Dynasty or Rebuild ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dynasty or Rebuild ?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Interesting point. Surely have to use the draft to upgrade Baker

You think he isn’t good enough? Made the under 22 side of the year. Is an up and coming star. Could transition to the middle eventually.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'm certain we have at least another tilt at a flag in this group and I'd be doing everything to maximise that chance. They are so hard to win you have to risk a sharper downturn when you have the opportunity.

Having said that, I'm also certain that if we don't address our ruck situation for 2021 in the off-season we won't win the flag next year.
Our window is still we and truly open. We need to capitalise on the likes of Martin, Lynch, Prestia, Grimes, Edwards.
We have potential A Grade quality in Balta, Bolton and Baker

We need to address the replacement for Cotchin and Riewoldt. But that’s not next years problem.

Our immediate concern as you said is a replacement for Soldo. This person doesn’t need to be a superstar. Just a big man willing to do the hard work.

The more I think about the more I am inclined to get Crouch.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You think he isn’t good enough? Made the under 22 side of the year. Is an up and coming star. Could transition to the middle eventually.
Baker is a quality footballer. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know football. One touch footballers are worth their weight in gold.

Reactions: 14 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Baker is a quality footballer. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know football. One touch footballers are worth their weight in gold.

Yeh name me a better small defender option under 22? Insane to name him as one to upgrade.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I reckon let Chol, Houli and Lambert go ( depending on contract situation for Houli and Lambert ).
The game is too quick for Lambert now ( similar to Dahlhaus from the Cats).
Wouldn’t want Toby Greene he’d be a PR nightmare as he can’t stay out of trouble.
We’re still pretty well placed depending on player’s motivation next year.
The ruck is where I see our main weakness.
Kebab Callum has the ability to become our ruck next year once his suspension is complete.

Lambert is not going anywhere. He's contracted til end of 2022. His last 2 games have been very good. Doesn't get the accolades because he's in there getting the handballs away. 11 contested (equal highest), 19 disposals, 4 clearances and 79% disposal efficiency is a pretty good day out. Remember as well he's not really playing the bonafide midfield role, some of his time is starting as a high forward.

I reckon Houli goes another year. Still playing good footy. Chol is also contracted til end of 2021 so only way he's going is if another club puts up an offer. Seems unlikely.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Yep ludicrous suggestion, one of our best this year.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Just tried the Cornes over the top statement :))

No matter what happens over the next 3 weeks it’s going to be as crucial off season as there’s been in some time. With list reductions a reported tight salary cap, a bunch of stars over 30 who are all crucial to a flag tilt next season and a ” potentially “ very good bunch of youngsters .

Balmey is going to have make such decisions as do we let Basher go to free up space ?

Do we get a stop gap ruck while Soldo is out ?

Do we let Broad go ?

Do we hit the draft hard to free up space and build for a tilt or do we top up now with good but not stars like Crouch ?

Do we put a player like Lambert or George on the market after not having there best year ?

Do we lock away Balta on a long term deal and let Astbury go ?

Is it worth going after a Toby Greene , A grade type to go full on in 2021 ?

Do we give the Captaincy to another and let the Skip “ concentrate on his footy”

So on an so on , we are in a great time and IMHO the best team going around, however it is a very interesting time.

In Balmey we trust :cupgold
Blair Hartley is the list manager, don’t doubt balmey would have input but it’s BH job

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It's always gonna be a fine balancing act.
Would love to see RFC have a continued history at the top of the table, but to achieve such a thing requires great planning, strategic drafting/recruiting and a tremendous amount of luck.
That said, I believe the recruiters now at RFC are without peer and will work their arses off to ensure that the Tigers reign supreme for long as is humanly possible.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just tried the Cornes over the top statement :))

No matter what happens over the next 3 weeks it’s going to be as crucial off season as there’s been in some time. With list reductions a reported tight salary cap, a bunch of stars over 30 who are all crucial to a flag tilt next season and a ” potentially “ very good bunch of youngsters .

Balmey is going to have make such decisions as do we let Basher go to free up space ?

Do we get a stop gap ruck while Soldo is out ?

Do we let Broad go ?

Do we hit the draft hard to free up space and build for a tilt or do we top up now with good but not stars like Crouch ?

Do we put a player like Lambert or George on the market after not having there best year ?

Do we lock away Balta on a long term deal and let Astbury go ?

Is it worth going after a Toby Greene , A grade type to go full on in 2021 ?

Do we give the Captaincy to another and let the Skip “ concentrate on his footy”

So on an so on , we are in a great time and IMHO the best team going around, however it is a very interesting time.

In Balmey we trust :cupgold

Brilliant.
Can't play favourite's
Trade out Higgins.
If Collier Dawkins wants to go to Collingwood ask for their first pick.
If Cj wants out, have a look at what we need from GWS and make a trade.
Offer this years first pick to get Merritt from Essendon.
I would keep broad, but something has happened and Hardwick dosent want him.
Big off season coming up

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Given the lack of football on this years draft crop and the potential for smaller list sizes, Richmond need to play hardball on anyone wanting out. Only for our benefit in 2020. Need to be tough this trade period.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Moving forward we need to stockpile some young KP talent.
Need to keep CCJ. Can’t let a talented young player fall by the wayside without finding out what he’s got at senior level.
I’d be chasing Bailey Williams from WCE. Seems a likely athletic type and behind a few over there.
Chol and Miller far off the pace and Mate will need development time.
A young “A”grade midfielder would be handy but not essential.
Please no to Crouch

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
No sorry his not , his under contract
Still a rookie mate

Rookie39JakeAarts28-10-192nd year on rookie list in 2020
2021/Rookie7LiamBaker02-08-193rd Year on rookie list in 2020
2021/Rookie41MabiorChol29-08-195th year on rookie list in 2020
Rookie43DerekEggmolesse Smith28-10-193rd Year on rookie list CatB in 2020