Another wicket straight after tea leaves Windies 6/124.This series is turning into a farce.

Another wicket to Macgill making the Windies 7/126.My 7 year old son could get these aleged batsmen out.

Yeah pretty dissapointing by the Windies.

Quite a few of the batsman have the talent but are severly lacking in the concentration required to make a long test innings.

Some of the really determined Windies batsman of old who weren't the most skilled like a Kallacharan or Rowe must be pretty dissapointed with the current teams lack of grit.

evo said:
Some of the really determined Windies batsman of old who weren't the most skilled like a  Kallacharan or Rowe must be pretty dissapointed with the current teams lack of grit.
The ACB is going to lose a heap of money this season. I'd almost be demanding my hard earned back. Can't see too many shelling out for the rest of the series or the one dayers. Pathetic :(.

Perhaps S Clark was thought of to try & even up the teams....

At this rate the locals will have a 1st innings lead by stumps & 6*20/20 games will be played on what were to be days 3,4 & 5 ...

Very deflating....The S Africans can't get here too soon for me.Their customary Afrikaaner attitude should,at least,ensure a competitive series else it'll be a very loooooong summer...

wait to the south Africans come out there a good team and will give us a run for our money the one dayers should be good too with Sth Africa and Sri lanka both good one day teams

Soulmanpete said:
wait to the south Africans come out there a good team and will give us a run for our money the one dayers should be good too with Sth Africa and Sri lanka both good one day teams

SMPete
I really hope you're correct. We need to see a contest in this country, otherwise I might mow the lawns this boxing day.

Michael said:
Soulmanpete said:
wait to the south Africans come out there a good team and will give us a run for our money the one dayers should be good too with  Sth Africa and Sri lanka both good one day teams

SMPete
I really hope you're correct.  We need to see a contest in this country, otherwise I might mow the lawns this boxing day.

At least next summer 2006/07 will be better with the resurgent England against Australia in the Ashes.

It's more exciting when you're trying to win something back, compared to winning to retain it as we did with the Ashes for so long.

TigerForce said:
Michael said:
Soulmanpete said:

SMPete
I really hope you're correct. We need to see a contest in this country, otherwise I might mow the lawns this boxing day.

At least next summer 2006/07 will be better with the resurgent England against Australia in the Ashes.

It's more exciting when you're trying to win something back, compared to winning to retain it as we did with the Ashes for so long.
Agree,next summer's series against Poms is one to really look forward to.

Well, England fell in a heap in Multan.

Stand-in skipper Trescothick quoted as saying that England "didn't make enough runs today". ::)

Ready said:
Well, England fell in a heap in Multan.

Stand-in skipper Trescothick quoted as saying that England "didn't make enough runs today". ::)
No fooling him.

< Cars | NRL >