Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thanks for posting that Tim.

Talent-wise, it’s probably as strong a list as I’ve had, we’ve had at our disposal. We’ve got to capitalise on that, make sure we play our best footy. There’s going to be some ups and downs along the way but we’re really excited about the season moving forward.

Best list Dimma has had? Given he's won 3 premierships already he's set the benchmark of expectation very high with that comment.

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Best list Dimma has had? Given he's won 3 premierships already he's set the benchmark of expectation very high with that comment.
My eyes popped out of my head at that comment. I think it talks to the talent of the guys who are going to be 23-30on the list. It’s going to be graham sonsie miller banks soldo type players if we are 100% fit va Aarts markov Parker egg etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
[QUOTE="ceehook2, post: 2866283, member: 10633

and when the time comes for Dimma to step aside hopefully a really good assistant coach is waiting in the wings and things keep rolling on
[/QUOTE]

And Dimma moves across to a Balmesque role!

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006

I noticed that too......but I suppose he cant say "it's a pretty good list.....not as good as 2017/19/20....but not too bad"

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I agree with Dimma. This is the best balanced list I think I have seen at Tigerland and I am going back to 1967! We have multiple options for almost every position with a good blend of age and experience and there is and genuine stiff competition for spots.
We also have great quality kids coming through who, in the past, would have been thrown to the wolves too early and cruelled their development.

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I agree with Dimma. This is the best balanced list I think I have seen at Tigerland and I am going back to 1967! We have multiple options for almost every position with a good blend of age and experience and there is and genuine stiff competition for spots.
We also have great quality kids coming through who, in the past, would have been thrown to the wolves too early and cruelled their development.
Agree, just want one more Tom Lynch that is happy to play in the 2’s until the other Tom gets injured

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
This is why he is the best!
You don't like being here, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
Deledio, Higgins, Coleman Jones, Raines, ClokeScreenshot_20230221_203213_Facebook~2.jpg

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
On paper I think that is correct
My concern is whether Martin, riewoldt, grimes and Cotchin can be counted as the same players they were. We also have Tarrant and Prestia who are older players.
That’s the only niggling doubt in my mind on this list.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
My concern is whether Martin, riewoldt, grimes and Cotchin can be counted as the same players they were. We also have Tarrant and Prestia who are older players.
Thats my thoughts too. All champions but they may not have the same elite performance.
Thinking positively we saw how well Cotch played last season. Some will drop away (im thinking Jack is in this situation, Tarrant possible and Grimes unknown)
Hopefully they can be good enough at a team level!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Then you can counter punch with Sonie Clarke Miller Banks Gibcus Ross & Young.
Hardwick has built the perfect list.
Your injured your covered.
It's not a 1994 list

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No doubt it's time for younger players to put pressure on these snr types. They can't flounder in the seconds forever. If they do then we'll fall off a cliff when these guys soon retire. Need pressure coming from below on these aging champs.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No doubt it's time for younger players to put pressure on these snr types. They can't flounder in the seconds forever. If they do then we'll fall off a cliff when these guys soon retire. Need pressure coming from below on these aging champs.
100% you can destroy kids if they don't get rewarded.
Hardwick isn't scared to swing the axe.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Talent wise, I would say the list is deeper than we have had before, but not the best 22. Mainly because of the decreased output from aging stars, Martin, Riewoldt, Cotch and Prestia.

No Rance, Astbury, Grigg, Lambert, Edwards, Caddy, Houli. (replaced by Taranto, Hopper, Balta, Bolton, Rioli jnr, Cumberland, Tarrant/Gibcus)

Reactions: 7 users