Damien Hardwick On SEN This Morning | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick On SEN This Morning

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Public speakers often repeat phrases without knowing - which is less than ideal for comms as it becomes distracting. Dimma has "really pleasing", which seems to be in the manual for every coach. "The fact of the matter is" is another one Dimma favourite trotted out every second sentence. I'm shocked our media people don't point it out. Perhaps they do and he doesn't give a rats.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
And when they ask about *smile* they shouldn't be, and they know it, they either a) think they doing "journalism", or b) it's cos that's what the people wanna to hear about. GAGF.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Public speakers often repeat phrases without knowing - which is less than ideal for comms as it becomes distracting. Dimma has "really pleasing", which seems to be in the manual for every coach. "The fact of the matter is" is another one Dimma favourite trotted out every second sentence. I'm shocked our media people don't point it out. Perhaps they do and he doesn't give a rats.

"Looking forward to the challenge" is his number one favourite by a country mile.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
While you were of finding yourself in the foothills of Nepal I have bought up the question previously, how the hell does the clear best side in the league get penalised more then any other team? If your playing a style that’s winning surely your playing the game correctly

It was actually the dive bars of NYC but anyway.

Free kick differential for Richmond since 2016 H&A:

2016 - 10th (ah the good ole days).
2017 - 18th (here we go....);
2018 - 18th (who'd have thought);
2019 - 13th (whilst unflattering, pleasantly surprised);
2020 - 17th (shocked).

No surprises as to who's been on the positive end of the differential rankings regularly........

On just the free kick count on its own, we don't fare as badly (13th, 4th, 17th, 5th, 4th respectively), but who cares if you're getting 50 frees a game if your opponent is getting 100 Dwayne !

Copyright Drofstats Inc 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Well, exactly. And that then starts taking us down the path of the overt media bias against Richmond.

(FFS I heard that dhead Dwayne Russell say the other day that Richmond gets a lot of free kicks and then went on to explain why, like we were some sort of umpires favourite or something. We've been last to near last for free kick differential for the last 4 years in a row now and get creamed by them like no other team you idiot !!!!)
Haha. I heard that as well. Nearly drove off the road. Useless the lot of them!

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Tommy used to drop his "g"s...... don't think he gave a continental.
But few football figures stray from a finite number of phrases, just arrange them in a different sequence when they want to say something different.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Well, exactly. And that then starts taking us down the path of the overt media bias against Richmond.

(FFS I heard that dhead Dwayne Russell say the other day that Richmond gets a lot of free kicks and then went on to explain why, like we were some sort of umpires favourite or something. We've been last to near last for free kick differential for the last 4 years in a row now and get creamed by them like no other team you idiot !!!!)

Durwayne wouldn’t know which foot to put his socks on

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

He does have some phrases that he says all the time.

For example:

“Look, we’ve got plenty of motivation to win another premiership”

I’ve lost count of how many times he’s talked about winning more premierships. I don’t mind him being a bit repetitive though.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Will bet everything I own that Caro will go hard again tonight towards Damien on Footy C.

Turmoil at Richmond. the captain, Bachar and others not happy with Hardwick. She will quote her sources that the Board are concerned, that mediation was required, so forth and so on. An arrogant club, bla bla.

Its already on the footy on nine twitter feed.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Will bet everything I own that Caro will go hard again tonight towards Damien on Footy C.

Turmoil at Richmond. the captain, Bachar and others not happy with Hardwick. She will quote her sources that the Board are concerned, that mediation was required, so forth and so on. An arrogant club, bla bla.

She's running out of stories...

I was waiting for Blobbo to ask Dimma on AFL360.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Guessing it's gunna be on that Caro's arrow bit where she big notes n waffles n hangs *smile*. Just wondering if she's somehow related to that Duursma flog n his bow n arrow trick.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Was just thinking, how the **** didn’t Hardwick win the AFLCA Coach of the year award last year ? Hinkley didn’t even make the GF, but Hardwick coached a Premiership in the most difficult year in AFL history and did it having to play almost the entire season away from home. What the....???

Unreal.

Reactions: 8 users