Fake Noise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fake Noise

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I watched today's game on watchafl.com.au - the AFL's international streaming service.
The noise level of the fake crowd was way too high compared to the commentators and I could hardly hear what they were saying (not that that is a problem for the most part).
Was it the same locally?

Reactions: 3 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
I watched today's game on watchafl.com.au - the AFL's international streaming service.
The noise level of the fake crowd was way too high compared to the commentators and I could hardly hear what they were saying (not that that is a problem for the most part).
Was it the same locally?
1000%....first time ever I had to mute the TV and just listened to music while the game was on.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
yep. shouse. reminds me of Happy Days. Nank looked a bit like Al Dalvechio at one stage

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
They've just got a bit excited with the volume. Don't need it so loud in general play.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It hasn't been as noticeable in any other games and I've been watching 6-8 games each week.

Made me glad today there will be no more games in Melbourne to be honest. It was horrendous.

Fake Melbourne crowds are more connected to the game than fake interstate crowds.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
To me the most unrealistic thing about canned crowd noise is how liberally and indiscriminately it's used. The roars for both sides when they score a goal is the same, the sound of the crowd screaming ball is equally loud etc despite the sizes of their r/t supporter bases. Imagine us playing a H/A game against the Gold Coast Sun at the MCG with seemingly half the stadium yelling for visitors. Frankly it's just all kinda stupid.

Reactions: 1 user