Emma Quayles Top 30 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Emma Quayles Top 30

Smith and Pickett knew last year they get drafted, if not before. The Eagles and Dockers would have assured them they'd have a home. Both might have taken the foot off the pedal during the Champs.

She's not a big Weller fan, innit.

I'd be tempted to take Pickett if it played out like that. Goddard is too low.

FistFullOfDollars said:
Top 25 from 2010
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-golden-boys-20101113-17s03.html
Conca #23

*le sigh*

evo said:
She's not a big Weller fan, innit.

I'd be tempted to take Pickett if it played out like that. Goddard is too low.

No, her write-up seems at odds with her ranking. But I disagree with her assessment that he's only outside, he has proven enough times that he has more strings to his bow. He collected the most clearances against the All-stars, he was tenacious against Collingwood and he's had numerous games where his contested possessions have hit double figures. I still think he's in the top handful of mids in this year's crop.

bullus_hit said:
Pretty good effort, Atley too high but overall not bad. Parker gets due acknowledgement, Issac Smith too.
Yeah. Atley's a pretty decent player though.

Quite a lot of us here liked PArker for a second pick. We really missed a great opportunity there.

Darling was the one I really liked for our first pick if Heppel was gone. I still reckon he's going to be one of these best picks from that draft.

Tigertool said:
From 6-23 you could argue he's better then at least 12 of those players.
yeah true. Hes been more serviceable than quite a few of the others.

We did reach for him though, unfortunately.

evo said:

Quite a lot of us here liked PArker for a second pick. We really missed a great opportunity there.

Darling was the one I really liked for our first pick if Heppel was gone. I still reckon he's going to be one of these best picks from that draft.

Yes, I was in the Parker camp too. Darling was one of the great heists in negative publicity, hats off to West Coast, especially when Melbourne were in the box set.

5. DYSON HEPPELL

(Gippsland Power, 18, 189cm, 80kg)

One of those players who seems to know — or decide — what will happen next. A tall onballer, he can get involved by sweeping the ball off half-back and carrying that involvement through the middle. Can read the ball well through the air, mark and knows what to do next with his long left-foot kick. An assured, grounded teenager who will be the best he can be.

Where will he be picked?

Probably by the Brisbane Lions at No. 5. Unlikely to get past Richmond if he's there at 6.

"Serenity now"

evo said:
5. DYSON HEPPELL

(Gippsland Power, 18, 189cm, 80kg)

One of those players who seems to know — or decide — what will happen next. A tall onballer, he can get involved by sweeping the ball off half-back and carrying that involvement through the middle. Can read the ball well through the air, mark and knows what to do next with his long left-foot kick. An assured, grounded teenager who will be the best he can be.

Where will he be picked?

Probably by the Brisbane Lions at No. 5. Unlikely to get past Richmond if he's there at 6.

"Serenity now"

Hahahahahahaha. Scoop's boy. It still burns. I will never understand. And EQ calling Conca lacking polish hurts even more.

evo said:

Le sigh. Scoop's other boy. That was my drafting apex that year. Put those two in and we are a top 4 side with the best young midfield in the AFL.

Instead we have Conca & Batch. Serviceable but still.

Le Sigh.

This was my entry for the figbooty draft comp - see if i can get closer than blondie:

1. St Kilda - Christian Petracca
2. Melbourne - Peter Wright
3. Melbourne - Angus Brayshaw
4. GWS - Paddy McCartin
5. Collingwood - Jayden Laverde
6. GWS - Jarrod Pickett
7. GWS -Liam Duggan
8. Gold Coast - Paul Ahern
9. Collingwood - Darcy Moore (Father son)
10. Geelong - Sam Durdin
11. West Coast - Nakia Cockatoo
12. Richmond - Lachie Weller
13. Fremantle - Jake Lever
14. Adelaide - Jordan De Gooey
15. Gold Coast - Kyle Langford
16. North Melbourne - Hugh Goddard
17. Essendon - Tom Lamb
18. Sydney - Isaac Heeney (Academy Player from Cardiff)
19. Carlton - Corey Ellis
20. Essendon - Jarrod Garlett
21. St Kilda - Alex Neal-Bullen

We got two in from Emma's top 30.

Ranked 18 and 26.

Interesting Emma has Ellis ahead of Weller.

MB78 said:
We got two in from Emma's top 30.

Ranked 18 and 26.

Interesting Emma has Ellis ahead of Weller.

Emma is pretty good at rating players but it's more from the information she receives than actual observations. Her network is very good.

Giardiasis said:
Gus, what are your thoughts on richmond's recruits?

Ellis is a solid selection, not spectacular but solid. I would have taken Laverde but no problems with the pick.
Menadue is a good pick up in the 2nd round. He will need a season but a very good investment. I rated Hamilton and Blakely at this pick but once again it's just a preference.
Drummond is another solid pick. His combine results were great plus his kicking is excellent. Gore would have been my pick.
I like the selection of Butler
Reece McKenzie is certainly worth a later order pick. Great character