Danny, you are the weakest link...goodbye | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Danny, you are the weakest link...goodbye

GoldCoastTiger

Where do we go from here?
Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
Forgive me, as i do like Danny as a person, well what i hear and see of him, but he isnt cutting the mustard.. its time to leave. I doubt he will make this decision on his own, therefore will need to be pushed.
4 years and travelling no-where.
What would be great is if we tiger supporters were able to band together like the swanettes did last year, but of course we all know we could never agree like that.
Someone said in another post that 46 of the last 50 premiership teams were coached by a former premiership player.. Pagan must be one of those 4.
That to me speaks volumes, it says it all.
We need a coach thats been the distance, and knows what it takes.
3 days ago i wouldnt have ever suggested Terry Wallace, but its making more and more sense everyday.
He's played in premierships, and was also a tiger for a lil while. He also got great performance from 'Scray sides that didnt really have alot of talent.
After last year i thought he maybe lacked loyalty, but in reflection, and Footscrays comments last week, i believe he sees it as it is, and wont follow a lost cause.
lets hope the tigers arent a lost cause.
What other available coaches do u guys think would do us well?
And any chance we could band together for frawleys retirement? (sorry Danny)
And any chance we can agree on a coach, and petition the Admin like the swanettes last year?????

GoldCoastTiger

Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
Im so very sorry 'mwonash' i have only been on this site for 4 days, and although i have read plenty, unfortunatley i am human, and therefore unable to read EVERYTHING.
Sorry, very very sorry,.. so very sorry..
did i say i was sorry already??
In case i didnt,
Im sorry mwonash :)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
GoldCoastTiger said:
Im so very sorry 'mwonash' i have only been on this site for 4 days, and although i have read plenty, unfortunatley i am human, and therefore unable to read EVERYTHING.
Sorry, very very sorry,.. so very sorry..
did i say i was sorry already??
In case i didnt,
Im sorry mwonash :)
Hey GCT stop grovelling to whatsis, if you want to put up a post do so if someone slings *smile* at you sling it back. The sites here for all of us to stick our oar into.

GoldCoastTiger

Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
thanks g0tigers.. its a good site, with good opinions, and get alot more info than from mainstream media.. Just would love to get some substance with the rumours..i.e. nathan brown etc..
As for Angry Monday Tigers, its suprising how much less it affects u when u move from melbourne. Im hurt and disapointed like everyone, but it just doesnt linger as long.. or it could be that with failure over and over u just become conditioned..
I think my lowest ebb was the Carlton game, that was the end for this year.
Bring on cricket, a new coach, and some exciting trades/draft picks..
Thanks again g0tigers :)

GoldCoastTiger

Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
TigerMasochist said:
Hey GCT stop grovelling to whatsis, if you want to put up a post do so if someone slings sh!te at you sling it back. The sites here for all of us to stick our oar into.

masochist, i didnt make alot of sense of ur post, but im not grovelling to anyone whatsoever, and my reply was actually very sarcastic, not sure if u caught that;)
i wasnt grovelling.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Welcome GCT, and dont' worry about that nasty nwonash. He was actually guilty of a similar thing himself a little while ago by presuming things about people without reading some previous posts.
Oh and he Loves Danny Frawley.

So Hush little baby, don't say a word (about that rabble Frawley), Momma's gonna buy you a mockingbird. ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I add my name to that partition.

I have nothing against Spud BUT his record speaks for itself.

In four years we have gone backwards not forwards so the time is right.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Firstly - sorry GoldCoastTiger, didnt mean to come across nasty. Just everyone seems to think sacking Frawley is the soulution. Hope you can forgive myself. I'm not usually nasty.

Second - Cant agree with you more, its a great site.

Thirdly - I wish people accept that fact that Danny Frawley will coach the team for at least one more year. Everyone can say what they want, but isnt not going the change the fact..
Yeah, I'm cheesed off as much as you all about Richmond, however, look at the playing list for not only the last 4 years, but take a look at it for the past 20 years. Our recruiting has been pathetic.

Forthly - Sacking the coach will be an expensive exercise and money is hard to find.

Fifthly - sack Frawley and tell me which coach will accept the position of coaching Richmond, knowing that in due time, they'll also get the boot. Just look when Gesh resigned / sacked, how many people wanted the position.

I support Danny, but I dont totally agree on somethings he does. Yeah, he does do some silly things and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

In my option, if they are going to replace a coach, do it once their contract is up. That way it doesnt cost the club financially.

When Walls was sacked, it cost Richmond mega bucks. Money that could have been used to obtain a decent player.

Everyone has their opinion and thoughts, mine is that Richmonds lack of success if due to poor management and recruiting. Greg Beck has alot to answer for, he must either not go or goes to the wrong games when watching so called talent.

Be honest, if we were to field our best 22, we'd be very competitive wouldnt we ? once we get a few injuries, we are stuffed, we dont have the back up players.

Pettifer and Houlinan were promoted due to playing well for Coburg, that proves we lack depth.

I also believe this deal with Coburg isnt working as well as they hoped. Our younger players are not developing the way they should. With the exception of Coughlan and Newman.

Lets see what these changes Greg Miller is claiming he will make at the end of the season. At the end of the season, lets see what happens to Danny Frawley.

Remember in the last 22 seasons, we have only had two coaches that have seen Richmond make the finals. Frawley is one and no, I am not making my decision of keeping Frawley on that.

Tell me, if you were coach, what would you all be doing differently ? How long would it take before everyone turned on you ?

Sacking the coach is the easy way out. The finger has to go beyond the coach.

GoldCoastTiger

Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
thanks nwonash, i appreciate that.. makes me feel a lil bad at being so sarcastic actually. I understand ur frustration, so i apologise too.. no worries.
frawley as a man i think would be hard to find someone better, i feel awful saying those things about him as i think he has a great heart and spirit, so its not personal.
But it appears he cant coach, and fair enough too, the cattle thats been recruited since he got there is atrocious.. and that has to be the recruitment team (beck).
So i do feel bad, i would truly have loved nothing better than to see him succeed at Tigerland, and if they were to alter there recruiting policies this year i would be happy to see how he does next year.. as he does have so many duds at his 'disposal' (disposal=should be disposed of!)
as for Mad Cow, he IS the heart and soul of tigerland, and shouldnt ever be traded. People talk about the lack of loyalty players have... It would be more appropriate to note the lack of loyalty some clubs pay to players too... If Richo was traded, i think theyd have a very angry and scary mob at Punt Rd, i might even fly down and join in.

Thanks again nwonwash, i appreciate ur response. No grudge or hard feelings here, us Tigers gotta stick together ;D

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
I am getting sick and tired of people highlighting that our list is bad, and then turn around and say that Frawley is not responsible. We must not forget that Frawley as (head) coach is accountable for the list, game plan, etc.

He has been there for 4 years, not weeks or days. As coach, he has enormous input in the composition of the player list, the type of players he wants and the actual players he needs, etc. Because of the system the way it is, careful consideration must be made prior to trades and drafts. RFC has more often than not, botched it.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
UT you are absolutely correct. I admit FRAWLEY has been hamstrung a little, but he was still responsible for recruiting the likes of Hudson, Houlihan, Sziller and co.

He as the coach must accept responsibility for that or he should have gotten rid of Beck ages ago if his performance is totally to blame.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
[quote author=nwonash link=board=2;threadid=2170;start=0#msg20640 date=1

Second - Cant agree with you more, its a great site.

Thirdly - I wish people accept that fact that Danny Frawley will coach the team for at least one more year. Everyone can say what they want, but isnt not going the change the fact..
Yeah, I'm cheesed off as much as you all about Richmond, however, look at the playing list for not only the last 4 years, but take a look at it for the past 20 years. Our recruiting has been pathetic.

Forthly - Sacking the coach will be an expensive exercise and money is hard to find.

Fifthly - sack Frawley and tell me which coach will accept the position of coaching Richmond, knowing that in due time, they'll also get the boot. Just look when Gesh resigned / sacked, how many people wanted the position.

I support Danny, but I dont totally agree on somethings he does. Yeah, he does do some silly things and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

In my option, if they are going to replace a coach, do it once their contract is up. That way it doesnt cost the club financially.

Everyone has their opinion and thoughts, mine is that Richmonds lack of success if due to poor management and recruiting. Greg Beck has alot to answer for, he must either not go or goes to the wrong games when watching so called talent.

Be honest, if we were to field our best 22, we'd be very competitive wouldnt we ? once we get a few injuries, we are stuffed, we dont have the back up players.

Lets see what these changes Greg Miller is claiming he will make at the end of the season. At the end of the season, lets see what happens to Danny Frawley.

[/quote)
Don't you think not winning games is loosing members and sponsers.
The end of the season was since round 12,so most of the players think.
The best 22 we have. Have been on the ground for the last 5 weeks maybe minus Cambo.
If you wait for a coach to finnish their contract.you mite not have any surporters ,sponsers, and players coming to the club , but a lot of players leaving.
One thing I do agree with is Beck has a lot to answer for but who too?
Duddy and Beck must be SACKED now for our season is well over.
Bommer thompson was offered the job as coach and he went to Geelong to rebuild them I wonder why?was it our recruiting?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
zacs56 said:
Don't you think not winning games is loosing members and sponsers.

Tell me one sponsor we have lost in the last 13 weeks?

In actual fact we have picked up new sponsor for next season. Some of these deal have been done in the last 13 weeks.

I am not going to deny the impact our performanes are going to have on membership and crowds but please do not include sponsors. That is one thing this club is currently getting very very right.

Stay tuned for announcements. He silly Gerrard Healy mentioned on MOnday night on 3AW that we were about to announce an new sponsorship that will bring $1 million into the Club

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
To all the Frawley supporters, and we know who you are, stop telling people to get off his back. Sadly it does appear that he will be head clown again next year but it doesn't change the fact that we have an opinion on this Barry Crocker of a coach. we're not stupid enought to believe that a Wallace or other will turn the Tigers into a premiership side overnight but in OUR opinion Frawley couldn't lead a horse to water. We dont bag you for supporting him so back off on those who believe they have seen the light and it ain't coming from Dopey Danny's backside.

P

PuntRoadRoar

wow another "I hate Frawley" thread.....brings tears to my eyes...thats tears of joy if your wondering.

i think this topic could of made that magnificent thread "Frawley lovers i want a response" .... now that was a thread !!!

shame rosy locked it ........ *sigh*

ComedyCapers

I'm a llama!
Aug 13, 2003
Canberra
Through no fault of his own Danny can't cut it. Some people say the coach can't make a difference. I give you 3 examples of first time coaches in the last 2 years.
Connolly, Worsfold and Roos.
There are everything that Danny is not. Calm, articulate,
confidence building types. The 'P' word (Passion) is never articulated by them. They have plans and quietly go ahead implementing them. They have taken over from 3 ranting and raving coaches and look at the results. Coincidence? I think not.
Who should we get? Well as I said yesterday my long term coach would be the Glove as I believe he has that calmness or quiet passion that is needed. I would have him doing an apprenticeship next year. I f he is unwilling or unable I would go for GOD (Garry O'Donnell) as he seems to fall into the right category. I wouldn't touch Harvey with a bargepole as he seems from the Shaw, Spud background.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Has Garry O'Donnell recovered from the 1995 qualfying final yet when Scott Turner ran through him. It is a very very sore point in the O''Donnell household, I can assure you of that, He wouldnt want to come here and I dont think we would want him anyway