David Hicks [Split from Saddam thread] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Hicks [Split from Saddam thread]

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
One word:

0,,5429889,00.jpg

Hey Pesto!

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 19, 2007
Re: Saddam sentenced to the old noose and drop

I'm not sure if the guilt or innocence of Hicks was really the issue that some of us were arguing, Liverpool.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne

Hey Pesto! said:
I'm not sure if the guilt or innocence of Hicks was really the issue that some of us were arguing, Liverpool.

So, you're all on the 'leave Hicks in Cuba now, for all we care' bandwagon now, seeing that he has plead guilty? ;)

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne

If the US can get one man to confess to 9/11, Bali, London bombings, and selling dope to BenCousins etc etc then I'm not surprised David Hicks has entered a guilty plea to get out of there after 5 years of nothing happening.

Think the "trial" was a request from a govt running scared and happy to have someone charged retrospectively. (Nice from a bunch of ex lawyers.)

Hey Pesto!

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 19, 2007

Liverpool said:
Hey Pesto! said:

So, you're all on the 'leave Hicks in Cuba now, for all we care' bandwagon now, seeing that he has plead guilty? ;)

There's no need to be so smarmy about it, Liverpool, you know what the objections to the whole Hicks' issue was. Don't worry, I won't be sharing your champagne with you.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004

Liverpool said:
Hey Pesto! said:

You are not that blind Liverpool - you must be baiting people.

If all you wanted was to get out of a place you had been held in for 5 years and you were told that if you plead not guilty you will have many many months possibly a year of trial time OR you could plead guilty get a reduced sentence and be home for Christmas - what would you do - even if you knew you were innocent of some of the charges laid.

This has an aroma around it of the US Government ensuring there are no legal comebacks for wrongful incarceration - which would have cost them millions - plus it enables the Howard Government to gloat that they finally got Hicks a trial and got him home before the election.

If you can't see this then you are not as smart as I read you to be.

We could go on for hours about how the original charges were dropped and new ones created etc. etc. etc. - but this has political expedience written all over it........

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat

if hicks was caught in the same situation in ww 2 he just would have been shot. and mores the pity they just didnt do it in this case as the civil libbers and lefty loons wouldnt be able to turn a traitorous mental case into a marytr :vomit i really wish the libbers/loons would put as much effort into something like water issues and the inaction by state and FEDERAL govermints on the matter.but then again when you have someone like hicks as your poster boy :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hey Pesto!

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 19, 2007

ssstone said:
if hicks was caught in the same situation in ww 2 he just would have been shot. and mores the pity they just didnt do it in this case as the civil libbers and lefty loons wouldnt be able to turn a traitorous mental case into a marytr :vomit i really wish the libbers/loons would put as much effort into something like water issues and the inaction by state and FEDERAL govermints on the matter.but then again when you have someone like hicks as your poster boy :rofl :rofl :rofl

that's just moronic, ssstone. have a bit of a deeper think about things before u go dribbling this crap.

Hey Pesto!

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 19, 2007

The really sick thing about this whole debate is that you and yr mates think you have won some sort of personal victory and that u can dance on Hicks' grave.

Why don't you realise that its not about Hicks, its not about America, its not about Howard; It's about fundamental human rights.

Its about Liverpool and its about SSStone, and me and Anduril and all the rest.

Its' about humanity you clowns.

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat

Hey Pesto! said:
The really sick thing about this whole debate is that you and yr mates think you have won some sort of personal victory and that u can dance on Hicks' grave.

Why don't you realise that its not about Hicks, its not about America, its not about Howard; It's about fundamental human rights.

Its about Liverpool and its about SSStone, and me and Anduril and all the rest.

Its' about humanity you clowns.
hey presto a post longer than a one sentence quip.... :clap go and preach humanity to the women that had to live under the regime that hicks was fighting for.its all about hicks and his morals/beliefs that the media seem to forget when it comes to a headline.and by the way hp it isnt a personal victory ..its just another knob who contributes nothing positive to the world he lives in whom i hope gets his just desserts :hihi HUMAN RIGHTS????? do you really want to open that can o worms up ?? i suggest presto you go and have a chat with a woman that had to live under taliban rule and see if you come home with a differant perspective on "human rights"

Hey Pesto!

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 19, 2007

The Taliban is a whole other issue, SSstone. I am no excuser of their regime.

Answer me this:

If you got arrested on a Saturday night for being drunk and disorderly, how long do you think you would remain in gaol before being charged? And how long would you then remain in gaol before being tried?

You probably wouldn't be there long.

And the reason is that we have basic rights under law. A presumption of innnocence before being proved guilty.

Or do you think i am being fanciful?

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat

long string on a short bow ... drunk an disorderly is a big differance from aiding and abetting a regime such as the taliban and consorting with the likes of osama bin laden.show me the basic rights david hicks and bin ladens religion and actions take into account ??? show me the basic rights the bali bombers showed to holiday makers ?? at least the poster boy for the MORONIC minortory has a chance to try an prove his innocence, 5 years is the least he could pay.i will put it this way hp,i cant stand steve bracks and his band of incompetent band of ex schoolteacher knobs that have wasted so many years of govermint with no vision for the future.if i was to shoot this W.A.F.T.A.M dead because i didnt agree with his ideals would i as a white australian male be championed by the loons/ libbers like hicks is or would i just be a murderer ?? if i did this deed and still pleaded guilty,would they still go into bat for me ??

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004

ssstone - hyperthetical - you and your redneck mates are having a drink in the local pub - enjoying the night - getting pissed and having fun - unbeknowns to you there is a table of middle eastern gentlemen drinking about 20 feet away from you.

Next thing the doors of the pub burst open and Federal Police and ASIO men brandishing guns rush into the bar - yelling for everybody to be face down on the floor - you hear shots fired - you *smile* your pants - the police grab you and your mates and take you to the lockup - you are accused of consorting with terrorists and schemeing with them whilst drinking in the pub.

You and your mates know you are innocent - your family knows - you local church elder/minister/priest knows - but the authorities decide that you have to answer to their accusations and hold you for 60 months (5 years) before taking you into a kangaroo court to face charges - all you want to do is get out - so you accept a plea bargin process - to start that process you have to plead guilty.

You have never had the evidence of what the authorities believe you have done put in front of you - all you want to do is go home to your family and watch the mighty Tigers play at the MCG.

All this because you were seen in a pub drinking where terrorists also drank - every Australian Citizen whether guilty or innocent deserve to respond to their accuser(s) - in a timely and decent manner. No matter where in the world that is - if you take that right away from us then we have become as bad as the regimes of the Taliban, Al Qaeda etc.

Enjoy your drink next time you're at your local - but make sure you look around for that table of middle eastern looking guys :hihi

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat

RemoteTiger said:
ssstone - hyperthetical - you and your redneck mates are having a drink in the local pub - enjoying the night - getting pissed and having fun - unbeknowns to you there is a table of middle eastern gentlemen drinking about 20 feet away from you.

Next thing the doors of the pub burst open and Federal Police and ASIO men brandishing guns rush into the bar - yelling for everybody to be face down on the floor - you hear shots fired - you *smile* your pants - the police grab you and your mates and take you to the lockup - you are accused of consorting with terrorists and schemeing with them whilst drinking in the pub.

You and your mates know you are innocent - your family knows - you local church elder/minister/priest knows - but the authorities decide that you have to answer to their accusations and hold you for 60 months (5 years) before taking you into a kangaroo court to face charges - all you want to do is get out - so you accept a plea bargin process - to start that process you have to plead guilty.

You have never had the evidence of what the authorities believe you have done put in front of you - all you want to do is go home to your family and watch the mighty Tigers play at the MCG.

All this because you were seen in a pub drinking where terrorists also drank - every Australian Citizen whether guilty or innocent deserve to respond to their accuser(s) - in a timely and decent manner. No matter where in the world that is - if you take that right away from us then we have become as bad as the regimes of the Taliban, Al Qaeda etc.

Enjoy your drink next time you're at your local - but make sure you look around for that table of middle eastern looking guys :hihi
hypothetical?? what a fairytale ..however im pretty sure you have just described a scenerio that was probably played out many times over under the regime that d hicks was fighting for.and no you are wrong rt if it was australian command that picked up the golden haired poster boy yes he should of been tried in oz ..but he wasnt and tuff *smile* tiities and me and my REDNECK mates couldnt give a *smile*. its too late now to play the "but im australian card "

Hey Pesto!

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 19, 2007

ss, mate, you're a lost cause. Good luck with it all. Don't make any foolish mistakes.

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat

Hey Pesto! said:
ss, mate, you're a lost cause. Good luck with it all. Don't make any foolish mistakes.
hp didnt realise i was a cause. :rofl :rofl

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne

Anduril said:
If the US can get one man to confess to 9/11, Bali, London bombings, and selling dope to BenCousins etc etc then I'm not surprised David Hicks has entered a guilty plea to get out of there after 5 years of nothing happening.

Think the "trial" was a request from a govt running scared and happy to have someone charged retrospectively. (Nice from a bunch of ex lawyers.)

RemoteTiger said:
You are not that blind Liverpool - you must be baiting people.
If all you wanted was to get out of a place you had been held in for 5 years and you were told that if you plead not guilty you will have many many months possibly a year of trial time OR you could plead guilty get a reduced sentence and be home for Christmas - what would you do - even if you knew you were innocent of some of the charges laid.
This has an aroma around it of the US Government ensuring there are no legal comebacks for wrongful incarceration - which would have cost them millions - plus it enables the Howard Government to gloat that they finally got Hicks a trial and got him home before the election.
If you can't see this then you are not as smart as I read you to be.
We could go on for hours about how the original charges were dropped and new ones created etc. etc. etc. - but this has political expedience written all over it........

So let me get this straight......firstly, everyone is up in arms about poor Hicksy being "kidnapped" off the street while taking happy snaps in sunny Afghanistan, by the big bad Yanks......."what has he done?" everyone cries.

Then poor Hicksy is left sitting in a cell in Cuba, tortured and beaten by the big bad Yanks, while our Government do nothing to help and assist poor Hicksy, who, let me remind everyone, was only in Afghanistan on a holiday to get away from his wife and kids, who he abandoned left behind......"when is poor Hicks going to be tried? He is innocent until proven guilty! The Yanks are fabricating evidence, poor Hicksy didn't do anything wrong!"...everyone cries.

Now, he has plead guilty for his crimes, as the terrorist/mercenary that he has always been....and STILL...people are bleating..."He only took the plea to get out of Cuba".

Please people, people, people.....take your heads out of the sand and admit it:

Hicks is a trained terrorist, and he deserves all he gets!.

He was in Afghanistan training as a terrorist, hence why he was caught in such a God forsaken hellhole.
He has a history of being a mercenary.
He plead guilty because he knows he did it.
He deserves the full punishment now.

[size=10pt]If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....then it's a duck.....and Hicksy quacked loud today[/size].

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne

Hey Pesto! said:
Liverpool, you are beneath contempt.

A pic of "Hicksy the Duck"....happy snapping in Afghanistan.... :hihi

dwag.jpg

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

All parties have most likely contended that 5 years is about right.