Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I've just realised that I've never known a RFC without Damien Hardwick being as I only emigrated to Australia in 2009 and started watching footy a few years after

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
I've just realised that I've never known a RFC without Damien Hardwick being as I only emigrated to Australia in 2009 and started watching footy a few years after

Mate the period between 1982 and 2009 was totally awesome for the RFC, you really missed out on some fun times there

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
Doubt it for mine.

Whats in it for him?
And its all consuming.
Think he'll look for another challenge.
My opinion only
He said more than once during his presser that he loves coaching and just needs a break.

That doesn’t sound like he’s done with coaching to me, and clubs will come for him, hard.

Reactions: 1 users
He said more than once during his presser that he loves coaching and just needs a break.

That doesn’t sound like he’s done with coaching to me, and clubs will come for him, hard.

I reckon the GC calls are most likely on the money. They won't play finals this year, will be seen as another fail for Dew.

I think the AFL will find someway to help them get Dusty up there, maybe not with draft picks, but with salary cap relief.

Dusty has about $1.2m I think I remember for 2024, next contract with us would probably be in the $500-$550k range, they would easily get him up withre with 3 years and something like $2.7m-$2.8m. Dusty may see this as the payday he missed out on when re-signing for us (and getting the glory). Would be seen as 2 massive marquee signings for the Suns to aim to get more people through the doors.

I'd love both Dimma to be a 1 club coach and Dusty to be a 1 club player but it may not work out that way. Their 1st and Flanders for Dusty and a future 3rd, would enable us to start our refresh very quickly.

Reactions: 1 user
Some posts suggesting that Dimma was not at full intensity this season. Or not invested. Quitting just to restart in october.
Or taking a long holiday, instead of a serious research trip to the USA.
NUP.

For sure he was battling and at times exhausted. But I dont doubt he gave everything to the last drop.
And RFC were not shortchanged.
Respect he gave his all

Reactions: 10 users
To think the Gale and co running the club didn't know about this until recently I reckon is crap. Dimma would have been talking to them through the year and telling them of his thoughts. The players are a different matter as the coach needs to keep them up and motivated, and as Nank said, it is a testament to Dimma that the players didn't know because Dimma was asking the players to be invested while he was having doubts.

Class act, would not have left the club wondering what he was thinking, would definitely have been talking to them.

DS
not sure how ur so certain of this

You’re a lucky man, then. The years between 1980 - 2017 have been indelibly inked onto people’s memories. There weren’t many bright spots, although 1995 was fun and we did get to see Richo at his peak.

Reactions: 3 users
he'll coach again.
And that is exactly why I keep having this inkling that something is not quite right . I think the Tiger family would totally understand if he took the rest of the year to go to Ibiza or Lake Grace.

I just hope that he is okay and that this is not just his media narrative. He deserves to be happy.

He's leaving the love of his life, the RFC, for parts unknown and has said that he needs a break. We can read into that he may well want to coach again, but not with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For me it's two things - he needs a break, and he's been with us 14 years. Simple as that.

When he coaches again I wish him the best in every game except when he plays us.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users