Culprits causing concussion! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Culprits causing concussion!

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Yesterday's incident where Stewart ran passed the ball to shoulder Prestia in the head knocking Prestia unconscious and putting him out of the rest of the game, made me realise there is no immediate penalty for Geelong or Stewart. Yet Richmond lost a midfield play maker for the rest of the game.

Stewart went on to play a vital role in Geelong's eventual win.

Surely, Stewart as the culprit of this extremely poor action should be sanctioned immediately by remaining off the field until the victim can come back on. In this instance Stewart would not be allowed back into the game as Prestia was not allowed to re-enter the game.

Discuss!

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yesterday's incident where Stewart ran passed the ball to shoulder Prestia in the head knocking Prestia unconscious and putting him out of the rest of the game, made me realise there is no immediate penalty for Geelong or Stewart. Yet Richmond lost a midfield play maker for the rest of the game.

Stewart went on to play a vital role in Geelong's eventual win.

Surely, Stewart as the culprit of this extremely poor action should be sanctioned immediately by remaining off the field until the victim can come back on. In this instance Stewart would not be allowed back into the game as Prestia was not allowed to re-enter the game.

Discuss!
I agree with you, but the AFL have already come out and said that they are not entertaining a send off rule in any way, shape or form.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
I agree with you, but the AFL have already come out and said that they are not entertaining a send off rule in any way, shape or form.
Not send off - he can be replaced by someone from their bench, just the culprit cannot be used as an interchange......

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not send off - he can be replaced by someone from their bench, just the culprit cannot be used as an interchange......
Not sure what you mean. That’s taking the culprit off the ground and leaving them off for the duration of the injury. Isn’t that sending off?

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Not sure what you mean. That’s taking the culprit off the ground and leaving them off for the duration of the injury. Isn’t that sending off?
No - I'm not explaining myself well.

A send off means a team plays 1 player down - 17 players on the field against 18 players.

I'm saying the culprit can be replaced making 18 players v 18 players on the field and the culprits team can use the sub to have 4 on the bench. But the culprit himself cannot enter the field of play until the victim does.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We shouldve kod him in return.
It wasn't like he didn't go near it.
He stood in the hole 3 or 5 times, where were the knees??