doolz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

doolz

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
okay, i posted on the ASL thread, but i decided to take up rosy's advice to start another thread.

im doolz, im a 19 year old male who lives in coburg. i am of maltese/irish decent.
i currently work for the starlight children's foundation as captain starlight and am based at the royal children's hospital here in vic. i also work as a facilitator for the youth organisation Reach, which is head up by jim stynes. i play footy for therry penola in the VAFA, and am a black belt in goju ryu karate. i dabbled in a bit of comedy/acting/modelling but have decided that TV presenting is what i want to do.

but above all, it is my goal in life to make sideburns kool again!!!

any questions?

Would love to know a bit about the Reach Foundation if you ever have a spare few minutes Doolz.

Have you had any presenting experience yet?

Glad to know you a bit better Doolz. Talk about an interesting career path. Mine's feeling duller by the minute. Good luck with your tv aspirations.

am a black belt in goju ryu karate.

You must have started young to have achieved your black belt already. I had to give it up many years ago after a torn shoulder whilst training, leaving the job I was in and starting my own business. All this meant I did not have the Tuesday nights and Saturdays available to me. Never got to black belt either, but enjoyed the learning process and the hopefully inner strength, martial arts provides. Are you going to go on and become a 5th. Dan or what??

Doolz85 said:
i currently work for the starlight children's foundation as captain starlight and am based at the royal children's hospital here in vic. i also work as a facilitator for the youth organisation Reach, which is head up by jim stynes. 

You get my vote Doolz :clap

graystar, i did karate for only 3 1/2 years, i think i broke the record in my organisation at the time for quickest to get that ranking. i went back to it in october and my sensei decided to keep me as a black belt rather than make me start at a lower ranking. i dunno if ill go for my dans, im hoping to get to the nationals this year or next though

rosy23 said:
Would love to know a bit about the Reach Foundation if you ever have a spare few minutes Doolz.

Have you had any presenting experience yet?

what would you like to know?

ive done a few tv things here and there. most of the stuff ive done is to a live audience though...

I won't be so lazy and will look it up on the net Doolz. I've heard Jim speak about it and of course with Tricia but it's not until I read your post that I realised I didn't know anything about what the Reach Foundation does. :-[

there is a VERY BAD picture of me on the website, i look like a drunk mental dropkick.

still, if u have any questions then ask, the website is a bit wishy washy

Hi Doolz, just looked at the starlight site, really respect anyone that can help other ppls kids, just my 3 keeps me occupied.

I did Jeet Kune Do as a late starter, but I did learn a lot about myself, respect etc. The kids go to Kyokoshin with Eddie Emin whenever possible, Gabi is a blue belt, hopefully they will all find time to become black belts.

See you around

hay tigerclan, kyokoshin is quite a good style, its a very practical type of martial arts. it'll really benefit your kids.

Their teacher is the Australian founder, I think he's in his 70s but still fighting fit, great with the kids

i wouldnt want to fight a sensei or shihan if they were in their 90's. i always have found the older teachers better, they dont have that macho crap in their teachings

Gabi is the only kid in her class to show Shihan Eddie respect all the time, she always bows entering and leaving, and always thanks him for the lessons, I can see he appreciates this and gives her quality time in teaching. And yes I would avoid fighting him at all costs.

its good to hear that gabi is showing that respect, a lot of schools don't teach that respect. even something as simple as a bow can add to the learning

i was asked by curtis e bear about my tv aspirations.

the reason that ill probably be leaving starlight is so i can focus on my dream of being a tv presenter. a friend of mine who hosts on the 9 network is helping us out(its me and a mate) and giving us pointers in the right direction. what we're going to be doing this year is make ourselves the best presenters that we possibly can be, while filming a showreel that will display our abilities. i already have a fair bit of performing experience of different varieties as does my partner in crime.

to be the best presenters we trying to do as many courses as we can. we also both work together at reach so we're able to do a lot of presenting to live audiences, mostly teenagers. i also do a fair bit of corporate presentations.
we're aiming at having all of this done in the next 12 -18 months so we can get our foot in the door, then we'll hopefully get our own concpet which we're developing at the moment on air.

any questions?

Doolz85 said:
okay, i posted on the ASL thread, but i decided to take up rosy's advice to start another thread.

im doolz, im a 19 year old male who lives in coburg. i am of maltese/irish decent.
i currently work for the starlight children's foundation as captain starlight and am based at the royal children's hospital here in vic. i also work as a facilitator for the youth organisation Reach, which is head up by jim stynes. i play footy for therry penola in the VAFA, and am a black belt in goju ryu karate. i dabbled in a bit of comedy/acting/modelling but have decided that TV presenting is what i want to do.

but above all, it is my goal in life to make sideburns kool again!!!

any questions?

Make sideburns cool again, brother!!! Your avatar gets the nod of approval from me also :clap

As for the presenting, I wish you heaps of luck with that.. just as long as you don't turn out like Kerry-Anne.

good work otis, i've read some of your posts and you're pretty much on the money with what u say. but nothing compares to the sideburn comment.

if i ever turn out like kerri-anne kennel dog, then shoot me.

any questions?