Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I do give a toss about AFLW, it is a bit take it or leave it, I understand that. But now we have skin in the game, I'm in.

I'm not AFLW's greatest fan but it's got more going for it than BBL. I felt something watching the jumper go around, even if it was just anger at umpiring and frustration at our relative lack of cohesion.

Does anyone feel anything when their BBL team loses, excluding any lost bets?

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
This year I made a resolution to not watch any cricket, and to be honest I haven't missed it at all. Instead I have worked my way through the entire 2017 season and most of last years games. It's been a real pleasure. "smiles" all over the BBL.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Seems odd that warner could win the AB medal. No fairest component?
I know he's got form, but he has been ok on that score for the past 12 months. Of greater concern, I don't think he was in our top two in terms of influence, when it mattered. Smith and Cummins were streets ahead. Possibly Lyon as well. This must prompt a review of the way votes are cast

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Does anyone really care about the AB medal?

Well the public certainly doesnt.
I don't have a BBL team, just can't get invested enough in it.

I can understand cities with one team getting behind their team as it is the only side to support.

But with two teams in Melbourne and Sydney I cant see how one actually gets emotionally invested in it especially adults.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The Aussie Open not doubt helped to kill off the crowds in Melbourne in the last 2 weeks of January and the Renegades being pisss poor certainly didnt help either.

Personally, I reckon BBL has plateaued somewhat and people are losing interest in it.

Drags on too long now and becomes monotonous.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I know he's got form, but he has been ok on that score for the past 12 months. Of greater concern, I don't think he was in our top two in terms of influence, when it mattered. Smith and Cummins were streets ahead. Possibly Lyon as well. This must prompt a review of the way votes are cast

Don't forget Labushagne who had a better year than he did too. Didn't he score the most runs out of all players playing test cricket last year? he was bloody good in the Ashes too.

Seems that Warner won the AB medal because he scored a 300 in one game

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Don't forget Labushagne who had a better year than he did too. Didn't he score the most runs out of all players playing test cricket last year? he was bloody good in the Ashes too.

Seems that Warner won the AB medal because he scored a 300 in one game

Yep, LA Champagne deserved this.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
But he was in the T20 series against Pakistan where I don't think anyone bar the openers had a bat

The Ashes is much more important than a meaningless 3 game T20 series. Warner was pathetic in The Ashes, I think the term is "Broads Bunny"

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So the T20 WC will use the third umpire to call no balls.

how long til on field umpires become redundant?