Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Well-balanced 2nd Test with Kiwis just in front at lunch on day 3 with 5 wickets in hand.

They just showed Jimmy Anderson's record, pre-30 and post-30.
Pre-30: 71 Tests, 268 wickets at 30.37
Post-30: 90 Tests (!!!), 348 wickets at 23.66

I hope he gets 0 for 700 out here, but the day-night Test will help him.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Kiwis are an impressive unit. No Williamson, no Southee, no Watling, no worries. Ok, the Poms have no Stokes or Archer, but the gulf in batting techniques is vast. If Dom Sibley's a Test opener and Zac Crawley's a 3 I'm a mezzo soprano.

Root was the 7th man out with the score at 76. He came in at 2/17 in the 5th over. He got out in the 27th over, after seeing four teammates fall before him. He faced 61 balls. He made 11. What the *smile*, Joe. You can't win if you don't pass the other team's score.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The Kiwis are an impressive unit. No Williamson, no Southee, no Watling, no worries. Ok, the Poms have no Stokes or Archer, but the gulf in batting techniques is vast. If Dom Sibley's a Test opener I'm a mezzo soprano.

The Poms having no Archer is a benefit to England IMO.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
You cannot be serious.

Jofra Archer? Yep. Great pace but a flat track bully for mine. Lacks the endurance and perseverance, not to mention being mentality fragile, when bowling conditions don't suit him.

When the conditions suit him he is dangerous. But when they don't a liability.

His performance is too hinged on the efforts of others, namely Anderson and Broad.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jofra Archer? Yep. Great pace but a flat track bully for mine. Lacks the endurance and perseverance, not to mention being mentality fragile, when bowling conditions don't suit him.

When the conditions suit him he is dangerous. But when they don't a liability.

His performance is too hinged on the efforts of others, namely Anderson and Broad.
Fair enough. Reckon he'll be more of a factor out here than Anderson - who never has been, day/night Tests aside.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Test final - the Kiwis won the toss and bowled and have bowled terribly. The ball is hooping all over the place and they haven’t put it in the right areas. As an x swing bowler it’s heartbreaking. You just need to put enough balls in the right spots and the wickets almost take care of themselves. Southee is a very good swing bowler and he really let them down. Maybe Degrade can get it done.
Love watching Gill bat though.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
How crap are Pakistan at ODI cricket.

England needing to play at best their 2nds (more likely some would be in the 3rds) against their best team and they meakly get thrashed in 2 ODI's.