Dusty v Petracca | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dusty v Petracca

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Some in the media are comparing Petracca to Dusty.

That is like comparing a flathead to a shark.

Has Petracca ever won a Brownlow?

Has he won a premiership?

Has he won just about every media award?

Has he won a Norm Smith Medal?

No, he has not.

Just a very good footballer and that's it imho.

I might add here that we will have to be on our game to win next Sunday against the Dees.

Then again, like us who have they beaten?

Freo, Saints, Giants, cats and Hawks.

Not that impressive a list of teams to have beaten. No Doggies, Port or Eagles or Tigers as yet.

Make up tour own minds, buy Sunday will tell it all.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I hope Dusty turns up interested and in an imperious mood.

And I hope the rest of the side does as well.

I want us to damage them, dont get me wrong 4 points is enough but I'td be great to leave em with a scar off a big stage game.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
We will need to somehow negate Gawn methinks.

Nothing to do with Petracca or Dusty I know but just an aside,

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Petracca reminded me of Dusty in his first year, but hopefully his mental demons under pressure are more like Danger.

Dusty has nothing to prove, the interesting thing to look for is how Melbourne handles the pressure. Could be a factor come finals.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We will need to somehow negate Gawn methinks.

Nothing to do with Petracca or Dusty I know but just an aside,
What we are going to have to do is not blindly bomb away into the forward line like we did in the praccie game he will mark everything and they will rebound all night.

Tigers might be better off going in with the eyes lowered or chaos entries not long high easily defended bombs.

Gawn and Lever taking intercept marks is their one wood in defence.

We deprive them of that and break even in the middle we beat them.

Reactions: 2 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Petracca is a very good footballer no doubt about it and in career best form but Dusty at his best is much better. Dusty, Bont then Petracca. Saturday night will be very very interesting!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Peetracca, meh. He can b important after Dusty retires. Best thing about Dusty isn't simply his own personal game which is *smile* awesome. It's his ability to look for n find his team mates to make their games even better. For mine he's the most selfless player I've ever seen play the game.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Petracca is a very good footballer, but he has a hell of a long way to go to be compared with Dustin.

What Petracca would need to do in order to be in the same conversation is show the ability to lift his team to a higher level. This is what makes Dustin part of the very top echelon of footballers, not only is he brilliant, he enables others to reach higher levels.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I like Petracca. Good player & has worked hard on his game after an inconsistent start. Seems a decent guy too.
Closer comparison (style-wise) to Dusty than DeGoey that's for sure.

We'll have to watch him come Saturday, he can do some damage.

Reactions: 3 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Dusty = Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bulgari add any good label you can think off :cool:
DeGoey = K-Mart Dusty
Petracca = Target Dusty

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Who’s Petracca?
Good question. There is a big gulf between being a good footballer and a brilliant one.
Sure, Petracca is a good footballer but so is Bontempelli, Shuey, Gray and one or two others.
Dusty is a brilliant footballer, end of story.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Dusty = Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bulgari add any good label you can think off :cool:
DeGoey = K-Mart Dusty
Petracca = Target Dusty
Dusty = Steak (medium/rare) at Vlado's, with an awesome McLaren Vale shiraz
Petracca = Steak sandwich
DeGoey = Cheeseburger

• Haha

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Big Boy month has started early this year, Saints, Demons, Doggies and Pussywillows.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I saw a clip of Goodwin speaking just like Dimma and wondered if one of our assistant coaches went to Melbourne at the end of last year.

Sure enough, Choco Williams went to them in December last year.

He‘s got the same development role with them as he had with us, and now they‘be got total buy-in from role players. Connection. Game states. Their opening 5 wins is reminiscent of us in 2017 when nobody believed in us.

There’s no scoffing from me with the Petracca/Dusty comparison. Melbourne should be respected as a premiership threat like we should’ve been in 2017.

The difference for them is Richmond doesn’t have an Adelaide-like hubris to help them out. (Do we?)

Reactions: 5 users