Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Im like so many who when Grimes got injured in that courageous spoil and limped off, i saw our premiership aspirations go with him.

When i saw him come up the race, do a run through, give the thumbs up , well, words cant explain how i truly felt.

Truly inspirational player and has to be my favourite Tiger.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
But I was briefly and intensely psychologically (and financially), devastated

I just said 'were ******. its all ******. were ******'

Ha, watching the game at the G with my son and he channelled you almost to the word. I consoled him and said it aint overtill its over.

During the first I was saying something similar and he was consoling me and saying we're still in it. Like Nino Cullota we're a weird mob.

Geez I am exhausted. One of the hardest days barracking I've done in years.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He and Astbury wouldnt have got much sleep last night.

Grimes because of the pain to his ankle and Astbury for having to wake up every hour to ice Grimes ankle.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
**** I love Grimsey. When he came out and did his run thoughts and gave the thumbs up to the performance guys, it brought a tear to my eye. I'd be happy for a Grimsey statue to be erected
I was erected when Grimsey parted the waters and came back on.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm still nervous about the ankle. He no doubt got injected in the rooms. Hopefully pulls up on today

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm still nervous about the ankle. He no doubt got injected in the rooms. Hopefully pulls up on today
Yes it's a concern.
Worse case scenario, misses this week, then there's the bye, he's got 3 weeks to get himself right for the finals.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Worse case is scans show ligament damage and he's done for. Or they inject him up and worry about repair in the off season.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Ha, watching the game at the G with my son and he channelled you almost to the word. I consoled him and said it aint overtill its over.

During the first I was saying something similar and he was consoling me and saying we're still in it. Like Nino Cullota we're a weird mob.

Geez I am exhausted. One of the hardest days barracking I've done in years.

And the cheering for Houli would have taken its toll on you

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Bigger fish to fry in Sept, if there is any doubt on Grimes, rest him I reckon.

That has been our approach all year and it has worked so far.

Balta would be a handy replacement if Grimes doesn’t get up.

Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
And the cheering for Houli would have taken its toll on you

When he scooped up that bouncing ball first touch in the last 20 seconds galloped through half a dozen weagles and barrelled it forward there were none cheering louder than me, comrade.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Worse case is scans show ligament damage and he's done for. Or they inject him up and worry about repair in the off season.

Yep that big drop punt running through the middle probably wasn't a good idea. Seemed to move OK otherwise though. Will be a big ask to be right in 7 days. The Collingwood result may have some bearing on whether they take a risk with him. Just having Astbury and Broad is a bit scary when you consider we have been taken apart eg GWS early and Doggies when Naughton went crazy when we were a tall short down back.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yep that big drop punt running through the middle probably wasn't a good idea. Seemed to move OK otherwise though. Will be a big ask to be right in 7 days. The Collingwood result may have some bearing on whether they take a risk with him. Just having Astbury and Broad is a bit scary when you consider we have been taken apart eg GWS early and Doggies when Naughton went crazy when we were a tall short down back.

Unleash the Balt

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
When he scooped up that bouncing ball first touch in the last 20 seconds galloped through half a dozen weagles and barrelled it forward there were none cheering louder than me, comrade.

Cheering for Bachar?
I’m in ewe of you!!