Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Some people reckon it was a masterful attempt to derail our finals campaign.

Apparently when we had 7 boneheads who stood there and watched Daniher kick a goal instead of killing the ball they were all thinking about the video leak.
It was just another one of these amazing coincidences that happen with AFL hey TBR?

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yet again, pretty sure Robbo wants to drive Dusty out of the game, dog with a bone which i hope he chokes on :mad: :( :(

Article Image

Robbo: Breast grope, ‘kill bitches’ and the AFL image machine​

Two days after Dustin Martin escaped punishment, Jess Hosking was let down by footy. Mark Robinson looks at the AFL image machine in full swing.

• Dislike
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Yet again, pretty sure Robbo wants to drive Dusty out of the game, dog with a bone which i hope he chokes on :mad: :( :(

Article Image

Two days after Dustin Martin escaped punishment, Jess Hosking was let down by footy. Mark Robinson looks at the AFL image machine in full swing.
Not going to or able to or want to read the article, but is Robbo intimating that Dusty and Jess are somehow hurting the AFL image?

I take it he couldn't be bothered writing about, hmm I don't know, institutionalized racism, gambling umpires, corruption etc. Can't bite the hand that feeds obviously

The club really needs to come out and give this *smile* a public blast

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not going to or able to or want to read the article, but is Robbo intimating that Dusty and Jess are somehow hurting the AFL image?

I take it he couldn't be bothered writing about, hmm I don't know, institutionalized racism, gambling umpires, corruption etc. Can't bite the hand that feeds obviously

But Robbo's mate, James Hird should be encouraged to coach again despite being one of the leading figures to implement a systematic injecting program for his team with PEDs. Then when caught destroy all evidence to the point they cn't even tell their players what they injected them with.

Something doesn't add up.

Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

If this sh1t continues next season, Dimma or Benny need to come out and hint to the media with a smirk why we are always the news for them. Other supporters will call it whinging, but we need to give it back instead of staying silent where they will continue attacking us non-stop.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
But Robbo's mate, James Hird should be encouraged to coach again despite being one of the leading figures to implement a systematic injecting program for his team with PEDs. Then when caught destroy all evidence to the point they cn't even tell their players what they injected them with.

Blobbo's brain.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Yep. At it again.
Dustin Martin is the worst person on the planet if you believe what is written about him.
Gutter journalism at it's worst.

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.

It’s a funny world we all navigate.
What’s right and wrong, what’s image or real, who complains and why?
In the AFL, Dustin Martin has mostly always let his football do the talking.
He doesn’t talk to print media, he doesn’t do radio interviews, this season he gave away on-ground TV sound bites, and the Tigers would probably love Martin to do more publicity for the club.
He is a footballer, and that’s been the customary refrain from the Tigers: It’s just the way he is.
Except, of course, when he’s flogging jocks or books, or whatever else he puts his name to.
Then, someone writes a bunch of cliche-rich copy, puts his name to the quotes, and bingo, there’s your Dusty story.
But it seems not even the AFL can do that with Dusty. Last week, colleague Jon Ralph revealed Martin had escaped punishment for touching a topless woman on the breast at an end-of-season drink in 2015.
Nothing to see here, said the AFL, although AFL boss Gillon McLachlan did call it a poor look when the video surfaced in early September. Nothing from Dusty, mind you.

Not a single contrived quote from a champion of the game and a hero to tens of thousands of kids.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
This is what I have just emailed to the RFC.

Good afternoon.
Surely it is time for the club to do something to stop this almost constant villifying of Dustin.
Some in the media seems intent on tarnishing him and therefore by association the RFC.
Would love the club to stand up for Dusty and call these media "personalities" to account.

Reactions: 16 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Good afternoon.
Surely it is time for the club to do something to stop this almost constant villifying of Dustin.
Some in the media seems intent on tarnishing him and therefore by association the RFC.
Would love the club to stand up for Dusty and call these media "personalities" to account.
Good on you, Gray. There’s a massive double standard where some players get hammered for everything and others aren’t.

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

Yep, for some reason in AFL media land, touching a strippers boob, running a red light, turning up late to training, or the word “bitches” is somehow worse than club sanctioned doping.

When’s the next prez start?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Good afternoon.
Just left my fart on twitter.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Article Image

Bloody oath.
He has a huge agenda against him and especially anything Richmond.
The fken prick hates us

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Good afternoon.
I'm printing Tshirts

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Yep. At it again.
Dustin Martin is the worst person on the planet if you believe what is written about him.
Gutter journalism at it's worst.

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.

It’s a funny world we all navigate.
What’s right and wrong, what’s image or real, who complains and why?
In the AFL, Dustin Martin has mostly always let his football do the talking.
He doesn’t talk to print media, he doesn’t do radio interviews, this season he gave away on-ground TV sound bites, and the Tigers would probably love Martin to do more publicity for the club.
He is a footballer, and that’s been the customary refrain from the Tigers: It’s just the way he is.
Except, of course, when he’s flogging jocks or books, or whatever else he puts his name to.
Then, someone writes a bunch of cliche-rich copy, puts his name to the quotes, and bingo, there’s your Dusty story.
But it seems not even the AFL can do that with Dusty. Last week, colleague Jon Ralph revealed Martin had escaped punishment for touching a topless woman on the breast at an end-of-season drink in 2015.
Nothing to see here, said the AFL, although AFL boss Gillon McLachlan did call it a poor look when the video surfaced in early September. Nothing from Dusty, mind you.

Not a single contrived quote from a champion of the game and a hero to tens of thousands of kids.
Is that the article?
If there was nothing to see, why Would dusty come out say anything.
He was at strippers, totally legal

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Article Image

The only way articles like this stop is to cut off the oxygen.
With the greatest of respect mate even posting it here feeds into the hysteria that they're after.
It's clickbait pure & simple.

Boycott the Herald Sun.

Good afternoon.

Appreciate the frustration but the club won't be giving Blobbo any more headlines than he has already.
That *smile* would just find another negative angle about the club & generate more clicks.

I hope the club & Dusty gives that *smile* rag nothing for the year.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Not sure if people have read the article but he is saying exactly the same thing as multiple posters on here about the Hosking incident.

Apart from a little crack at Dustin for not doing media (which is understandable when you are a journo) he's not having a go at him at all.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Robbo does make a fair point but used Dusty in click bait chasing way which cheapened the message.