Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I agree Mac...let's just this thread back to laughing at the Bombres
Now THIS I can do!

My deluded Bomber supporting nephew calls me every year telling me how good they are going to be this year. I just let him rabbit on for a bit then I'll just say "Let's see". Last 6 months he's been very, very quiet.

Might give him a call, just to say hi, and eventually get into discussing his rabble of a club :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I just wish they also appointed Hird as the coach, but I guess that would be greedy.

Is it possible to be a schadenfreude glutton for a specific cause?

Essingtonfreude?

Go Bombers; stay professional.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dodoro CEO
Hird Coach
Sheedy President

That would be a lot of fun

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I don't see how it is against her values? They aren't asking her to be gay, just to show support to people who are.

It's not as though it is encouraging people to be gay as a marketing tool.
Wonder if Houli would have worn a pride jumper if the club played in a pride game?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Wonder if Houli would have worn a pride jumper if the club played in a pride game?
I read in the paper today that Richmond AFLW player Emelia Yassir , a Muslim, says she has no issue with wearing the pride jumper and playing in the pride round. And that she has been supported by the community in her choice.
I guess it’s an individual choice and not something forbidden by religion

Reactions: 5 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Can I just check - are you equating someone who chooses not to wear a pride jumper to a Nazi…?

Yes I am, doesn't matter whether you are prejudiced because someone is Jewish, black, gay, female or anything else. All branches from the same tree of bigotry and hatred.

When you refuse to play in a pride jumper you are saying I find the notion of gay people to be so wrong that I cannot support them. That's about as inhuman and horrible as a person can be.

Reactions: 2 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
The problem is her beliefs are hurtful to other human beings, because they devalue their lives.

I'm not gay but I understand being gay makes your life much more difficult, especially for young people. When organisations show support for gay people through these symbols it is their way of showing support for them to help makes those lives a little less difficult.

I personally cannot fathom why any human being would refuse to display a symbol that would make another person feel better about themselves, especially one who has a difficult path in life already.

I think any player who refuses to wear a pride jumper should no longer be part of the club. There's no excuse for it, and using folk tales as a justification is just rubbish.

After reading some of the comments about the Essendon CEO today I feel physically sick and am actively looking to leave Australia. The number of people trying to justify the position that is is ok to ostracise gay people because it is your 'personal belief' is heart breaking.

Imagine how a gay kid feels seeing so many people supporting someone thinking they are 'evil' just because of who they love? Imagine how a gay kid who follows AFLW feels knowing there are players who say I'd rather not play than say you are ok?

It's an absolute disgrace that these sort of views have a level of acceptance in our society. They should be considered on the same level as being a nazi or a racist.
Rubbish. Woke virtue signalling by corporations is a fad, a gimmick motivated by fear of social rejection for their product. To force your employees to toe the line while publicly proclaiming diversity and inclusion for all smacks of hypocrisy.

I pity the child who needs that type of forced outward support from Telstra or Qantas or the AFL to validate their life, to feel accepted, as it is hollow and false.
Real support is required, real love, real validation.

I am yet to see a denouncing of gays, a proclamation of evil, a signal of hatred from the player in question. If there has been one then that is unacceptable. Choosing not to play is not hatred

Mmmm Nazis and Jews. Not sure that I would use that example.
You indicated her personal beliefs do not support the "pride" theme. She obviously couldn't stand the thought of wearing a jumper that supported a marginalised sector of society (ironic really). I assume that means she does not support LGBQI people or their lifestyle. Would love to revisit if she were to have a gay child.

Or am I wrong to assume she is against "gays"?
Pretty sure she plays in a team alongside gay women. Doesn’t seem to be an issue there. No mention of her being ostracised by her team mates for her hatred of them.

Last edited:

tommystigers

Oct 6, 2004
Yes I am, doesn't matter whether you are prejudiced because someone is Jewish, black, gay, female or anything else. All branches from the same tree of bigotry and hatred.

When you refuse to play in a pride jumper you are saying I find the notion of gay people to be so wrong that I cannot support them. That's about as inhuman and horrible as a person can be.
No inhumanity goes a little further than not wearing a jumper.
Under that standard your words and feelings towards Kevin Bartlett would also have you denounced as inhuman and horrible.
Nazis starving, torturing, and massacring Jews because of their religious and cultural lifestyle is a tad more inhuman I would think.
Or maybe that’s just me.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London

Wow. You’re worse than I thought.

First time I’ve had to use the ignore button.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I am yet to see a denouncing of gays, a proclamation of evil, a signal of hatred from the player in question. If there has been one then that is unacceptable. Choosing not to play is not hatred

So why isn't she playing?

No inhumanity goes a little further than not wearing a jumper.
Under that standard your words and feelings towards Kevin Bartlett would also have you denounced as inhuman and horrible.
Nazis starving, torturing, and massacring Jews because of their religious and cultural lifestyle is a tad more inhuman I would think.
Or maybe that’s just me.

Nar, I dislike Bartlett because of the content of his character, ie, he's a *smile*. If I disliked him automatically because he is old or bald that would be the same thing.

I'm not comparing executing people in a gas chamber vs not wearing a pride jumper as acts, I'm saying the thinking behind them is from the same family tree.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Herald sun is worth buying tomorrow just for the Robinson/Gullan article in what has transpired at Essendon of late. Beautiful. More sooking and whingeing. APPARENTLY the coaching job was to be decided by Sheedy and Barham….. Robbo is filthy that the great man Sheedy was blindsided…while on a cruise for Lindsay Fox’s birthday.

Ummm…. Robbo my friend, why do you actually appoint a subcommittee to go through the process and deliberately omit Sheedy because you know he wants Hird? And the whole process would have been a sham. But….he and Barham would have just made the appointment?

Now….cos Sheedy was blindsided that Hird did not get the gig, as to the decision which was not his to make…..Hird won’t go back to the Club cos he thought he was a shoo-in.

The article is absolutely gunning for Barham and confirmation that the knives are out and sharp.

My god……there is no doubt that the Essendon FC IS the gift that keeps on giving and giving.

What a fool is Robinson that he can’t see his fawning adulation for Sheedy and Hird is not noticed by Joe Public.

I am surprised that the Editor of the HS doesn’t pull him up though. But then maybe the editor doesn’t follow footy.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

tommystigers

Oct 6, 2004
So why isn't she playing?
Choice. A fundamental human right.

Maybe your narrow worldview of what constitutes hate and inhumanity can’t see anything else.

I often enjoy your input on a variety of topics. It makes for an interesting debate. But sometimes like this you are way, way, way off the charts wrong.

I bid you adieu on this topic good sir. I look forward to seeing you on another.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Choice. A fundamental human right.
She chooses intolerance. Of something very natural. Based on a fantasy. Passed down to children by moronic parents. Kudos to her.

Last edited:

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Herald sun is worth buying tomorrow just for the Robinson/Gullan article in what has transpired at Essendon of late. Beautiful. More sooking and whingeing. APPARENTLY the coaching job was to be decided by Sheedy and Barham….. Robbo is filthy that the great man Sheedy was blindsided…while on a cruise for Lindsay Fox’s birthday.

Ummm…. Robbo my friend, why do you actually appoint a subcommittee to go through the process and deliberately omit Sheedy because you know he wants Hird? And the whole process would have been a sham. But….he and Barham would have just made the appointment?

Now….cos Sheedy was blindsided that Hird did not get the gig, as to the decision which was not his to make…..Hird won’t go back to the Club cos he thought he was a shoo-in.

The article is absolutely gunning for Barham and confirmation that the knives are out and sharp.

My god……there is no doubt that the Essendon FC IS the gift that keeps on giving and giving.

What a fool is Robinson that he can’t see his fawning adulation for Sheedy and Hird is not noticed by Joe Public.

I am surprised that the Editor of the HS doesn’t pull him up though. But then maybe the editor doesn’t follow footy.

Anyone know when the adoption went through?
Herald Sun headline today. ....
HIRD'S DAD:
BOMBER BOSS
HAS TO GO

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Anyone know when the adoption went through?
Herald Sun headline today. ....
HIRD'S DAD:
BOMBER BOSS
HAS TO GO
Extraordinary isn’t it. Daddy Hird is getting in the paper almost weekly to have a sook. He had an article in earlier in the week ranting about the CEO process. I loved the bit under his picture “Alan Hird. Played 4 games for the Essendon Football Club”.

Who cares? Yet you would think this guy built the Club by himself. Played 4 senior VFL games………..

Gee, i am glad this fool did not play them for us.

The HS is merely a mouthpiece for the Hird family via Robinson.

At some stage the Editor should do his job and pull Robbo up.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Football clubs are like local councils. Too much focus on extraneous matters leads to driving through potholes and bins not collected.

I don't care what the bloke sitting next to me believes. Good luck to him.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
That church group that he's the chair of is against abortions even for cases of forced incest and rape.
Them's the rules for Christians and Muslims, Antsy one n they're thousands of years old. Can't actually profess to be of the faith and then refuse to follow the rules or set your own rules as to how much faith you wanna pretend to have without simply being a hypocrite.