Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
How fortunate are us supporters seeing this guy around in the Y&B and be as tigerish as a tiger.

enjoy him. Tiger legend.

I’ve witnessed some Tiger champions in my life but he has entered legend status. Unusually reserved for players after they finish playing.
He dominates finals games like few others.
Could be in conversations of best players in the modern era across the competition by the time he retires

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
This guy is ridiculously good. Just stands up the more important the game is. Played half the game forward, maybe more but still amassed 22 disposals, 12 contested (most) yet an amazing 86% disposal efficiency, 372 metres gained and kicks 4 fabulous goals, 3 out of nothing, and 2 goal assists. Easily the greatest I've seen in my lifetime in the Tiger colours.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
How bloody lucky are we to witness first hand how good this bloke is?

The best player of the competition hands down.

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Best part of Dusty is that he loves being a Tiger.

Part of the reason for the Dimma era is the way he has created that inner sanctum feeling, that brotherhood, at the club. Cotch has played a huge part in that too. They all love being Tigers. It has been a joy to watch it develop.

My wish, after Swooper left, was always that the club would find a coach capable of building a system that had longevity. That allowed players to slot in (does anything make that case better than Marlion?) so that sustained success was built in. I wasn't convinced early that Dimma was the bloke. Thanks to Rosy and PRE giving me tickets to a locker presentation night 7-8 years ago I got talking to some staff and players and there was a common thread, the atmosphere inside the club changed when Dimma came on board. It was a pleasure to come in and a joy to be there. Dimma, along with others, changed the culture at Tigerland. Now he is the father of an ERA.

Reactions: 4 users

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
When he went up to accept his premiership medallion, the norm smith was tucked out of sight under his jumper.

Says a lot about the man.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
When he went up to accept his premiership medallion, the norm smith was tucked out of sight under his jumper.

That’s what I thought.
Bloody shellfish of him not to let anyone else look at it.
My precious!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

I noticed that also, Craig.
Shows how the players see the premiership as a team effort and not about individual awards.
Dusty will be able to reflect quietly on that later on.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
When you just look at the game he played its easy to not see the full body of work in terms of his impact. Forever will he be held to some crazy stupid high standard that even I am guilty of thinking he isnt having a "great" game. But then you look at the stats behind it. Lead the contested possessions and look at the score involvements. He even had a tackle :D

nHLLVp7.png

I reckon the same people who keep saying someone else was robbed just dont like Dusty, and that is good because we all know deep down it pisses you off he keeps winning *smile* :rotfl1

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
How good is it when this guy may not even poll in the top 3 in the Jack Dyer. Shows some real strength in our squad when its entirely feasible that our top 3 could be (in no particular order), Grimes, Prestia and Houli.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
When you just look at the game he played its easy to not see the full body of work in terms of his impact. Forever will he be held to some crazy stupid high standard that even I am guilty of thinking he isnt having a "great" game. But then you look at the stats behind it. Lead the contested possessions and look at the score involvements. He even had a tackle :D

nHLLVp7.png

I reckon the same people who keep saying someone else was robbed just dont like Dusty, and that is good because we all know deep down it pisses you off he keeps winning **** :rotfl1

Absolutely. Dusty was by far the most influential player on the ground. He kicks 4 goals, gives 2 away as goal assists, 2nd most disposals for the Tigers despite only playing half a game maximum in the midfield and some still questioning whether he was BOG. His game was unreal. 2 of his goals were absolutely insane. Who else can push off a player, pick the ball up, burn off another opponent and then kick it around their body from 48 metres over the fence and straight through the middle for a goal.

He's a freak and the standard he sets does sometimes go against him when evaluating his game. He had the right to slot another through which he ended up passing to Pickett. That's just the sort of guy he is. Glad the Dermie Brereton waddler is a Tiger.

In 2010:
"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Absolutely. Dusty was by far the most influential player on the ground. He kicks 4 goals, gives 2 away as goal assists, 2nd most disposals for the Tigers despite only playing half a game maximum in the midfield and some still questioning whether he was BOG. His game was unreal. 2 of his goals were absolutely insane. Who else can push off a player, pick the ball up, burn off another opponent and then kick it around their body from 48 metres over the fence and straight through the middle for a goal.

He's a freak and the standard he sets does sometimes go against him when evaluating his game. He had the right to slot another through which he ended up passing to Pickett. That's just the sort of guy he is. Glad the Dermie Brereton waddler is a Tiger.

In 2010:
"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.

He has been so wrong on so many players over the years it’s best he doesn’t say a thing.

He did say a few years back that Lynch would be the best power forward!

Last edited:

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Just eternally grateful to the gift that keeps giving.
The Melbourne Football Club! :))