Current replays | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Current replays

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just watched....again...the game against Port. We were as tough as nails in that game, but our back line was a bit suss. Morris will have to show more in 2015 than he did in this game. I know he had shoulder probs, but Port got 2 or 3 goals from his glaring mistakes. Don't usually can any of our players but this was so obvious was worth mentioning. Lloyd was good up forward and hope he can replicate that form this year. Overall, it was great to watch the Tiges winning a game against quality opposition. Whatever we do we must re-sign both Dusty and Rance. They are just too good to lose.

Another point I would make is that I hope Cotch can get rid of those dinky little kicks, that often come undone.

All in all I great way to spend a couple of hours watching us win instead of the Mrs. watching the tennis.

It was very Ty that having had a poor game he kicked (arguably) the winning goal.

Morris's chase on White late was very typical of his game- brave but ultimately not getting it done.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Morris's chase on White late was very typical of his game- brave but ultimately not getting it done.

Morris would have known he couldnt have caught White but kept chasing to keep the pressure on. What more do you want from him ?

Morris' game against Adelaide is one you need to watch for some balance. He pants Betts. The same betts that we have always had trouble controlling.

Baloo said:
Morris would have known he couldnt have caught White but kept chasing to keep the pressure on. What more do you want from him ?

Morris' game against Adelaide is one you need to watch for some balance. He pants Betts. The same betts that we have always had trouble controlling.

I agreed with the commentary, he took the wrong angle, should have stayed to the inside rather than trying to run him down.

His write up in the prosepctus is pretty bad, that game wasn't the only one where he had 4 goals kicked on him.

He had a subpar year no doubt. But the fact he was booked in for a shoulder reco every monday morning for the last 10 weeks of the season goes some way to explaining why he was subpar.

It also highlights that the whole match committee saw something he was bringing to the team not many others could, me included.

Baloo said:
He had a subpar year no doubt. But the fact he was booked in for a shoulder reco every monday morning for the last 10 weeks of the season goes some way to explaining why he was subpar.

It also highlights that the whole match committee saw something he was bringing to the team not many others could, me included.

That was the inexplicable thing to me. When you watch gametape from last year he really was bad in game after game. I'm someone who will normally defend the unfashionable role player, I loved Dan Jackson before 2013, but Morris I don't get.

Meanwhile, rather than sending him to surgery and giving Dea and Plugger or even Lennon a chance to learn the craft they persisted with a obviously injured Morris because he was a marginally better option.

I don't think anyone doubts his courage, but I hope he can lift his skill level this year. Back men can't gift goals with glaring mistakes.

Also, just watched the Eagles game where a stupid act cost Vicks 4 weeks. Not too much to take out of that game, except perhaps the ability of Miles, gee he is one tough cookie, and the good form of Chaplin who saved us time and time again.

As it was the worst conditions, too hard to pin point out any glaring weaknesses or brilliant performances. No wonder Priddis won the Brownlow though. Great player.

was at the eagle game got absolutely drenched but was great to sing the song with the tiger army. Also this was one of Morris' best games , standing le cras and played him very well , although it would be fair to say the conditions were certainly an ally on this occaision

Like a few in the off season, I've watched a number of replays (not all of them involving Richmond).

And the games I've seen involving Port Adelaide; they impressed me. Like many I was dissappointed after the game but now I've had the chance to look at the game again, and also others, I don't believe Port Adelaide could have played a more perfect first quarter. They were brilliant! Annoyingly, it was against us! In fact, and if my memory serves me right, they didn't kick a point in the first quarter for we rushed them.

I don't think there's any point in blaming players for their effort when put in this context. In some respects, it reminded me of the Richmond's last quarter against Essendon on the ANZAC weekend in 1982 where we kicked ten goals to their one. We were brilliant! And an excellent replay to view while I wait for the cricket season to finish. Good memories!