DreamTime side vs Esserdern | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DreamTime side vs Esserdern

Cannot fault the effort but not sure what sort of pre season training went on. Looked gassed at 3 qtr time and that was mostly the senior players

Reactions: 1 user
Brown copping flack for being a little soft and he was in some contests but sheesh the kid is elite with ball in hand. He has elite disposal and decision making. Possibly the best disposal at the club atm.

Cannot fault the effort but not sure what sort of pre season training went on. Looked gassed at 3 qtr time and that was mostly the senior players
They worked incredibly hard to lock down Essendon’s ball movement.
At the ground you could see the amount of running some of the players were doing and were pretty gassed at the end.

Reactions: 5 users
They worked incredibly hard to lock down Essendon’s ball movement.
At the ground you could see the amount of running some of the players were doing and were pretty gassed at the end.
How different do you see this compared to Dimma's game plan? Better or worse?

Brown copping flack for being a little soft and he was in some contests but sheesh the kid is elite with ball in hand. He has elite disposal and decision making. Possibly the best disposal at the club atm.
He isn’t soft, he is a laconic type of player. Not everyone is Francis Bourke.

In relation to your earlier post I noticed Brown was particularly gassed in the last, he was really struggling. He does need to build his tank in the preseason.

Reactions: 2 users
Also liked Ralphsmiths game. Had a few off moments but linked well all game. Has improved greatly.
Steely with some fantastic energy. Should be playing ahead of Sonsie.
Miller was a space cadet tonight. Looked spaced out.
Balta makes a huge difference to that backline and I hope the forward experiment is permanently canned. Just needs to clean up those hands when picking up ball.
Martin should be our full forward and to be told to become completely selfish. Doesn't have the zip anymore to create for others.
Baker very disappointing and on that performance would be happy for a late first rounder from the West.
Short to Gold Coast please.
Trade/Draft for a proper bloody ruckman. That should be no 1 priority

Agree, his ball use is elite but is it enough? Would happily take a few extra fluffed kicks if he got his hands dirty more.

I have no idea how they select players.
Today's game style is run and don't stop running.
Brown Sony Dow can't run and they aren't fast.
Ralphsmith and Flappers were our best players tonight

How different do you see this compared to Dimma's game plan? Better or worse?
Don’t know, hadn’t really thought about it in those terms.
I think that the club were very cognisant of the criticism about how easily the dogs and the lions moved the ball up the field and that was a particular focus tonight. It means the players have to run very hard covering space and I reckon we did a good job . The problem tonight was turnover
Ironically I thought we scored better from movement from the back half than Essendon did

Reactions: 2 users
Agree, his ball use is elite but is it enough? Would happily take a few extra fluffed kicks if he got his hands dirty more.
Hmm. That disposal and decision making under pressure is almost impossible to teach. Fantastic talent to have at such a young age. He doesn't need to get his hands dirty just needs to build a tank so he can get to as many contests as possible to receive the ball. Let the others do the dirty work and feed him. We don't have enough of his type.

Hate to say it but I feel he doesn't like the hard ball.

Dusty was his elite self in patches and Ralphsmith was fantastic. Geez he tried and tried his guts out.

Macca was also deserving of a shout-out. Lots of heroic plays.

Reactions: 1 users