End the CCJ farce | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

End the CCJ farce

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
CCJ played well in his one game from limited game time.
He is the best mark in the squad, it's time to end the farce and give him a few games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
CCJ with 2 hands > Tom Lynch with one hand.

the maths Is irrefutable.

Reactions: 1 users

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
I reckon he offers more than Chol at the moment. (Is it weird that I’m not even considering dropping Soldo? Life never fails to find ways to amaze me).

Gotta get some games into this guy.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Chol is showing a bit, but CCJ's marking should have him in the side ahead of Chol.
Chol got out marked at least twice yesterday, once deep in our defence and another time in our forward line, he didn't look like making a contest out of it. CCJ would've marked them, or at least made a better fist of the contest.

Last edited:

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Chol is showing plenty.
Look elsewhere for CJ to get a chance..

Huge effort by Lynch to get up, but him playing one handed is borderline useless really. 5 touches and a goal. I’d think CCJ could match that and has the added bonus of being able to go in the ruck. So perhaps that’s a possible option?

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Cholly was ok, but I'm not sure that we should be looking for ok. CCJ (like Balta) could be exceptional. His pack marking could be our future with Lynch as the lead up forward. We can't rely on Jackmond indefinitely and there is so much to be gained from playing these kids with the topliners to assist them. CCJ can also run in the ruck and be more effective. Cholly still seems to be playing an outside role when following the ball.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
All I'll say is that CCJ's strengths are Chol's weaknesses.

From my obs they're quite different players. I don't draw too many comparisions.
I see CJ as more like a Lynch type but unlike Lynch could be quite effective in the ruck.
Also CJ didn't start the year all that well.
Sure he has 'potential' (geez I hate that word) but there are no guarantees.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
From my obs they're quite different players. I don't draw too many comparisions.
I see CJ as more like a Lynch type but unlike Lynch could be quite effective in the ruck.
Also CJ didn't start the year all that well.
Sure he has 'potential' (geez I hate that word) but there are no guarantees.

Please not another Post
Please not another Griffens
Please not another McBean
Please not another Vickery
Please not another love Island

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just throwing a theory out;

Exposing kids to this horrible covid footy harms their development.

Performing Aarts is our only debutant. You could mount a harsh case he is the most expendable bloke on our list?

Just a very flimsy theory that would apply even more to a young longterm ruckman