Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Daigoro

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 20, 2004
great that Dusty is "most popular" but what is this report saying apart from 'Channel 7 need help'.

it's brain rotting trash . . . thanks Tom Browne, now go back to school . . .
My favourite part is how they wheeled out the work experience kid to present the findings

Reactions: 1 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Dusty was not fit last season. Let’s not underestimate the effect of his serious kidney injury coupled with his personal tragedy. No doubt training sessions were missed or, when he found himself on the track or in the gym, he just went through the motions.

He may well be Leigh Matthews’ main rival for the greatest of all time but he is still a human being.

I fully expect that he will come back from these setbacks.

Reactions: 7 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
My worry is inside his head, i.e. motivation. If he's not fully invested, he may as well not play.

My opinion is his apparent lack of motivation/interest/desire/etc last year was an absolutely overblown, beat up.

There was a bit of a hiccup early in the year which was handled poorly by everyone but it was resolved quickly and everyone moved on and it is most certainly put to bed now.

I've no reason to think he won't be as mentally ready to go as he ever is.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dusty was not fit last season. Let’s not underestimate the effect of his serious kidney injury coupled with his personal tragedy. No doubt training sessions were missed or, when he found himself on the track or in the gym, he just went through the motions.

He may well be Leigh Matthews’ main rival for the greatest of all time but he is still a human being.

I fully expect that he will come back from these setbacks.
Before his dad passed, Dusty was in mint condition.
Worked very hard to restore his body post injury, once it was safe to do so.
Motivation waned and fitness was not his priority after the death.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
At least we know time can heal the pain, so the more time goes on the better he can get mentally because of this.

Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
FWIW none of us know how/what Dusty is going through................

No fault.....

All I will say - is that when my father passed away (years ago) there were so many things in my life that dropped away because (in large part) I slowly realised was doing them to make my father proud or to have common ground with him etc

Do not underestimate this........

Having said that - because he is a professional sportsman - (and surrounded by myriad sports professionals) my gut feel is that Dusty will lift from whatever personal issues he may (or may not!!) have.

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
The first half of that game where he pinged his hamstring was taking us all back to 2020. Some fleeting hope. Will we ever see the power of the greatest don’t argue the game has seen? Not so sure. For the sake of the idolising kids in yellow and black jumpers, l really hope he is prepared to talk to the Richmond media. If not, there is still something missing.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So what’s the outcome of the video investigation?

Nice timing btw AFL…
Did the AFL release the outcome of the investigation after the corrupt umpire scandal broke?
im sure it is a coincidence but one could think they are trying to burying the story, like pollies do when the release bad news on a Friday night.

Reactions: 3 users