Do we know how to play running attacking footy? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Do we know how to play running attacking footy?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
JohnF said:
We've started going down hill since we've taken Kayne Pettifer out of the side. Ok, he is useless as a footy player, but how about as a good luck charm?

And to think Kayne kicked 4 goals last time against the Blues.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Agree

Definately time to get Kayne Pettifer back into the senior lineup. He can provide another target up forward.

He deserves his oppurtunity, c'mon Kayne, show us what you've got.

GO KAYNE

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
shawry said:
Must have devastated you to see Rogers get 20 decent touches last week. Admittedly Harvey got plenty too but i wouldnt say Harvey was damaging.

Harvey was best on ground and will poll 3 brownlow votes for the game on Friday night. A sure way of polling brownlow votes - have Rogers tag you ;D.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
How can anyone with a sound mind defend Rodgers. Probably the biggest passenger in the history of the richmond football club. A complete and utter dud, who should be captain coaching a suburban side.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
How can anyone with a sound mind defend Rodgers. Probably the biggest passenger in the history of the richmond football club. A complete and utter dud, who should be captain coaching a suburban side.
why?simple he wears the yellow and black. pretty simple hey.i know this concept seems strange to you.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
I am all for refreshing the list, just wait for end of season and I'll be as Vitriolic as any of the negative posters how ever. Right now the team needs support. Lets give it to them.

I have barracked for this team for the last 34 years. Held a membership through the Horrible 1980's. In comparison to how we played then this team is pure brilliance. I can wait, I can see improvement.

I also dont want a medicore team but until we get past the massive contracts that were signed up in the before last year we can get rid of these guys. If at the start of next year some of the players you list are still there I would be surprised. With the way the salary cap is based you cant sack someone without that money being applied to the salary cap till the end of the contract. Richmond does not have that much room on the salary cap.This means there are players on this list who the coaching staff and football department know shouldn't be there.

Hopefully Greg Miller will have enough balls to take it back to the player managers and not let them push the tigers around. We need performance based contracts (like richo) not lump sum payments (like Gaspers). We also need a full list. The last two years (at least) we haven't had a full pool to draw from. Players should be on one year, performance based contracts that means you then have the ability to get rid of the 'duds' when you have to rather than wsait out a contract or use them as trade bait, can anyone say Nick Daffy. He was the prime example of what a long term contract can do against you. We wanted to get rid of him but couldn't sack him. So we tried to trade him, no takers for two years. Whe we did finally offload him we had to agree to pay his salary for another two years after he left. Which by the way is included in this years salary cap. These contract decissions are not entirly the caching departments fault. More the fault of the football managers at the club. They were scared to fight this out with the players and their managers. Let a few go, use the picks we have dont agree to dumb long term deals or pay for a player at another club.

The one thing I am is an optermist, its much more fun than getting upset over something I cant change. Yes I were upset over the loss to the swans, disappointed about last week but I cant change it. So until seasons end I'll back Danny, Richo and anyone else you name to the hilt and hope we can scrap in to the finals. Once we cant make it mathematically I may even enter the debates on whom we can get for whom, till then though I'll wera a yellow and black heart on my sleave, go to all the matches I can.

So get on baord/ behind the tigers and to quote Mal B watch out for the ride of a lifetime. There are no quick fixes in this game. Sacking Danny wont get us over the line. Crowd support might.

Lets Roar

Khan