Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

This is what gets me, how come opposition teams can make it hard for our players to find space and we can't do the same to them?

I saw it time and time today, we would get the ball but had few options and every option was a player without any space. Gold Coast had players on the outside with space.

There is something very wrong with the way we set up, not sure what it is exactly but it ain't good. At times we were not defending the corridor and they had options all over the place.

You know you're in trouble when it looks like your team has less players on the ground.

Chasing opponents all day takes it out of players.

We had less problems jamming up the opposition and finding space against Melbourne last week.

DS
Our players weren’t prepared to run to space like GC did
They waited for someone else to get the ball

Reactions: 1 users
Taranto and Hopper be like blokes who woke up in a Vegas Hotel Room married to a couple of hookers after a big night out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Just watched the press conference. I'm still on the page as Dimmer. I reckon the education piece from the youngsters is the main issue.....plus general fitness.

Just watched the press conference. I'm still on the page as Dimmer. I reckon the education piece from the youngsters is the main issue.....plus general fitness.
and kicking skills
and tackling skills
and marking skills
and clearances
but apart from that education of the youngsters

Reactions: 1 user
Just watched it.

Looks lost for answers.

No confidence from that whatsoever.
The entire coaching set looks flat. I sat near the race where they come on and off the ground. Normally they run off the ground. Our assistants just dawdled, looked vacant and flat, no energy.

Hooch looked immensely frustrated. Shaking his head as he approached the gate.

Reactions: 4 users
Just watched it.

Looks lost for answers.

Amazing he mentioned “ merging talent “ . Who ? Apart from Samson Ryan are “ emerging talent “ is ordinary with poor skills . Juddy Clarke misses targets majority of time

Unfortunately they have all worked out how to Beat the Tigers. Short 20m kicks to teammates that we don't man up. It was so obvious tonight. We may set up okay out the back but we are leaving too many opponents by themselves then get caught out.

Just watched it.

Looks lost for answers.

True but what else could he say without smashing the players. He's taking responsibility in his way of communicating - doesn't want to put players down in public. Reckon privately there would be some interesting conversations

Reactions: 2 users
They work harder and are better players.
So true, after we score a point it was so easy for them to get the ball out of our F50. This has happened all year. They are happy to conceed a kick in rather than man up.

True but what else could he say without smashing the players. He's taking responsibility in his way of communicating - doesn't want to put players down in public. Reckon privately there would be some interesting conversations
Noah Cumberland says hi

Just saw the presser, we break down at HF too much.

"We've been in this situation before.....where we've had holes and can't seem to get out of it and sometimes you look at it and you think geez I don't know where our next win is coming from, but all of a sudden things can change very very quickly..."

I just hope he's not deluded. Can't say the Huns haven't improved given they beat the Pussies and thrashed lolnorf, but I'll take this as our bottoming out game of the season at this Dump (maybe Dimma's frightened the team with this) and then return to the G in the next 4 games before we meet GWS in Sydney.