Defence 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Defence 2022

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We were the best 6 in the comp by a country mile.
With Houi & Astbury retiring and Grimes looking closer to the finish, the 2022 back 6 is very flaky.
If something will end our finals campaign early its our defence.
Tarrant, warrior does well against Slower fatter forwards like Hawkins
Broad great defender but flakes with the ball, has he taken a intercept mark this year?
BigV we would be fked with him but I've lost count how many times he has been out marked 1 on 1 this year.
Gibcus, wonderful young kid who will grow and control that back 6 for 10 years.
Balta, he is a defender athletic and can take a mark.
Short. Would keep him away from playing on a Cameron or Bailey
Rioli, what can you say? Fantastic season. Run and carry at 120kpm .

If they can put together a tight/formidable 4 weeks it could possibly take us all the way again.

P.s and this is all dependent on who is umpiring.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
We need our Mids to hold up their end of the deal, as long we at least half the clearances i am confident of winning majority of games.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Simply need our mids to force more dirty ball coming out of centre bounces. Defences get slaughtered by uncontested high speed precision ball coming in.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Scores are higher this year, every defence is leaking more.

I still think our defence holds up. The first quarter yesterday was very good. Despite not winning against Freo we held off multiple attacks right at the end (I was down that end at Chernobyl that night) and were preventing any scoring.

Our defence can stand up and we have improved clearances come finals in previous years.

If we can get more competitive in the middle our defence can hold.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Get with the times, it's all about attack. Defence is what separates deplayers from decrowd.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
As everyone is saying, there is no back 6 in the comp that can hold up against constant un-pressured centre bounce clearances. We kept the lions to 3 goals in a half who are the 2nd highest scoring team only a few weeks ago so we are fine

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I think that’s the pay off.
You wanna kick more goals, likely means you’re going to give a few away in turn overs.
If you’re defensive, you’ll be stopping a lot of goals but also not creating as much attacking opportunities

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Got to balance it between attack and defence for me I think Dimma would be thinking this to come finals.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We have been horrible without the ball Thai year. Plus the once tight knit group of defenders have looked all at sea at times this year. Perfect example the comedy capers leading up to the Daniher goal.

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
I said it on another thread, the stand rule has broken our defensive system. Either we copy Melbourne's, Sydney's Geelong's or Port's defensive system or the AFL gets rid of the stand rule and we don't change anything