Windows 7 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Windows 7

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Is that the same as Interent Explorer 7 or is it the new Microsoft OS Percies?  :-[

I don't know the difference but I have IE 7 and it's crap.  I updated it to the new version and lost all my e-mails, and had problems with it operating properly so I did a system restore back to the date when I had IE 7.  I have a lot of problems with it.

Edit..I just did a search for Windows 7 and it's obvious I was not only on the wrong track, but I'm also a computer ignoramus.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
rosy23 said:
Is that the same as Interent Explorer 7 or is it the new Microsoft OS Percies? :-[

I don't know the difference but I have IE 7 and it's crap. I updated it to the new version and lost all my e-mails, and had problems with it operating properly so I did a system restore back to the date when I had IE 7. I have a lot of problems with it.

Its the new windows OS Rosy.

It has IE8 on it. I hate it and only use mozilla.

I know it not the finished article but it runs so smooth.

ZeroGame

Tiger Champion
Jun 19, 2006
Elwood
I have the RTM (final release) but am yet to install it, need to back up all my crap first
Have heard nothing but very positive reports

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Percies, I installed Windows 7 RC1 some time ago on a separate partition. I find it boots quickly and has been quite stable. I run some current games that are very demanding and also web browse. So long as all the hardware companies are ready with drivers, I think Windows 7 will be a winner. I'll be grabbing it as soon as they release it.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Thanks to those who have already posted on this.

But keep the info coming guys. I need all the help I can when it comes to this type of thing.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
As with previous OS's, I'll wait at least 6 months to see how the land lies before upgrading. Never went to Vista and am happy enough with XP. Microsoft needs to provide incentives to go through the pain of installing and learning a new OS.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Streak said:
Exactly where I am at. Still have the unopened free copy of Vista Microsoft gave me.

Don't bother with Vista. Go straight to Windows 7. I'm loving it. Very easy to use and VERY stable. As long as there are drivers ready then this will end up Microsofts best ever OS. :clap

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
ThePercies said:
Who on here is running Windows 7 RC ?

Thoughts?

Well I'm not running it, but I was discussing this with a good mate the other night. He's a big IT wig for one of the Top 4 accounting/consultancy firms in the city.

He said he was running and testing a beta version of it and he was shocked how well it ran. It's basically Vista apparantly but streamlined to not be so resource heavy on the computer. It's a masked version of Vista, that is more like another service pack than a significant overhaul.

Therefore it is looking highly promising and there is a much lower risk with this one. They basically took into account the backlash/feedback from Vista and used it to tweak out another version.

The main focus of it apparently is making it not so resource heavy to run on systems. It's closer to the size of XP now than the original Vista.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I've been running Windows 7 on 2 machines now since early beta. I'll be upgrading all my PCs as soon as it's our (2 desktops, 4 laptops).

Very stable, intuitive, makes Vista look like the dog it is.

Tigerhart04

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2007
Australia
Baloo said:
I've been running Windows 7 on 2 machines now since early beta. I'll be upgrading all my PCs as soon as it's our (2 desktops, 4 laptops).

Very stable, intuitive, makes Vista look like the dog it is.

Have to agree, running it on my PC and laptop and it is sweet. Apps load quicker as well as Windows itself being just so much "smoother". IE8 is still a pig though ;D.

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
Tigerhart04 said:
Have to agree, running it on my PC and laptop and it is sweet. Apps load quicker as well as Windows itself being just so much "smoother". IE8 is still a pig though ;D.

Switch to Firefox and you can't go wrong. :)

Tigerhart04

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2007
Australia
That's a given DD, have been since its inception, however what I was getting at, was Microshaft's still poor excuse for a browser being installed by default. It's a pain having to uninstall it from all the machines I look after :mad: ;).

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
Tigerhart04 said:
That's a given DD, have been since its inception, however what I was getting at, was Microshaft's still poor excuse for a browser being installed by default. It's a pain having to uninstall it from all the machines I look after :mad: ;).

Ah I'm with you, sounds like a pain.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Does anyone still get the odd 'You are not connected to a network' screen on Windows 7 at times?

If so, would this have something to do with a LAN having just IPv4 connectivity and no access to IPv6?

Are we using IPv6 yet??

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Danced with the Devil this long weekend and purchased an iPad & iPhone. Quite intuitive to use, and fun, too. If Windows 9 disappoints, I'll look seriously at a Mac Pro.