Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Great player. Some doom and gloom surrounded our group when he went down near 3/4 time. Went down to the gents came back and corr blimey he's out there being Grimesy again!

Begged the question if Grimesy did have a serious injury woulds Rance reconsider and would the RFC let him?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Great player. Some doom and gloom surrounded our group when he went down near 3/4 time. Went down to the gents came back and corr blimey he's out there being Grimesy again!

Begged the question if Grimesy did have a serious injury woulds Rance reconsider and would the RFC let him?

No.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Heart in mouth stuff when he went down.

And then the cheer when he was warming up and came back on was pure adulation from the Tiger Army.

What a player.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He’s just a gun. An unbelievable player.

Geez I hope he’s okay for next week and finals. We really need him.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Inspector gadget, Optimus Grimes, Grimey Grub. My names for him over the years. Probably my favourite player. Love Jack, love Dusty, love Cotch, love Rance but Grimes is the rock. Can still see and hear the hit on Himmelburg in the 2017 preliminary final in 2017. Hard as is our Grub.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Inspector gadget, Optimus Grimes, Grimey Grub. My names for him over the years. Probably my favourite player. Love Jack, love Dusty, love Cotch, love Rance but Grimes is the rock. Can still see and hear the hit on Himmelburg in the 2017 preliminary final in 2017. Hard as is our Grub.
The days of people calling him Nylon seem so long ago now.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought my hero's leg had snapped off. I was almost in tears & felt sick to the stomach.
I saw the end of our year flash before my eyes. He's THAT important.
When he came back on my spirits lifted so much. Such an incredible moment.
What a roller-coaster of emotions.

Reactions: 8 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought my hero's leg had snapped off. I was almost in tears & felt sick to the stomach.
I saw the end of our year flash before my eyes. He's THAT important.
When he came back on my spirits lifted so much. Such an incredible moment.
What a roller-coaster of emotions.

yeah, I cant remember if I already posted, because I've had about 20 stubbies.

but I was sure he'd broken his leg,

and I descended into the deepest football depression in an instant.

the old tiger mates I was watching with (my '17 flag partners) forgot the game and were really concerned about me,

because they know normally I would see opportunity and silver linings in a premiership slipping from your grasp in an instant.

But I was briefly and intensely psychologically (and financially), devastated

I just said 'were *smile*. its all *smile*. were *smile*'

and then Grimes ran out

and I jumped off the couch and screamed

'were gonna win the *smile* flag again'

and my old mates all cheered.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
*smile* I love Grimsey. When he came out and did his run thoughts and gave the thumbs up to the performance guys, it brought a tear to my eye. I'd be happy for a Grimsey statue to be erected

Reactions: 6 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I just had a hunch he'd be right. It was like a Nick Riewoldt moment, he used to limp off like he'd snapped his leg every second week and be back next quarter. I was still extremely happy when Grimesy returned though.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No wonder our backline is so amazing when both Grimes and Rance are in. Grimes is very important, great defender, very relieved when I noticed him back on the ground.

DS

Reactions: 1 user