David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Was it 2015 or 2016 when we were looking at off loading Dave to the Suns or Lions? How glad we are that didn't happen as since then he has gone from strength to strength at the best club in the land. Strong, reliable, good hands and reads the game well.
Think it was end of 2015, because I think it was Leppa who wanted him up there. Rumour was he failed a fitness test and that was why he didn’t go.

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Jeez I’ve been critical of Dave over the years. Would have some good games but I thought he could have some real stinkers as well. And I was extremely worried he would be exposed after Rance went down. But I am staggered at how well he stood up. Nothing flashy, but just really really solid all year. I’m once again wrong on my opinion of a Richmond player. Might just keep my stupid opinions to myself next time I’m critical of a player

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Well he certainly gave the giants tall forwards a good slapping of gf day. As he did the crows.

His biggest fail was the collingwood prelim fail when clearly the poor bloke should still have been in hospital.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Jeez I’ve been critical of Dave over the years. Would have some good games but I thought he could have some real stinkers as well. And I was extremely worried he would be exposed after Rance went down. But I am staggered at how well he stood up. Nothing flashy, but just really really solid all year. I’m once again wrong on my opinion of a Richmond player. Might just keep my stupid opinions to myself next time I’m critical of a player

I reckon with Rance going down it elevated his game to another level can't remember him having one bad game.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Bump...

7 months since Dave's thread popped up!

I thought he was absolutely fantastic against Collingwood along with most of our defenders.
He's like a piece of the furniture Dave which is why he doesn't get noticed too much but you sure notice when he isn't there!
Was rock soild & took some telling contested marks. He's become a damn fine player & looks set for another great season.

Reactions: 8 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Bump...

7 months since Dave's thread popped up!

I thought he was absolutely fantastic against Collingwood along with most of our defenders.
He's like a piece of the furniture Dave which is why he doesn't get noticed too much but you sure notice when he isn't there!
Was rock soild & took some telling contested marks. He's become a damn fine player & looks set for another great season.
And he’s the kind of bloke who likes being almost anonymous outside of his own team.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bugger

He has history of knee issues going all the way back to the year we drafted him.
Livingston is said he will be back running in a week.
I would be surprised if he is ready to play for at least for a month.

• Sad

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Damn. Looks like poor kid, Balta, will have to take Dixon. Hope it's only 2/3 weeks for Dave. We really need him for the serious end of season games.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We don't have many misses these days but I think this is one we'd like to do over. Quite surprising they didn't clean it up earlier.

You can't win em all I guess. Seemed like he was recovering really well, then had a setback, then finally the op... lucky Balts stepped up in the meantime.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Without Dave we're one tall short in defense. We've covered his absence but we'll need him come the pointy end.

SOS for DTLD.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Without Dave we're one tall short in defense. We've covered his absence but we'll need him come the pointy end.

SOS for DTLD.

Big rumour Stuart Wigney is back from his ankle injury back in 95 at the SCG.
Fully recovered

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
went alright Stewie

I was at the SCG that day.
We lost Richo to the worse pass in the history of the game by Chris Bond, Dunkley didn't help.
Then when Wigney did his ankle, it soured our win.
That win put us to the top of the ladder since 82.
That same day Dennis Commeti told me to F*off.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I was at the SCG that day.
We lost Richo to the worse pass in the history of the game by Chris Bond, Dunkley didn't help.
Then when Wigney did his ankle, it soured our win.
That win put us to the top of the ladder since 82.
That same day Dennis Commeti told me to F*off.

One hell of a year, the Richmond Curse got us in the end.

• Sad