Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Nice article on Smith's actions:

I call *smile*. Smith used the flat of his foot rather than tilting the boot so as to use only the spikes on one side.

Even in the best case scenario, Smith as a fielder had no business walking on the wicket. If credulity is stretched to accept that it's a habit peculiar to Smith, it's one he needs to get out of.

Reactions: 3 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
It’s an annoyance rather than cheating. Hasn’t altered the ball or the (relevant) pitch area in any way. It’s like walking past and undoing a pad velcro.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It’s an annoyance rather than cheating. Hasn’t altered the ball or the (relevant) pitch area in any way. It’s like walking past and undoing a pad velcro.
I didn't use that word. It was a topic of conversation this evening and nobody could recall seeing it done before. I'd call it a sh!t bloke's act. Like Wade feigning shoulder charges at short leg.

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I didn't use that word. It was a topic of conversation this evening and nobody could recall seeing it done before. I'd call it a sh!t bloke's act. Like Wade feigning shoulder charges at short leg.
I wasn’t referring to your post. Just my own musings.

Reactions: 1 user

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Harris should have opened last test and Pucovski at 5.
Not convinced on Green. Zero wickets and 80 odd on a road and dropped twice before 50. I prefer Stoinis but he is out of favour.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Australia won the toss, and will bat. Need to bat all day to give the bowlers a spell. Should be possible, as it looks like the Indian second XI for this match.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geez Warner has been shown up as a bully boy of softer teams playing in Australia.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Harris.

Half volley on the ankles. Popped up straight to square leg.

Just horrible. This is everything that is wrong with Australian batting. Just not good enough.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Harris out for 5. We may as well just open with Labuschagne and Smith and once their out declare. Such a soft batting line up apart from those 2.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Harris.

Half volley on the ankles. Popped up straight to square leg.

Just horrible. This is everything that is wrong with Australian batting. Just not good enough.
There should be a line through a few names after this series.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
good in theory but then we would be left with this:
Harris
Burns
Wade

I still have questions over Head too but they love him and at 26 will get another go. He's not a bloke who will ever be suited to batting above 5, but neither was S.Waugh.

Wade should have opened this Test, with Maxwell in at 5, but we know Maxi is blackballed from the Test side for not being enough of a nerd.

Pucovski and Green lead the next generation, and the selectors deserve credit for blooding them against the best team in the world. Unfortunately when you look at the Shield, who's making runs? Khawaja, S.Marsh, Harris, Head. Good to see Renshaw looks to have recaptured a bit of form in the middle order.

Whatever people think of Warner, he's still clearly the leading opener in the country.

Warner
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Smith
Maxwell
Green

would be my top 6. But as Maxi will never get a chance, I nominate Ben McDermott as a smokey for No.5 if Wade fails again. Got a bit of class about him, has some fans in the selection room, and is starting to convert starts into bigger scores, with a ton for Australia A in the first-class game against the Indians, 90 v WA in the Shield. At 26, a good age for a rebuilding on the run team. Sam Whiteman must be a chance at the top of the order, with three 100s and three 50s in his last six first-class games.

The problem in large part is the fixture. With no Shield matches during the bulk of the Test summer, how is anyone supposed to press their claims or be in long-form form if and when needed? Those six games for Whiteman were played between Feb and November last year. Nothing but club cricket for him since.

Are the KFC dollars worth it?

Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Warner is *smile*. Used to be undone by good bowling. Now undone by any bowling................next please