Does Tim Taranto 2023 have the talent to play #1 mid in a premiership team? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Does Tim Taranto 2023 have the talent to play #1 mid in a premiership team?

Does Tim Taranto 2023 have the talent to play #1 mid in a premiership team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he's kicked a couple of goals too which is something he's doing pretty regularly now.

Reactions: 1 user
Finishing up Taranto watch, very different game from him.

More handballs than kicks, and only 2 turnovers from 35 touches. 71% efficiency.

Only gained 228 metres, 6.3 metres gained per possession, season average is 13.5.

Summed up in last quarter when he had the ball at half back and took the sideways chip with zero risk rather than trying to progress.

Essentially he didn't detract from all the good stuff he does by mixing in bad stuff tonight. He hasn't done that very often in his career and I'm not confident 25 year olds change their habits but certainly a side we haven't seen and an upside I had underestimated.

Reactions: 2 users
if only he tidied his disposal up a bit and we had won more games he would be Brownlow favourite. Well maybe second behind daicos.

Finishing up Taranto watch, very different game from him.

More handballs than kicks, and only 2 turnovers from 35 touches. 71% efficiency.

Only gained 228 metres, 6.3 metres gained per possession, season average is 13.5.

Summed up in last quarter when he had the ball at half back and took the sideways chip with zero risk rather than trying to progress.

Essentially he didn't detract from all the good stuff he does by mixing in bad stuff tonight. He hasn't done that very often in his career and I'm not confident 25 year olds change their habits but certainly a side we haven't seen and an upside I had underestimated.
I am completely lost as to why you spend so much time focussing on Taranto as if he is an issue. Unusual.

Reactions: 8 users
Third thread for the day where I've had to delete personal attacks.

If you disagree with something that's said. Disagree with the opinion - stop getting personal.

Reactions: 6 users
I'll say yes because there's 46 competing players per match and therefore a small difference in talent for any 1 of those players is never going to be a strict limiting factor when it comes to winning premierships. But I can understand the argument considering he's not definitively better than our 3rd or 4th best midfielders from our premiership years.

People have short memories

He has won a Best and fairest in grand final team, and finshed second to the goat in the 2019 AFLCA as the player of the finals

Taranto is plenty good enough
Yep. Exactly why the answer to this question is yes.

As has been mentioned, only issue with recruiting Timmy is that it was 1 yr too late.

Possibly at the cost of a flag in 2022!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes definitely. I think we're only now starting to see what a high level he sets in every game. He's Cotch's replacement but kicks lots of goals. Rarely, if ever plays a bad game. He does everything we recruited him for and more.

Anyway, TT doesn't need to be our No1 mid...our No1 mid is already Shai Bolton.

Close thread.

Reactions: 2 users
Because it's an interesting topic and important for the future prospects of the team. And this is a forum to discuss footy.

yeah.. i mean your take is slightly controversial but that's fine. We've had some good discussion of the great man's strengths and weaknesses.

Still recruit of the year but

Reactions: 1 users
Third thread for the day where I've had to delete personal attacks.

If you disagree with something that's said. Disagree with the opinion - stop getting personal.
I have said it elsewhere that this site is to exchange opinions on the game, strategy and players. Sure we often disagree and a debate may start which to me is part and parcel of being a supporter and using a forum. I have had a few on here and it was discussed openly and fortunately friendly while we may disagree to disagree. I think most of us are aware of those posters who seem to be antagonistic so we avoid them like the plague and just enjoy the others

• Love