PREinvention | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PREinvention

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Most of the talk about our potential areas of improvement next year have focused on new players and how much more we can squeeze out of those yet to hit their peak. But a clever reinvention can create something from almost nothing. In Jake King we had a struggling small defender, yet a bit of vision saw us lose a clogger and gain a defensive forward with presence. So who else could be reinvented? Could Steve Morris find a new incarnation as a Jakey-style forward terrier? Shaun Grigg a lead-up medium? Dea an inside mid? Don't answer these rhetorical questions, they're to get the juices flowing. Let's workshop. Who can we transform?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
TJsFurrow said:
Most of the talk about our potential areas of improvement next year have focused on new players and how much more we can squeeze out of those yet to hit their peak. But a clever reinvention can create something from almost nothing. In Jake King we had a struggling small defender, yet a bit of vision saw us lose a clogger and gain a defensive forward with presence. So who else could be reinvented? Could Steve Morris find a new incarnation as a Jakey-style forward terrier? Shaun Grigg a lead-up medium? Dea an inside mid? Don't answer these rhetorical questions, they're to get the juices flowing. Let's workshop. Who can we transform?
Chris Knights on the half back flank.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Tried Newman as a fwd and didn't quite have a huge impact so Menadue to spend development time on wing in seniors and griff at chb

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Batchelor to the forward line

- he's good defensively and can shut down the opposition rebounder.
- he's got a strong intercept mark
- he's a reliable straight kick at goal

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
DirtyDogTiger said:

I like it. if we're clogged for talls down back he could be a perfect decoy down forward with his marking.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
DirtyDogTiger said:

I personally would like to see Jake Batchelor given some time as a Midfielder, Could very well do a Shane Tuck

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:
I personally would like to see Jake Batchelor given some time as a Midfielder, Could very well do a Shane Tuck

And maybe a "stopper" for the likes of Judd and say Heppel. We don't really have a type like this do we?

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I like the idea of Dusty as a permanent (more or less) small forward. I think he has the capacity to reinvent the position - or at the very least be as good as Nathan Brown. One out he's virtually unstoppable. He can turn a man inside out as if he was a sock puppet. He's a good body on body mark. He's accurate with the ball running full pelt into an open goal from anywhere between 55m and 30m. He reads the drop of the ball and off the pack too. He's a decent crumber.

He's still young and can only get better.

He also has that body language thing where it's as if has hackles that spring up when he's challenged in the front half. He exudes a confidence bordering on arrogance. We need that.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
DirtyDogTiger said:

Yeah,like that!

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Play Martin and Deledio as perma forwards.

Batch? Too slow, not clever enough.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Grimes on the wing. Good in the air and on the ground and has speed and some smarts.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The Mole said:
Grimes on the wing. Good in the air and on the ground and has speed and some smarts.
Like this, reads the game really well and if all of Astbury, Rance and Chaplin are fit he makes the back line a bit too tall.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Carter said:
Play Martin and Deledio as perma forwards.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Would rather have the talent in the forward line and push the cream of the kids into mid roles early. McD, McI, CEllis, Drummond and Menadue to split time in the middle to make up the time that Martin and Lids would've had. Keep the blue-chips on the park.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
TigerForce said:
Houli HFF.....shouldabeen since the day he walked in to the club.
No. Houli is a much better player rebounding and not coming at the ball and having to turn.

He is a straight ahead footballer, HBF or wing at a pinch.

I think we have already done the reinvention. Lids forward

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sintiger said:
No. Houli is a much better player rebounding and not coming at the ball and having to turn.

He is a straight ahead footballer, HBF or wing at a pinch.

I think we have already done the reinvention. Lids forward

HFF/Wing then.

He's flexible enough to turn 180deg and kick a beautiful goal off the boot from 50-60 metres out. I'd rather Macho Man Batch did the rebounding now as Houli can be weak at times when he gets tackled. Time for a change.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Houli on the wing as I think his attributes would suit him in a more offensive roles.

If injuries hit our key forwards, then Astbury up forward is an option. Saw him kick 3 goals on debut and looked a natural KPF.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Jack to spend the occasional 5 minutes or so in the mid field especially when the opposition are on a roll.
Like Roughie does with the Hawks.