Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

By Hardwick’s decision.
They were first made aware of it when contacted by Brown yesterday afternoon and asked him to stall the announcement. Balme didn’t know anything as of yesterday early evening. Said he thought the report must be wrong.
Tom Morris broke the story not Browne. I'll forgive Morris as he ticked the boxes to make sure it wasn't a fake story.

As for me, I'm still gutted. Could barely watch the presser. Feel like I've lost an arm.

Reactions: 3 users
Being Port Adelaide we play this week, I'm sure both clubs will probably create a 1 banner for both teams to run through.

Dimma doesn't like the spotlight which is why he walked down Swan Street at 4:00am on his own after the 2017GF instead of when fans were celebrating after game.

Reactions: 1 users
To think the Gale and co running the club didn't know about this until recently I reckon is crap. Dimma would have been talking to them through the year and telling them of his thoughts. The players are a different matter as the coach needs to keep them up and motivated, and as Nank said, it is a testament to Dimma that the players didn't know because Dimma was asking the players to be invested while he was having doubts.

Class act, would not have left the club wondering what he was thinking, would definitely have been talking to them.

DS

Reactions: 8 users
Really feels like the closing of a chapter in my life, and it's going to slam shut when some heroes retire at the end of the year.

The book was amazing around the middle but has started to get a bit *smile*. Flick through the rest quickly.

The silver lining is there is a sequel coming that I reckon can be just as good as the original.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
The book was amazing around the middle but has started to get a bit *smile*. Flick through the rest quickly.

The silver lining is there is a sequel coming that I reckon can be just as good as the original.
We all hope Bris.

Reactions: 2 users
To think the Gale and co running the club didn't know about this until recently I reckon is crap. Dimma would have been talking to them through the year and telling them of his thoughts. The players are a different matter as the coach needs to keep them up and motivated, and as Nank said, it is a testament to Dimma that the players didn't know because Dimma was asking the players to be invested while he was having doubts.

Class act, would not have left the club wondering what he was thinking, would definitely have been talking to them.

DS
Didn’t Benny reference that and that they’d been working through that with Hooch for a while ? Pretty sure he said they thought they could work through it but when he informed him on Monday, it otherwise wasn’t a total surprise to Benny.

Reactions: 3 users
Didn’t Benny reference that and that they’d been working through that with Hooch for a while ? Pretty sure he said they thought they could work through it but when he informed him on Monday, it otherwise wasn’t a total surprise to Benny.
I reckon r they might've known he might be going end of the year, but he couldn't get there.

The early losses this year and dumb play exacerbated his demise 15 weeks early I reckon, god knows it was doing my head in. One can only imagine the stress it was causing him.

He wanted to see the year out no doubt and was hoping for a triumphant exit in September.

For mine. the pathetic dumb losses and performances proved to him that exit was not going to be attainable, and the first 10 weeks of frustration burnt up his petrol tickets.

Had the Tigers beaten the Suns, Swans and the Bongers at the very least, I dare say Damien would still be coaching the RFC as the ideal was still attainable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I got laid and won 4th Div lotto in the 90s.
scoring once plus winning a couple hundred in a single decade is pretty impressive I admit.

You musta thought all your chickens had come at once.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users