Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

If the mortals that he puts into space can convert ( hello J Short) and the others can run onto the flight of the bal, this game would have been over a lot earlier. He didn't push an all Australian out of the marking contest he just willed him out of position. Neale can win the Brownlow by 10 or 15 votes but D Martin you stand on the top tier step of the football pantheon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Few people alive would be able to vouch for Jack Dyers talent but 9 goals in a prelim s not a bad indicator. So I have always been comfortable with him as the No 1 tiger and others of his era before him
This how I have rated the greatest on the Pascal triangle
Dyer
Hart Bartlett
Bourke Richo Wright
Thorpe (1910 era) Bentley Titus Martin

Dusty is making a strong case for elevation to the third tier.... Royce, big game match winner, KB three times BandF inI premiership years. Replace Wright who won 2 Brownlows. Or Richo?

But Regardless enjoy Dusty for his football genius..he sees things others don't, he pulls off things others can't.

Reactions: 3 users
But Dangerfield is the best player in the game o_O

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I'm biased but if this bloke isn't the best Tiger ever I'm surprised.

There was a moment last night when he gathered a crumb and kept going with a couple of defenders trying to bring him down, and still gave the handball to set up a goal.

Nobody can do that.

if last night was the GF,

good luck splitting Nank and Dusty for the NS.

If dusty plays his role in another premiership, he will be prominent in the conversation

as the greatest player the game has ever seen.

If he wins the NS, the conversation will be very, very brief, amongst smart people

Reactions: 1 users
Dusty never, and I mean never, looks rushed, or stressed, or concerned. Whether that's bulldozing through an opposition pack, or looping back around to don't argue the same player twice, or out marking another defender, or lining up for a crunch goal.

It's probably why players like Dangerfield, Fyfe etc get airtime during Best Player debates. Dusty never looks like he's doing anything difficult.

I’m not one to downgrade Dusty’s finals record because it is immense but KB’s record is unbelievable stretching over 16 seasons.

If Dusty was as selfish as KB I reckon it would be a very close race

Reactions: 6 users
Was last night Dusty's best game? No.
Was he 2nd best on a ground with a performance that would be raved about if it was other player? Yes.
He is s fair chance for 8 votes in the coaches award which would put him in the lead, for a 3rd best finals player.

He is s fair chance for 8 votes in the coaches award which would put him in the lead, for a 3rd best finals player.

I thought it was pre-agreed that Lachie Neale would win everything this year

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Last night was dusty warming up for another norm Smith. An absolute champion if the game.

Reactions: 4 users
Last night was dusty warming up for another norm Smith. An absolute champion if the game.

Would be a fool who'd back anyone else for the NS.

Unless perhaps if you backed Nank.

Nank is the best player in the world over the last fortnight