Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Ron Todd's finals record was pretty good from a limited sample (18-22yo).

11 games, 55 goals, 1 or more in every game. Two bags of 11 in prelims, 4-4-3-6 in grand finals.
That whole season was a freak show when you think about it

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
My memory is that Guthrie kept him pretty subdued until getting injured in the third quarter. Then Dusty ran riot.

Yeah, that's about right. I've watched that game many times and it's actually pretty late in the third that Dusty and Richmond kick into gear. Poetic though, 50/50 on the HBF, Dusty burns him and Guthrie does his calf trying to compete.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah, that's about right. I've watched that game many times and it's actually pretty late in the third that Dusty and Richmond kick into gear. Poetic though, 50/50 on the HBF, Dusty burns him and Guthrie does his calf trying to compete.
Think that was Stewart. Guthrie was done by then.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Guthrie want be able to go with Dusty when he’s high forward, Dusty will make him look silly.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I dunno, if Guthrie 'holds' Dusty to 28 disposals (15 contested), 7 tackles, 9 inside 50s, 6 clearances, and 4 goal assists, while racking up 9 touches, 2 tackles and 1 clearance himself, like he did in the 2017 QF, we might be in trouble.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Where he beat the guy on the back flank and then kicked it to Jack, who kicked it on to the square. Sublime.
Made a fool of AA Tom Stewart. Made him look like a bush reserves player.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Martin done a corkie at the start of the game.
Couldn't run for a while.

yeah that's right. I think Cotch was limping for a while too there? Commentators made a big deal out of it as Geelong were leading at the time.

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Where he beat the guy on the back flank and then kicked it to Jack, who kicked it on to the square. Sublime.
I travelled half way around the world to be sitting 20m away from the double fend off & pass to Bachar in the GF & it was amazing. Without doubt though this Dusty play, kick to Riewoldt & goal from Prestia still sticks in my mind as the biggest play since the start of season 2017.

That finals series. when people started saying the Tiges were looking really good, this is the play I always think of...

Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I travelled half way around the world to be sitting 20m away from the double fend off & pass to Bachar in the GF & it was amazing. Without doubt though this Dusty play, kick to Riewoldt & goal from Prestia still sticks in my mind as the biggest play since the start of season 2017.

That finals series. when people started saying the Tiges were looking really good, this is the play I always think of...

When you look back through the history of this side , that game was a massive turning point In its evolution , something changed that night In their belief they could beat anyone on the biggest stage

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Immortality beckons young Dustin. Today is your day to move to a level unprecedented in AFL history (again!)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Dusty changes the game one way or another. Geelong don't typically tag, so do they change their game style and run with Dusty? Guthrie has done okay in this role before, but he has been an attacking midfielder for them this season with good effect. Do they stick with what's worked, or try and avoid being embarrassed by the best footballer in the league?

He's so good, he's already messing with them before the game has even started :)

Reactions: 1 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Dusty changes the game one way or another. Geelong don't typically tag, so do they change their game style and run with Dusty? Guthrie has done okay in this role before, but he has been an attacking midfielder for them this season with good effect. Do they stick with what's worked, or try and avoid being embarrassed by the best footballer in the league?

He's so good, he's already messing with them before the game has even started :)
they will tag him flat out, and back selwood and dnger to win prestia a cotch...................today will be all about lambert graham macca bolton rioli and pickett they have good games we win not to mention Georgie getting off the lash and turning 1-5 last year to 3 goal game

we need to make sure rohan speed is checked off

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Has more riding on this game then anyone. Etches his name into footy immortality with another Norm, start measuring up the statue stuff.

Moves into top 10 all time footballers discussion. Leapfrogs his entire generation and the one before it.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Agree - reckon they tag Dusty - it will be a fierce one on one game, especially if it stays wet.

The cats will believe that if they nullify Dusty, they are half way to winning the flag.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Has more riding on this game then anyone. Etches his name into footy immortality with another Norm, start measuring up the statue stuff.

Moves into top 10 all time footballers discussion. Leapfrogs his entire generation and the one before it.
Moving rapidly towards KB as the greatest Tiger imho. Likely to overtake him soon. What a star!