Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Call me a cynic but right or wrong the organizers wanted an England v India final and if we had won that game then that was impossible because they'd have met in a semi.

So they did what? Ensured South Africa remembered how to play cricket so they could potentially get an England v India final? Strange comment, how did the organisers influence the Australia v Saffers game?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Our middle order - Stoinis and No Show simply aren't up to it. Stoinis more so but teams are bringing pace on as soon as Maxwell comes to the crease and he is repeatedly failing.

Wade into the squad in place of Khawaja. About time. He should slip straight into the team at number 4. Smith to 3.

Smith should have been at 3 all the way along. Strange that he wasn't.

I'm more worried facing Smith at 3 and Wade at 4 than Khawaja at 3 and Smith at 4.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Really weird cricket, you have Williamson set and Taylor set, yet Williamson is the one to try and force the pace, not his game in the slightest. This game was actually set perfectly for Williamson to bat through (low scoring) but he needed the other end to accelerate the pace. Why Taylor didn't and force Williamson to do it I don't know. Strange, strange cricket by the Kiwis.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
yeah. Looks mostly like a choke to me.

at least he'd having a swing now :confused:

shall we run a sweep on how many balls de grandstand lasts?, I'll go 9.

Reactions: 1 user

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
yeah. Looks mostly like a choke to me.

at least he'd having a swing now :confused:

shall we run a sweep on how many balls de grandstand lasts?, I'll go 9.

lasted 9, went out on the 10th. Nice work tiger snake.

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
These can be the best games of cricket.
A 50-over game where the team batting first makes a competitive total but not quite enough, but they get early wickets.
The overs limitation goes out the window and it becomes more like normal cricket.
NZ still have to get them all out.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Stating the obvious, the Kiwi’s are going to be hard to beat now. I’m a big fan of Pant though, he should’ve been in India’s initial World Cup squad, If India are to somehow get up, I reckon Pant will have a big say in it.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not for mine, he is a selfish flog of the highest order.

They brought up the Herschelle Gibbs catch and the old you've dropped the world cup line comes up.

Asked if he said it, he goes something like that but it was 20 years ago, I can't really remember.

Translation: No, I didn't say it. It's a complete lie that I've let run over the years.
I think he’s said before that he didn’t say it as “you just dropped the World Cup” but that he did chirp Gibbs about dropping the catch.