Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
When you just look at the game he played its easy to not see the full body of work in terms of his impact. Forever will he be held to some crazy stupid high standard that even I am guilty of thinking he isnt having a "great" game. But then you look at the stats behind it. Lead the contested possessions and look at the score involvements. He even had a tackle :D

nHLLVp7.png

I reckon the same people who keep saying someone else was robbed just dont like Dusty, and that is good because we all know deep down it pisses you off he keeps winning **** :rotfl1
BTW - You missed one stat.

I call it the "For fargs sake, Razor!" (FFSR) - I've fixed your stats line for you :))

1569822796608.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I have been lucky enough to see the best Richmond players of the last 50 years.

Royce Hart was a freak of nature who In my view if he hadn’t had so many knee problems would be held in even higher regard on the annals of AFL history. He was actually shorter than Dusty but played key forward and when you look at the stats in a period where possession levels were much lower even his poorer games were great. I saw him win a few games off his own boot, he was simply awesome and an incredible finals player.

Dusty is getting close to him if not already there. Royce has 4 flags as a player and if Dusty wins a couple more he may well become our greatest ever player. He’s already in our top few.

I never thought I would see the equal of Royce Hart in a Richmond jumper. Maybe I have now.

Reactions: 6 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Royce Hart was a freak of nature who In my view if he hadn’t had so many knee problems would be held in even higher regard on the annals of AFL history. He was actually shorter than Dusty but played key forward and when you look at the stats in a period where possession levels were much lower even his poorer games were great. I saw him win a few games off his own boot, he was simply awesome and an incredible finals player.

Dusty is getting close to him if not already there. Royce has 4 flags as a player and if Dusty wins a couple more he may well become our greatest ever player. He’s already in our top few.

I never thought I would see the equal of Royce Hart in a Richmond jumper. Maybe I have now.
One more finals series, Sin, one more. That'll do it for me.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

My Dad said virtually the same thing Saturday night. He's in shock at how good Dusty is. Reckons he is the best parts of Royce, Geoff Raines and KB all rolled into one. It's not a bad summary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
My Dad said virtually the same thing Saturday night. He's in shock and how good Dusty is. Reckons he is the best part of Royce, Geoff Raines and KB all rolled into one. It's nor a bad summary.

Tell your Dad thats the single best and most accurate articulation of the Shane Warne of Richmond Dustin Martin.. Can't believe what we are seeing...

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
One more finals series, Sin, one more. That'll do it for me.
As a young tacker I had Billy Barrot’s number on the duffel coat and when he went I switched to Royce. He was a god to me and to other Tiger supporters of those times and I can’t quite bring myself to say Dusty is better yet.
It’s the era we live through, the kids of today will feel the same about Dusty later in life I am sure.
We are so lucky to have him.
I reckon Dusty needs a goal to bring the best out of him, he struggled in 2018 with motivation by his own admission. We need to put it on him. Help this team be the greatest Richmond team of all time Dusty, win 3 out of 4. No Richmond team has ever done that before.

Reactions: 2 users

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
I reckon Dusty needs a goal to bring the best out of him, he struggled in 2018 with motivation by his own admission. We need to put it on him. Help this team be the greatest Richmond team of all time Dusty, win 3 out of 4. No Richmond team has ever done that before.
Mark Williams said exactly that. Dusty is very goal oriented and needs some sort of carrot in front of him to stay motivated. Hopefully trying to be part of the greatest Richmond team in history can be that carrot.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Royce was a freak. Feaking good. But then the team at the time also had a game plan of "Kick it to Royce". If AFL allowed a similar "kick it to Dusty" game plan his stats wold be mind blowing.

When you compare him to the other modern day 'greats', what sets Dusty apart is his complete selflessness when playing. While he can produce the individual magic when he decides to turn it on, his first thought is always to see which of his team mates are in a better position. I can't think of any other AFL superstar with that trait.

I mean, he's so selfless he stills passes the ball to Castagna close to goal.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He mustn't be that good. He didn't even make the all- Australian team.

Bloody incredible. Best player in the league.

Yet Hawkins got the FF spot.

Hows Duuurrrwayne Russell the cretin today said that if Hawkins played that the cats would've beat us in the Prelim ....seriously.

If Hawkins played it would've made the Cats more predictable and we would've covered him off.

The fact they didnt have Hawkins gave them the unpredictability and helped to create havoc for our defence.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Duzz is in it for Premiership medals and Normies.

He'll let the rest fight for the scraps of AA medals and Brownlows.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Duzz is in it for Premiership medals and Normies.

He'll let the rest fight for the scraps of AA medals and Brownlows.
Must be killing the likes of Durwayne to see us do this and have to admit how good we are. Dusty is easily the best player in the comp and he’s a Tiger!

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yet Hawkins got the FF spot.

Hows Duuurrrwayne Russell the cretin today said that if Hawkins played that the cats would've beat us in the Prelim ....seriously.

If Hawkins played it would've made the Cats more predictable and we would've covered him off.

The fact they didnt have Hawkins gave them the unpredictability and helped to create havoc for our defence.
You taking the *smile*? Surely he didn’t say that?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He mustn't be that good. He didn't even make the all- Australian team.

Bloody incredible. Best player in the league.

it is bloody incredible. fair dinkum, what a bunch of clowns. I still can't believe it happened. I'm glad it happened though because I reckon it added a few drops of tobasco sauce to Dusty's finals motivation.

Reactions: 1 user