DANNY EXPLODES | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DANNY EXPLODES

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Dont know if anyone else went into the rooms after the game tonight, but there was plenty of action

Once we finally got in, the players were locked away in the meeting room for quite a while.

Fans were chatting away about the pathetic and insipid performance, when BANG, you hear a Danny Frawley fist give the whiteboard in the meeting room a huge whack.

THis shut the whole place up, and for the first time, the fans outside could hear every word danny said:

'****'

' I THOUGHT WE HAD ****** IMPROVED GUYS'

'I THOUGHT WE WERE ****** GOING SOMEWHERE'

'****'

'THAT WAS ****** P!SSWEAK, ****** P!SSWEAK'

'I ****** THOUGHT WE WERE ****** GOING SOMEWHERE, ****'

'YOU ****** YOURSELVES UP THE ASS, ****** YOURSELVES'

'WELL **** YOU'

This then concluded the after match meeting.

S

Skyfire

I wonder how many people here are disappointed you didn't mean he actually physically exloded???

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
Last year, I was talking to someone who's friend was in the Richmond coaches box during Richmond's loss to Carlton last year.

According to the insider, Frawley was going mental at Richo's sub-standard play and attitude, but seemed so emotionally frazzled that he didn't take him off the ground once, even though he was a clear liability to the side.

And I guess today was another of Danny's 'episodes'.

Bluestreak

I'm a llama!
Jun 15, 2003
Be careful what you wish for Tigers.

You might wake up one day and find all your players in the defensive fifty, chipping sideways and handballing backwards to each other. All game. All season.

If Frawley goes, Brittain's the only other real option, and the above paragraph will become a horrible reality.

Anyway, since I've taken the time to post here: Bad luck on today's game. I can say from this end that it's never satisfying to win a game on the back of a free kick. Probably looked worse than it was.
Don't begrudge us poor old Blues on one of our rare recent victories. At least you guys have a bright future to look to, you'll be in the 8 when certain other AFL-Crippled teams will be struggling away on the bottom for years. ::)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Bluestreak said:
Don't begrudge us poor old Blues on one of our rare recent victories. At least you guys have a bright future to look to, you'll be in the 8 when certain other AFL-Crippled teams will be struggling away on the bottom for years. ::)

Howdy Bluestreak,
Congratulations to the Blues. Richmond handed the game to them on a platter and they took it. Good on them.
The fact remains it was pathetic effort by a team coming off 3 losses and with a chance to redeem itself and force a spot in the 8.
At the moment the wooden spoon and resultant draft picks seem a better option to me than struggling for 8th or 9th.
At least action would have to be taken then, rather than the continuing underacheiving and mediocrity year after year.
From a grumpy, depressed rosy who's mood hasn't improved despite a nights sleep. :mad:

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The swearing on this thread was totally unacceptable under the contract terms for this site.

If you need to use those words sites like AFLheadquarters have no issues with it.

If you need to type the words to get rid of your frustration type them properly and let the swear filter take care of them rather than try to avoid it.

I'm very disappointed I need to play policeman and edit posts like the initial one in this thread.

The contract for PRE says it is a family site, so please treat it like such or use another one for posts like that.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
My apologies Rosy

I was simply relaying some information to my fellow Tiger fans, and the words in the post were Danny's, not mine.

I wasnt aware of the swear filter, as if you look back through my other 223 posts, swearing certainly isnt common. I was not venting my frustration with swearing, simply quoting our mastermind coach.

I thought by putting in the little star things i had done the right thing, but apparently not. Sorry for bringing the site into disrepute. I'll plead guilty and cop a one week ban on the chin.

Cheers

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Ban him, Rosy!!

Its time you made some tough decisions regarding the team at PRE.

Make an example of DF and start the rebuilding for next year.

;D

P

PuntRoadRoar

im still gutted, what a disgrace !!!!

we lost to a complete rubble yesterday and i bet nothing good comes out of this, we will still see the same old hacks playing week after week and our team will go through the motions, i think i need a 6 month holiday in siberia.

i hope punt road blows up this week from some real pressure from both supporters and media. I doubt it

maybe if we lose our next 3 games and then have lost 7 in a row then people will start asking questions.

we have shown no improvement again, and even a day after im worse today than i was yesterday GRRRRRRR

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerFurious said:
Make an example of DF and start the rebuilding for next year.

;D

Haha good onya TF. Bugger that rule about playing the ball, let's play the man. ;D

Good to know I can still laugh. :rollin

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Like it or not if Frawley is coach next year, they will loose to many members it is already in decline the club no that and he knows that. They will be forced to act

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
What do you expect from Hillbilly Jim - I don't think his vocabulary is large enough to find other adjectives about the team and the performance. ;D