Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Doing better than last time we were in Chennai. Scored 477 runs and still lost by more than an innings!! Karun Nair I think had played a couple of tests and scored 300 not out. He scored a mammoth 374 runs in only 6 tests in his career. Probably retired as he was never going to do any better. I think he came in at number 6 or something ridiculous like that.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
props to Joe Root .. 650 odd runs in 5 innings.. and Chidambaram Stadium is a cauldron..

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
West Indies just chased 395 to beat Bangladesh, guy on debut made 208 not out to get them over the line.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
West Indies just chased 395 to beat Bangladesh, guy on debut made 208 not out to get them over the line.
210 not out.
Only the sixth player to make 200 on debut.
Not a bad effort. Only Bangladesh but they can't be easily dismissed any more, especially at home. They have beaten both Australia and England in the recent past.
Also a re-modelled West Indian team after alot of senior players refuse to tour because of Covid-19.

Some interesting Tests going on right now.
Pakistan v South Africa might yet be the best of them.
South Africa 1-127 chasing 370 with a day to go.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
4 - 72 in the second dig, track playing tricks, over 300 in front though.

Will be an interesting finish. 6/145 ahead by 386 is a great lead. If England can bat till either the end of the day or maybe until 10pm our time, they might get 20 mins at India tonight.

Last edited:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Will be an interesting finish. 6/145 ahead by 386 is a great lead. If England can bat till either the end of the day or maybe until 10pm our time, they might get 20 mins at India tonight.
168-8, over 400 in front, can Bess & Leach bowl India out? Wicket looks like a sandpit.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Good battle on day 1 of the second test. India 3/147 with Rohit Sharma 100 not out.

Three top dismissals. Olly Stone with a late in-dipper to Gill shouldering arms, Stokes making a tough catch low to his left at slip off the spinner look ridiculously easy, and Ali bowling a corker to get Virat for a duck through the gate, Kohli standing there like WG Grace refusing to believe he'd been bowled for a quack.

Tough pitch looks like it will break up so if India can get 300+ the Poms will struggle.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Warner critics who bag him for his overseas vs home averages - take a look at Sharma - 85 at home, 27 away.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
For me, the way players handle DRS is fast becoming one of the most humourous (if not entertaining) aspects of the game.
Bangladesh are seven down needing another 60-odd to win. Their number nine is given out LBW - looking very adjacent.
He did not even hesitate to call for the review.
Result - still out. Bat not within a mile of the ball (didn't even need snicko or whatever it's called). Ball tracking said HITTING - not even umpire's call, review lost.
What is their thought process? He must have known he did not hit it.
Is it ego? Do they think, "I'm probably out but we're better off with me taking the punt because I'm better than the guys to come after me?".
Sheesh, if I was captain and players persisted with this attitude, I'd consider reversing the batting order and make sure they were aware of the fact that the blokes coming in after them are there because they are better.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
In some odd scheduling the one dayer NSW v Vics is on today (rather than yesterday, Sunday) on Foxtel, Kayo, Cricket.com.AU)

Smith, Henriques, Abbott, Cummins, Lyon playing for NSW, Pattinson, Harris, Maddison for Vics.

NSW 2-10 after 3 overs.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
In some odd scheduling the one dayer NSW v Vics is on today (rather than yesterday, Sunday) on Foxtel, Kayo, Cricket.com.AU)

Smith, Henriques, Abbott, Cummins, Lyon playing for NSW, Pattinson, Harris, Maddison for Vics.

NSW 2-10 after 3 overs.
Foxtel probably had other priorities yesterday, like the guinea pig racing in Gympie.
It is a pity how irrelevant state cricket has become in Australia, but I am not sure it is anyone's fault, rather just a product of the times.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Foxtel probably had other priorities yesterday, like the guinea pig racing in Gympie.
It is a pity how irrelevant state cricket has become in Australia, but I am not sure it is anyone's fault, rather just a product of the times.
I thought CA did the schedule?

Vics had NSW at 4/72 but Smith and new guy Oliver Davies have easily brought this to 4/146 after 30 overs. This is at North Sydney oval which is a postage stamp ground.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Vics now struggling. After having NSW 4/72 they ended up making 318.

Vics now 5/111. To be fair there’s a few far ”young” guys in the Victorian team. Harper, Short, Fraser-McGurk, Sutherland, Crone, Evans to go with Harris, Maddinson, Hanscomb, Pattinson and Holland.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
To me, it is a logical flaw in the DRS process. The overall decision that the on-field umpire made is used as the "umpire's call" for every aspect of an LBW decision - and there are, what, three or four of them in all? Assume for the sake of argument that the umpire thought that the impact was in line, but he gave it not out because he thought Root hit it. That "not out" call is used as the umpire's call on everything. DRS shows that Root did not hit it and the impact was umpire's call. The umpire's call on the impact was in-line, so it should have been out.
I guess it's just not practical to have the on-field umpire provide three or four individual decisions and work out a final result in the time available. I'm a fan of DRS in general but this flaw tells me maybe it's time to do away with umpire's call in all its forms.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ashwin, 5 wickets in England's 1st innings and 100 in India's 2nd innings, a reasonable effort.
He has 1 wicket in Englands 2nd innings, would have to been a good chance of getting another 5fa.
Would have to be a first, 100 and 5 wickets in both innings if he's able to do it.
England 3/53, still needing another 429.