DANIEL RIOLI | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DANIEL RIOLI

BigBadNorm

Tiger Cub
Sep 22, 2015
How nice would it be if we could get another Rioli in the club. I would love to take a shot at this kid even with pick 12 or pick 20 from Carlton for the Yarran deal. He is exactly what we need and the name just adds more romance to it.

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Brodders17 said:
Prob come from the draft combine show on fox last night. They went thru top 18 picks and stated what they thought each club needed and the player avail that will fill that need. They suggested rioli for our pick 12. Fwd mid. Run X factor.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
keepa lids onit said:
Prob come from the draft combine show on fox last night. They went thru top 18 picks and stated what they thought each club needed and the player avail that will fill that need. They suggested rioli for our pick 12. Fwd mid. Run X factor.

Maybe why we don't want to lose our first pick be good to get involved in a trade with the saints to get 5 give them 12 and a player maybe Lennon draft Rioli with 5 and get Yarran?

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
We for many years now have recruited safe, solid citizens, leaders and captains of under age teams. Last year I think we focused on pace zip around the ground hence many picks post C Ellis focused on speed. I think this year we roll the dice on a few that can go either way. Get 2 or 3 in that have this "x" factor, that have shown glimpses of brilliance but we are not sure if they have what it takes. Id be happy with some risks in this hears "shallow" draft.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
If this kids name was Daniel Smith rather than Daniel Rioli he would never be talked of as a potential rd1 draftee.

He isn't great, he is okay, nothing more.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ghost of 29 said:
If this kids name was Daniel Smith rather than Daniel Rioli he would never be talked of as a potential rd1 draftee.

yeah, but his name is Rioli and we want one.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He has spent the last year or two boarding at St Pats Ballarat, and was prominent in their Herald Sun Shield win this year.

DLR

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 13, 2015
Ghost of 29 said:

Disagree, name has no affect on me, but his footy has flashes of brilliance - we need this sort this tear.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Ghost of 29 said:

I accept your judgement as haven't followed him much at all. Pretty difficult to keep up with all the different Junior footy leagues/comps etc.
But he has just tested very well in Draft Camp on all the key indicators. Played at best football school in the state (my alma mater too), has grown up eating and breathing football.
Probably has a big upside. Just doubt he'd fail, but might start out as a bit player until builds some muscle.
Not saying he's worth pick 12 though; would hope to keep pick 19 and grab him then. That's if CFC won't trade it for Yarran. Not sure what the pundits are saying now, but I read earlier that they were rating him even a third round pick.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
If Carlton retain their stance the Yarren sitting out for 12 months and us picking up Rioli and Oliver with picks 12 and 19 would be a great outcome Yarren for nothing and a ruckman in 2016 would just top it off. The damage to Silvagni's reputation as a recruiter would also be interesting

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
leon said:
I accept your judgement as haven't followed him much at all. Pretty difficult to keep up with all the different Junior footy leagues/comps etc.
But he has just tested very well in Draft Camp on all the key indicators. Played at best football school in the state (my alma mater too), has grown up eating and breathing football.
Probably has a big upside. Just doubt he'd fail, but might start out as a bit player until builds some muscle.
Not saying he's worth pick 12 though; would hope to keep pick 19 and grab him then. That's if CFC won't trade it for Yarran. Not sure what the pundits are saying now, but I read earlier that they were rating him even a third round pick.

Just watch his highlights video, and the vision doesn't come anywhere near matching the hype. Top 30 for sure but people suggesting he is top10/15 is ridiculous. Just remember that Nathan Drummond finished in the top 10% in all the running tests in his draft camp but was never ranked higher than what we took him.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Will go to Hawks for their pick in the 30's

No chance he will be a top 25 player and wouldnt suprise me to see him taken even later

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Is he the skinny kid that plays for the Thunder. If so very classy player.

DLR

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 13, 2015
lamb22 said:
Is he the skinny kid that plays for the Thunder. If so very classy player.

I think he is too, just what we want, with a pick we traded away. Might have been interesting if Brisvegas had taken Astbury. Sadly not to be. He won't last.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We definitely are just one Rioli away from a premiership.

snaps truly

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2008
Hobart
Ben Rioli also plays for the Thunder, usually back pocket. Is pretty skinny Too. Shannon Rioli, also for Thunder is a nuggety midfielder. There's a heap of Motlops as well.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
snaps truly said:
Ben Rioli also plays for the Thunder, usually back pocket. Is pretty skinny Too. Shannon Rioli, also for Thunder is a nuggety midfielder. There's a heap of Motlops as well.

Sounds like the Rioli sire is breeding to anything that comes his way.