Does Danny still have the players support? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Does Danny still have the players support?

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
After speaking with a person who would know as she is very close to a few of the players including one key player, she said that the players think Danny has lost it, he changes his message constantly, won't listen to input from the playing group and has no idea when it comes to setting up the forward line, to the point where the players are almost in a free for all trying to get a kick and snag a goal.

Another great fault from inside the playing group appears to be his fixation with the older players and almost ignoring the younger players and their development. His love affair with Rogers hasn't gone unnoticed with people inside the playing group.

In short, quite a few are hoping for a change of coach as the place is flat, is lacking ideas from the coaching staff and is doesn't appear to be heading anywhere.

BTW, the group knows the list will be ripped apart..

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
It's simple, he is clown, who has no coaching ability, he comes from a losing culture, doesnt have any tactical ideas for the modern game, and has no clue about developing young talent.

SACK HIM NOW, BEFORE WE LOSE OUR CLUB

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
I must say that is surprising to hear, the fact that the players dont respect him. But now that you meation it, it is pretty obvious I think! As a supporter, I lost my respect for him, after the Matthew Knights issue. I thought that the way Matthew Knights was treated was unfair especially seeing he was, and always will be a champion of the club.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Can't disagree with any of the thoughts on Mr. Potatohead. He certainly should be replaced at the end of the season, preferably by Wallace, but that alone won't solve the problems of this once great, but now lamentable, club.

I find it ironic that some of the players have allegedly voiced these concerns. Probably some of the same players who have had 4 coaches at the club and are still pathetic and inept. Malthouse, Pagan or Matthews wouldn't get much more out of these players because they are screaming duds. At least half of the list fit into this category.

The club needs an enema. Yes the coach must go as he has fallen on his sword by building this pathetic list (every player has either come to the club or been through a contract negotiation under the Potato's reign). But a swathe must also be cut through the playing list if we are to improve at all.

Both of these events must take place, not just one or the other or else it'll be the same old story for another 20 years.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I agree. Mr Potatohead AND the guts of the playing list have to go.

Ok, not all players can go in the first year - it might take two - but we've got to find a better coach as well.

What's the point of revamping the playing list if we've got the same inept dud coaching them ??

And as for that hot air balloon Harry M. Miller thinking a maximum of 6-7 players can be moved each year, then how on earth did Malthouse get rid of 22 in 2 years at Scumwood ??? There are serious question marks over Harry M.

It's simple: get rid of Frawley. The justification is there. Then spend the next 2 years re-vamping the list under Wallace.

Richmond: always failing to do what is the obvious to everyone else.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
After speaking with a person who would know as she is very close to a few of the players including one key player, she said that the players think Danny has lost it, he changes his message constantly, won't listen to input from the playing group and has no idea when it comes to setting up the forward line, to the point where the players are almost in a free for all trying to get a kick and snag a goal.

Another great fault from inside the playing group appears to be his fixation with the older players and almost ignoring the younger players and their development. His love affair with Rogers hasn't gone unnoticed with people inside the playing group.

In short, quite a few are hoping for a change of coach as the place is flat, is lacking ideas from the coaching staff and is doesn't appear to be heading anywhere.

BTW, the group knows the list will be ripped apart..

You don't have to be from inside the club to notice all this. As for Deep throat - well, need I say more ;D

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
The fact that so many young Richmond players have failed to progress this year is proof in my opinion that their is no confidence in Frawley. The result we have now is no confidence in the playing group.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Rampaging Richo said:
the players think Danny has lost it, he changes his message constantly, won't listen to input from the playing group and has no idea when it comes to setting up the forward line, to the point where the players are almost in a free for all trying to get a kick and snag a goal.

No offence here RR, but you wouldn't have to sherlock HOLMES to work this one out. Just look at our points for, for the year hey.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
His love affair with Rogers hasn't gone unnoticed with people inside the playing group.

Surely we can't seperate these 2 lovebirds. I say we send them on a romantic weekend to palestine. ;D

Then in about 18 years time we can recruit their love child under the father and son rule. "2021 national draft - Pick 32 Richmond - under the father-son rule - Kane Rogers-Frawely" ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I just can't help but feel that this is very close to the mark and that would explain our insipid onfield performances.

How the hell else to you explain the performance of a bunch of so called AFL footballers who have just been told they are playing for their careers and come out and play like that.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:

RR, exactly the same thing happened last year.

We went on a 9 game losing streak and the place seemed "flat". As Garry Lyon pointed out last season, even if you have to manufacture some sort of energy, or as he described it; "rah rah", to get things moving, then why not?

If our players had enough spirit amongst them, you could expect to at least have won a game or more from the past 8. Sadly, apart from a few notable exceptions, the lack of spirit amongst our playing group is 'disappointing'. (Just love that word). It's one I've become very familiar with. :p

The lack of input from those around Danny, to me, is of some concern.

It seems that Danny can't get himself out of this rut and no one else can help him either.

Where's the significant input and support from others?