Draft Prediction - Pick 7 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft Prediction - Pick 7

Who is the player that you both think will be available AND that you want with our first draft pick.

• Ward

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Rachele

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Gibcus

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Andrew

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Hobbs

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • Johnson

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Erasmus

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Amiss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Interesting idea. If we are keen on Hobbs ,(and Hawks take Ward) we could play the WA teams off against each other. Johnson Amiss and Erasmus.

Saints unlikely to take an inside mid and choose Gibcus, so we get our man and get a future pick. I like it.
We could go into next year with three 2nd rounders

I don't think we need to even play them off tigerdell. They are going to do that themselves, especially if the Hawks take Johnson which a number of posters on here think is likely and the mail on the WA teams wanting home grown talent in this draft is correct. It then leaves only Amiss and Erasmus on the board, and that is where the fun begins.

I understand that Freo has Amiss firmly in its sights at 6. One of the key reasons apparently is that they believe the Tigers will take him if he is there at 7. I actually think this is quite likely. The loss of CCJ and Chol, and Jack's age, translates to a healthy interest in a young KPF is the right one is available at any of our picks. And Amiss' stocks have risen late in the season. He is a beautiful kick for goal by all accounts.

A few weeks ago I posted somewhere on here that I'd heard the Eagles were working on a pre arranged draft day trade to get the Tigers pick 7. Of course, it was subject to who was available at that pick. Not sure if an agreement was reached, but the Eagles were apparently very keen to ensure that they could jump ahead of Freo's second pick (No.8) if needed. I understand their target was either Johnson or Erasmus.

This bit is supposition, but if Johnson is gone, and the Dockers do take Amiss, pick 7 could become quite valuable to any team wanting Erasmus. I don't think the Tigers rate him that highly, but if the WA teams do, come in spinner.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'd like Johnson but I reckon he'll be gone so chose Hobbs.

Would be a good outcome either way, here's hoping.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I don't think we need to even play them off tigerdell. They are going to do that themselves, especially if the Hawks take Johnson which a number of posters on here think is likely and the mail on the WA teams wanting home grown talent in this draft is correct. It then leaves only Amiss and Erasmus on the board, and that is where the fun begins.

I understand that Freo has Amiss firmly in its sights at 6. One of the key reasons apparently is that they believe the Tigers will take him if he is there at 7. I actually think this is quite likely. The loss of CCJ and Chol, and Jack's age, translates to a healthy interest in a young KPF is the right one is available at any of our picks. And Amiss' stocks have risen late in the season. He is a beautiful kick for goal by all accounts.

A few weeks ago I posted somewhere on here that I'd heard the Eagles were working on a pre arranged draft day trade to get the Tigers pick 7. Of course, it was subject to who was available at that pick. Not sure if an agreement was reached, but the Eagles were apparently very keen to ensure that they could jump ahead of Freo's second pick (No.8) if needed. I understand their target was either Johnson or Erasmus.

This bit is supposition, but if Johnson is gone, and the Dockers do take Amiss, pick 7 could become quite valuable to any team wanting Erasmus. I don't think the Tigers rate him that highly, but if the WA teams do, come in spinner.
Got me thinking, going from pick 7 to pick 10 isn't a catastrophic drop but West Coast only have pick 29 as meaningful currency. I don't think we need that selection. On the other hand, we definitely want pick 19, so maybe we can threaten to trade with West Coast and bluff our way into a situation where we trade pick 9 for pick 10 and then demand pick 19 for pick 26 & 27. I think that may actually suit all parties and guarantees us Butler or Howes.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
1.Rachele
2.Johnson
3.Gibcus
4.Ward
5.Hobbs

I voted for Gibcus as i think the 1st 2 Rachele & Johnson will be gone by our selection
Clearly Callaghan will be gone unless we can get a deal done with GC if GWS take Andrew/Gibcus

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Got me thinking, going from pick 7 to pick 10 isn't a catastrophic drop but West Coast only have pick 29 as meaningful currency. I don't think we need that selection. On the other hand, we definitely want pick 19, so maybe we can threaten to trade with West Coast and bluff our way into a situation where we trade pick 9 for pick 10 and then demand pick 19 for pick 26 & 27. I think that may actually suit all parties and guarantees us Butler or Howes.
Why cant we swap F1 picks , Im thinking Eagles will be heading south

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Why cant we swap F1 picks , Im thinking Eagles will be heading south
That could be a lose/lose trade, not overly keen. I don't mind taking 29 off their hands if we can on-trade that to move closer to the top 20. Think you would need an additional party.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
That could be a lose/lose trade, not overly keen. I don't mind taking 29 off their hands if we can on-trade that to move closer to the top 20. Think you would need an additional party.
Eagles wont be getting rid of 29 for 3 spot upgrade #35 r F2 at best imo
But F2 would be appealing.

I would be on the phone quickly to Brisbane/Essondon /StKilda with pick #28+F2 (richmond)+F2 Eagles for their 2021 1st rounder

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Yes, I think I prefer the more rounded mid, Ward has a far superior outside game & I generally think you need that to justify such a high pick. Some interesting comparisons being made, Dan Hannebery just got a mention. He's a bit like Marc Murphy for mine, I think Hanners lacks polish at times whereas Ward is more clinical, even if that usually entails 30 metre kicks. His tank is exceptional and he has demonstrated a run and carry game. Overall a good package and a solid pick to get things started.
Thoughts on the Zac Merrett comparisons? Must say Ward's 20 metre sprint result was surprisingly slow, which I think has lowered his currency

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Thoughts on the Zac Merrett comparisons? Must say Ward's 20 metre sprint result was surprisingly slow, which I think has lowered his currency
A bit slow but I think he's hardworking enough to overcome this, his tank is elite so there shouldn't be too many issues. A little bit of Merrett although I think Daicos is closer to that description. There may be comparisons with his hurt factor, maybe that's why the Hawks are more interested in Johnson, but much like Merrett & Murphy he racks up the ball at will and is generally clean & efficient.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I’d guess WC would offer their F2 but I’d push for NM F2 for WC F1.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Didn't we not rate Heppel? And we took Conca instead.
We should be the last club dismissing kids talents at drafts.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Put your house on it Emarus will be the Norwich rising star.
I hate when i hear 'we don't rate this kid'.
Did we rate lennon? Ellis? Higgins? Naish?
God help us, when we start rating kids.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Put your house on it Emarus will be the Norwich rising star.
I hate when i hear 'we don't rate this kid'.
Did we rate lennon? Ellis? Higgins? Naish?
God help us, when we start rating kids.

I meant he isn’t rated as high as pick 7 by Richmond.

Erasmus is almost certainly on the board at pick 7, but we have not been linked to him by the media or anyone else.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I meant he isn’t rated as high as pick 7 by Richmond.

Erasmus is almost certainly on the board at pick 7, but we have not been linked to him by the media or anyone else.
No hassles Steaky
Its not you. Its the other stuff ive read. Van Hoogenband is Harry Talyor part 2. More a defender that can go forward and have impact.
He has to be exactly we need.
but all comments on here and other platforms, it seems we aren't interested.
This could be another Cj over Allen or Griffens over Carlisle

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Johnson/Hobbs and Van Hooganband
Would be the best quinella for us.
2 WA kids or 1 Vic country tough nut and Van Hooganband .
Perfect result

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
CCJ Chol Garthwaite Biggy Astbury out

Grimes Tarrant in their 30s

If Gibcus is there we will call his name out, then JVR then probably Williams or Bazzo as well

Can't see how this won't happen to be honest

Reactions: 1 users