Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Dimma coaches against my team and he is a hated man
Its the Tiger in me !

Reactions: 3 users
Have a feel Damian knows where he is going to be next year , in fact I think he may have known for a few months
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up taking next year off and positions himself for a plum role like Tasmania.
Can’t see him taking on a basket case like West Coast and he’s already stated he won’t be gunning for Stewart Dew’s job due to their close friendship. Unless they give him the sars.
Looks like Port job has closed down now that Hinkley has them purring.
North if Clarkson pulls the pin? Another tough ask.
Where then?

Reactions: 1 user
Dimma coaches against my team and he is a hated man
Its the Tiger in me !
If Dimma comes back to coach too quickly in the eyes of many Diehard Tigers after basically walking out he will burn alot of love, cred,support and good will with them.

I dont see him coaching next year surely he wont.

I can see the AFL pushing for him to take on the Tasmanian gig though, and I can see him taking it on and possibly Jack Riewoldt joining him as a forwards coach.

Its all supposition I guess.

Reactions: 2 users
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up taking next year off and positions himself for a plum role like Tasmania.
Can’t see him taking on a basket case like West Coast and he’s already stated he won’t be gunning for Stewart Dew’s job due to their close friendship. Unless they give him the sars.
Looks like Port job has closed down now that Hinkley has them purring.
North if Clarkson pulls the pin? Another tough ask.
Where then?
When did he say that re dew I think that’s a conclusion some armchair boofheads have made I personally don’t think that’d stand in his way

If Dimma comes back to coach too quickly in the eyes of many Diehard Tigers after basically walking out he will burn alot of love, cred,support and good will with them.

I dont see him coaching next year surely he wont.

I can see the AFL pushing for him to take on the Tasmanian gig though, and I can see him taking it on and possibly Jack Riewoldt joining him as a forwards coach.

Its all supposition I guess.
Pigs , more are relieved that he called time than clung on like simmo and I’m a staunch supporter of his

• Love
When did he say that re dew I think that’s a conclusion some armchair boofheads have made I personally don’t think that’d stand in his way
Said it himself on AFL 360.
They’re Premiership team mates and very close. Speak regularly and Hardwick a big proponent of treating senior coaches with due respect.
If he takes the job it’s because it’s become vacant and he then goes through the sham process ( just for the optics )
But not sure Dew’s fate was determined months ago and Hardwick positioned for it as some have suggested

Last edited:
Pigs , more are relieved that he called time than clung on like simmo and I’m a staunch supporter of his
feel exactly the same way, most coaches hang on way too long, and have to be sacked. if anything, i actually have even more respect for him for pulling the plug quickly and letting us get on with it. Look at whats happned the last 4 rounds, we look like a different team.

Reactions: 7 users
feel exactly the same way, most coaches hang on way too long, and have to be sacked. if anything, i actually have even more respect for him for pulling the plug quickly and letting us get on with it. Look at whats happned the last 4 rounds, we look like a different team.
Best players playing well , hard to play against again just listen to oppo coaches , we weren’t in this space a month ago

Reactions: 1 users
There was some rumour that Benny had hard words to him at the start of the season when things started to go pear shaped. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall. Regardless of what's happened, I still admire him for making a decision in the best interests of himself & the club.

Reactions: 11 users
BG stated after losing out on the head job at the AFL that he was looking forward to getting
under the hood and finding out what had gone wrong re: start of our season.

after you’ve coached one of the biggest clubs what a let down it will be to coach a minnow..unless it’s another big club.
not next year anyway.

Dimma did well but he also had bonafide stars, role players, that were in on the ride.
will it be the same elsewhere, time will tell, things rarely get duplicated…that’s why our 3 out 4 is remarkable.

I know once he signs with another club, he’s the enemy.

Must say I really enjoyed the interview

Just another reminder how lucky we were to have dimma as our coach.

I was playing the devils advocate.

I think that the p[layers picked up on Dimmas energy and that flattened the joint somewhat.

Throw in the loss of a few more close buddies such as George and Caddy etc the joint was not firing.

Mini seemes to have stoked some flicker of flame into the embers of 2023 that were about snuffed.

Frodos podcast was independent,

But i think now its on AFL.com with pepperjack wine everywhere,

Its pretty dependent.

He gets a high calibre of guest and crafts good yarns though
Dylans podcast is from what i know is under the afl umbrella these days. I dont know exactly how it works but i know one of the writers behind the scenes and its in the clubhouse. Started independent but (not your comment) earlier was mentioned about dimmas choice of interviewer to do this chat kinda thing. Its afl not a random. Bad wording by me but without giving stuff away and full knowledge yada yada but a good personal link.

Have a feel Damian knows where he is going to be next year , in fact I think he may have known for a few months
Here is an idea from left field. Dimma to be Benny’s replacement. Dimma has a commercial background (formal accounting qualifications). He is a leader with vision, a leader of men and knows footy.

• Love
My gut feel and that’s all it is , he will enjoy a good break unless something comes up that is too good to knock back .

Wouldn’t surprise if he pops up in a few media roles next year .

Here is an idea from left field. Dimma to be Benny’s replacement. Dimma has a commercial background (formal accounting qualifications). He is a leader with vision, a leader of men and knows footy.
Plus it’s better then him coaching another team against us

how Dimma goes at his next club - and it will be 2024 - will be absolutely fascinating.

a wonderful coach - first-rate educator, superb motivator, and a cannier tactician than some might believe.

but we all know he had a world-class framework in which to operate - a once-in a lifetime gallery of administrative stars at all levels of the club.

as for the footy side of things, the perfect marriage of chaos-ball and vulnerability cannot be replicated with the same impact. Collingwood have taken the template and created a monster no one else looks like matching this year.

will Dimma stick with what he knows or reinvent himself?

how Dimma goes at his next club - and it will be 2024 - will be absolutely fascinating.

a wonderful coach - first-rate educator, superb motivator, and a cannier tactician than some might believe.

but we all know he had a world-class framework in which to operate - a once-in a lifetime gallery of administrative stars at all levels of the club.

as for the footy side of things, the perfect marriage of chaos-ball and vulnerability cannot be replicated with the same impact. Collingwood have taken the template and created a monster no one else looks like matching this year.

will Dimma stick with what he knows or reinvent himself?
Short list of coaches who've won Premierships at second club especially recently.