Duplicate posts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Duplicate posts

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Several people have had posts show up multiple times recently. It's being looked in to. It would be great if they could tell us what was happening at the time? Were there any error messages?

Example here

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Server isn't coming back quick enough with the response telling people their reply has been posted. So they click the button again, which makes a duplicate post.

Increasing the time allowed between posts will help a bit but will affect those who drop multiple single word/short replies in threads in rapid succession.

See if there is a common time window it happens. That may help the hosts narrow down the issue. It's likely to be a server load or network latency issue.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Baloo said:
Server isn't coming back quick enough with the response telling people their reply has been posted. So they click the button again, which makes a duplicate post.

I've had a couple of different messages including timeout kind of errors and had to refresh to get the post through. Have other people had that too?

Maybe increasing the time allowed will help but the time hasn't been a problem until the past couple of days when we've also had a couple of other issues.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Somehow related, I still can't see the avatars of a few posters. Just a small white x. Might be a problem on my side I suppose.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
I think in my case, it was a combination of using an iPad and the touchy thing and me being moderately technologically *smile*.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAIOzM7SsMo&feature=kp [/youtube]

tester

Administrator
Mar 17, 2004
TigerForce said:
Somehow related, I still can't see the avatars of a few posters. Just a small white x. Might be a problem on my side I suppose.

If you can supply a username(s) of the posters you can't see the avatars of I can peek at the log files to see why this might be the case.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tester said:
If you can supply a username(s) of the posters you can't see the avatars of I can peek at the log files to see why this might be the case.

These are a few of them but could be more:

mad_doggy911
zippadeee
RFC56
tha8ball
Michael
GoodOne

It's no big deal but thanks anyway.

tester

Administrator
Mar 17, 2004
For the couple of usernames I checked, their avatars are actually links to images on external sites and the images they have used do not exist at those external sites anymore. This isn't something this forum can control.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tester said:
For the couple of usernames I checked, their avatars are actually links to images on external sites and the images they have used do not exist at those external sites anymore. This isn't something this forum can control.

No worries tester. I can live with it. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerForce said:
No worries tester. I can live with it. ;D

It's not a good look on the forum. Would be greatly appreciated if people could check their avatars. Also if anyone sees the crosses please let me know and we'll get them sorted out.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
I just triple posted on Griff thread.

After hitting submit It came up with an internet explorer error:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
rosy23 said:
Several people have had posts show up multiple times recently. It's being looked in to. It would be great if they could tell us what was happening at the time? Were there any error messages?

Example here

Bump.