Election results???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Election results????

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
Does anyone know the election results. Voting closed at 5pm and the votes will have well and truly been counted by now. Any candidates or anyone else who can tell us the outcome??

The letter accompanying the ballot paper that I received said the results of the election will be confirmed at the AGM on 29 Jan.

The term of the successful candidates will commence from the date of the AGM.

Wonder if we'll see a leaked document before then?

Guys

No word at the moment - I have been advised by PWC that all votes will be checked on Tuesday and all nominees will be advised of the result possibly Wed.

Cheers
Jim Giannopoulos

Welcome to PRE Jim and good luck. :)

It would be greatly appreciated if you'd keep us informed when you hear the results.

Thanks Jim.

No scrutineers at the vote count? ???

Wonder what's really going on here ::)

You may be right Roar - I might heading down the conspiracy path after all ;)

DC8 said:
Thanks Jim.

No scrutineers at the vote count? ???
Wouldn't PWC be the scrutineers, the voting forms are all sent to them to do the counting. I doubt that they would be accepting a sling from anyone to run a dodgy count 8) :eek: 8) :eek:

Each candidate can appoint a scruiteneer for Tuesday's count.

The candidates will be informed of the result as soon as counting is completed (I'm told).

Thanks David - that clears it up for me. They aren't even going to bother counting the votes until Tuesday?? This is unprecedented. In previous years (and I can state this as fact) the votes have been counted as they come in and therefore the outcome is known literally minutes after the voting deadline, which in the case of this most recent election was 5pm on Friday, 23 January.

If PWC was instructed not to begin the count until Tuesday, 27 Jan - two days before the AGM - then that just confims what an arrogant, unaccountable bunch of unrepresentative swill we have in the current administration!!!

To your point TM, PWC (whom I would never suggest would take a sling or oversee a dodgy count) are the returning officers for the election. In the elections we are all most familiar with, this role is performed by the Australian Electoral Commission. Scrutineers, on the other hand, are the people appointed by the candidates to supervise the vote count and question any perceived mistakes or irregularities.

It's going to be an intersting AGM my yellow and black friends. ;) ;)

I suspect that most of the votes would have been counted by now. The fact that we had a public holiday does not help, though I do have a scrutineer going down to oversee the voting.

I would have assumed that the only votes if any that need to be counted are the ones only for Friday.

Cheers
Jim Giannopoulos

DC8 - I'm struggling to see your point. What does it matter when the votes are counted, as long as they are counted and announced at the appropriate time, say, like at an AGM? I can't see how you can pin anything on the current board for that! I'm afraid I can't really see too much wrong with that, but I guess some people are hell-bent on reading a conspiracy into anything.

Hi Dean3 - its got nothing to do with conspiracies. Its got everything to do with treating the members with a bit of courtesy and respect. Your theory about the election results being announced at the AGM, while nice in theory, looks a little naive given the following post from Board candidate, David Clayton:

Re:Matthies wins board position.
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:22:50pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just had a conversation with Herald-Sun journalist Damian Barrett who told me that Clinton Casey has informed him that John Matthies has won a seat on the board, replacing Tony Jewell.

Neither myself or another candidate, Jim Giannopoulos, have been officially informed of any results as yet but it is hard to see any possible alternative outcome given this information.

Can't tell the members apparently (or the candidates it seems), but can tell the Herald Sun. :mad:

Real class.

The result is still heresay at the moment DC8, and after Damian Barrett's last reporting episode (remember the leaked 'official' Hawthorn document written by some Bozo in PNG??) I think I'd prefer to wait for the official announcement.

Dean3 said:
The result is still heresay at the moment DC8, and after Damian Barrett's last reporting episode (remember the leaked 'official' Hawthorn document written by some Bozo in PNG??) I think I'd prefer to wait for the official announcement.

Ahh, Dean I so want to say: "I told you so." But, alas I am too humble. ;D ;D ;D

I think that a big thank-you should go out to all those who put their hand up and agreed to nominate for election to the Board. It is without saying that the Richmond Football Club needs good people who are prepared to give of their time and expertise to try and turn the club around and we should all be grateful to the individuals who campaigned for election to the Board with the aim of returning the Tigers to the top of the AFL Tree.