David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure there's a spot for Rance. Might have to do a Caddy and retrain for another spot.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
According to Robbo, there's a new adjective, 'Astburyed', as in Jeremy Finlayson was Astburyed yesterday.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great season from Davo. As for that article in The Age the other day, I want to know more about the 2018 PF stuff up last season especially as Davo said he's still unsure on what happened and how he ended up on the drip.

Inquest beckons......and I'll stare at something Scumwood did? A story to look into during summer.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I reckon he has elevated himself this year without Rance to another level.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Most teams would love to have a good solid reliable defender like Astbury in their team. He does his job week after week and is vital to our amazing back line.

So glad he plays for Richmond.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Not sure there's a spot for Rance. Might have to do a Caddy and retrain for another spot.

Ellis wing spot perhaps? Can a modern day Rancey do a latter day Richo? Marking down the line, floating back and sneaking forward.

Great luxury to have Brother Baloo.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Have read somewhere that his direct opponent (whoever that may be) did not have a possession on the weekend. Not sure that has ever been achieved before if true.

Highly underrated but very important member of a premiership side - doesn't get anywhere near the kudos he deserved.

A true Richmond man.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
That’s why he inherited Richo’s number - the mighty No 12.

They always knew he would be a player and a leader from his first breakout season.

Injuries slowed his development but he is a player - a dual premiership player

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Have read somewhere that his direct opponent (whoever that may be) did not have a possession on the weekend. Not sure that has ever been achieved before if true.

Highly underrated but very important member of a premiership side - doesn't get anywhere near the kudos he deserved.

A true Richmond man.

Yea, saw that stat mentioned. No matter who rotated onto Dave, they didn't get a single possession during that time. Freaking amazing.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Dave has slipped off the gf reviews a bit. I just thought I'd give him to bump, so he's not left out.
A quiet humble achiever who has a fierceness that belies his easy going demeanour.
Another understated season.You as well the whole backline took upon yourselves to step up. That you did.
Well played Dave. :cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Most teams would love to have a good solid reliable defender like Astbury in their team. He does his job week after week and is vital to our amazing back line.

So glad he plays for Richmond.

DS

Yep they would and we've got 5-6 of em in our side, oh how sweet it is.

Enjoy it while it lasts Tigers fans.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
According to Robbo, there's a new adjective, 'Astburyed', as in Jeremy Finlayson was Astburyed yesterday.
Wow, Blobbo has now gone up in my estimation, he therefore now sits as "lower than a black snake in a wagon wheel track"

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Wow, Blobbo has now gone up in my estimation, he therefore now sits as "lower than a black snake in a wagon wheel track"
As pop used to say, 'hes so low he could walk under a snakes guts with his umbrella up'

• Haha

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I have stated it before and it must not be underestimated. But how strong is David Astbury? No key forwards can out muscle him and he has regularly intimidated smaller opponents with physical strength. We don’t get physically bullied by the opposition as players like Astbury won’t cop it.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I have stated it before and it must not be underestimated. But how strong is David Astbury? No key forwards can out muscle him and he has regularly intimidated smaller opponents with physical strength. We don’t get physically bullied by the opposition as players like Astbury won’t cop it.
Also when matched against smaller opponents, he tends to either outmark or receive a free kick as his opponent hangs on

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Was it 2015 or 2016 when we were looking at off loading Dave to the Suns or Lions? How glad we are that didn't happen as since then he has gone from strength to strength at the best club in the land. Strong, reliable, good hands and reads the game well.

Reactions: 4 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I actually view Astbury as one of our greatest team weaknesses. We really don't have a monster killer other than him on the team. He takes the big guys. Grimes can play tall and small but he can't play big. Even Rance doesn't really like to play one out and big. Its a dilemma and he isn't getting any younger.

You can say this about so much of our team... we have a good game when Dave plays well. And he plays well so often.