EGM Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

EGM Poll

Would you support an EGM?

• Yes

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
If as rumoured there are further board resignations would you sign a petition calling for an EGM?

I would too. Far better than a president who doesn't have the current boards full support being able to hand pick a new board.

I thinm if there were 2 more resignations, then an EGM would be a necessity. The board would be obviously dysfuntional...unfortunately :-[

Seems that this may be the only way to get any information about what's going on.
Like others, I am deeply disturbed ( :p) about this situation. I know nothing about club politics, but for goodness sake, how can this happen a few weeks after an election ?
And what gives Casey the right to fill the (rumoured) 4 positions with his mates ?
If Schwab loves the club so much, why the secrecy ? What good does it do anyone if he just writes to the board and tells them what they already know ?
We, the members, must be told what has happened, and why. I am very angry about being left in the dark.
If this doesn't happen, an EGM must.

Woohoo - mount your horses, draw your swords!!!

Actually, i might walk as i don't believe in riding anything where i can't touch the ground with my feet!

- ok, ok all you guys out there that can see the opening for a one liner here.................

remember the art of good conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment! ;D

Anyway, i'll carry the matches!!

frickenel said:
Woohoo - mount your horses, draw your swords!!!

Actually, i might walk as i don't believe in riding anything where i can't touch the ground with my feet!

- ok, ok all you guys out there that can see the opening for a one liner here.................

remember the art of good conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment! ;D

Anyway, i'll carry the matches!!

We'll take that as a 'yes'. ;D

If there are two more resignations, I think an EGM is the only honourable option.

How many board members does it take to form a quorum, anyway? It may get to the stage where there aren't enough left. ???

I agree with an EGM.
Has anyone put up their hand to take on Casey as president? We also need to know exactly what has resulted in these directors resigning from the RFC board. We need a total cleanout of the club and all this is happening at the wrong time of year. Dont forget Miller has stated previously that he is there as long as Casey remains president. Does that mean he walks out if Casey goes ??? ??? What an absolute mess and its 3 days before the start of the season :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think we could do without any more off field dramas, personally.

Hopefully things sort themselves out. No need to panic, just remember that the Australian needs to sell papers and they may have sold a few more than usual today.

I think because Casey has gone guarantor on a 1.3 million loan he thinks he can rule with an iron fist and not listen to the other board members. Joe Gutnick bankrolled Melb a few years ago and look how he ended up.
It does smell a bit ratty all this stuff happening now and the worry is if anyone will be willing to come forward to join the board. Emmett Dunne and Brendan Gale have already made themselves unavailable. Colonel Sanders (TJ) has moved on. I wonder whether Hunt or Brown would have the club's best interests at heart or just bignote themselves.
I do however believe that an EGM should be called and a new list of candidates struck up and therefore I would sign a petition calling for the same. I hate what is happening and continues to happen to this once proud, great, strong, traditional club

i must admit this is disturbing.3 days out from the start of the football season and we are in turmoil off the feild.
this could set us back once again.
no coach wouldnt even come near us if this isnt settled.