David King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David King

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Meant to post this earlier in the week - did anyone else notice that this intensely annoying player seemed to 'tackle' with the express purpose of badly hurting them with his knees?

I recall him caving in some poor bugger's face in the '96 GF, and thinking that it was just an accident, but after seeing his attacks on Chaffey and a couple of others during Friday night's game, I'm sure his first intention is to injure opposition players. One for the umps to look out for...

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Yes he likes to go in with the knees, he's a dirty prick.

I found this article on another unofficial Richmond website that referred to this in an amusing way. Enjoy!
>
>
In one of the most radical proposals in recent years, Richmond will meet with former coach and AFL umpires director Jeff Geischen and league chief Wayne Jackson to seek permission to trial what the Tigers have dubbed ‘the echidna vest’.

The vest was designed by prominent supporter and cricket-padding manufacturer Angus Wassal. According to club insiders the echidna vest is intended to counter the carte blanche given to North Melbourne veteran David King by umpires to slide into a pack late and drive both knees into the backs of defenceless Richmond players.

In what is seen by some as logical equipment progression from helmets and gloves, the controversial new vest features a flexible rubber pad with thirty-six 5cm titanium spikes concealed under the back of the regular Club guernsey. The spikes are sharpened to a razor-sharp point designed to penetrate the kneecaps of players who adopt King’s style of play.

Late night kebab and hamburger vendors in the North and West Melbourne areas are also interested in a modified version on the echidna vest, one that covers most body parts, to counter King's food purchasing style.

Richmond and the AFL were unavailable for comment, but it is believed the vest will only be worn against North Melbourne if King plays on into season 2004, and Port Adelaide.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Lol - spot on Boss! Thanks for that;D

David King has long headed my list of dirtiest and most loathed players.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
yep he is up there with snipers like Neville Bruns Garry Hocking D Rhys-Jones Leigh Matthews Jose Romero Libba Roger Merret all guilty of many dog acts in their careers.... kneeing scratching eye gouging.... and that was just the things that they got suspended for....

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Never Liked the guy!! He is a dirty Pr1ck!! Always goes for the cheap shot and even cleans up his own players in the process! Looks kind of inbred too! Yep, this Guy's family tree is without doubt as STRAIGHT LINE! ;D

Hmmmm I think he might be in my next Tiga parody ;D

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
You have to wonder if King would've been reported if Colbert was a Richmond player ???

Another one to watch is Camporeale - doesnt mind sticking his elbows into opposition players when the umpires arent looking - very sneaky.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hmmmmmm am I the only David King fan here?
He's a dirty mongrel for sure, but he doesn't get suspended so it must be within the rules to a degree.
What would people think if he was a Tiger?
I admire his loyalty to his team mates through the years.
His passion and love for his club.
Greg Stafford commented a couple of weeks ago how poor it was that no Tigers at all shepherded or did the small things for their team mates.
That wouldn't happen if we had even half of David Kings attributes.
He's a real team leader.
If I was picking a best of side from the league David King in his hey day would get a guernsey for sure.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
rosy3 said:
Hmmmmmm am I the only David King fan here?
He's a dirty mongrel for sure, but he doesn't get suspended so it must be within the rules to a degree.
What would people think if he was a Tiger?
I admire his loyalty to his team mates through the years.
His passion and love for his club.
Greg Stafford commented a couple of weeks ago how poor it was that no Tigers at all shepherded or did the small things for their team mates.
That wouldn't happen if we had even half of David Kings attributes.
He's a real team leader.
If I was picking a best of side from the league David King in his hey day would get a guernsey for sure.
If we had a few of these type at RFC we mite win a game or even the last 3 ;D ;D