Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Far as I'm concerned all religious / spiritual beliefs are bonkers *smile*. As for all those various concerns you've listed, guess it depends on how strongly and how deep n restricted her version of her faith is.
Doesn't matter which flavour of faith people choose to follow, they've all got variations of how strictly they adhere to the rules of the thousands of year old faith and how much they'll adjust / blur the lines to fit into the current society.
She's obviously drawn the line where she's willing enough to accept that some in her footy community are homosexual, but she's not into promoting their homosexuality as it clashes beyond tolerable within her family / religious community.

Yep, I agree, she has drwan the line on this because she is homophobic and should therefore be sacked.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Can we get back on the Essendon = Entitlement discussion? Geez………. Start a new morality/religious/sexual preference thread if you want.

Reactions: 12 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Them's the rules for Christians and Muslims, Antsy one n they're thousands of years old. Can't actually profess to be of the faith and then refuse to follow the rules or set your own rules as to how much faith you wanna pretend to have without simply being a hypocrite.

There is no explicit statement in the Koran forbidding abortion - and just like in Christianity, scholars and schools differ. Most schools of Islam allow abortion in the first three months and thereafter according to the health of the mother.

When it comes to Islam, people in the West just make *smile* up.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There is no explicit statement in the Koran forbidding abortion - and just like in Christianity, scholars and schools differ. Most schools of Islam allow abortion in the first three months and thereafter according to the health of the mother.

When it comes to Islam, people in the West just make *smile* up.
Well who'd a thunk it? There's a mob that stones women who get raped for having sex with men, even kill women for not wearing their beanies correctly, blow up school girls getting ready for their exams, yet they're happy to roll along with abortion, guess ya get to learn something new every day.

Reactions: 1 user

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Can we get back on the Essendon = Entitlement discussion? Geez………. Start a new morality/religious/sexual preference thread if you want.
I repeat…….CAN ME GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!! Pleaaaaassseeeee!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I repeat…….CAN ME GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!! Pleaaaaassseeeee!!!!!!
Ok!

Sorry for the intolerance but .......... I "smiling" hate "smiling" Essingdon "smiles" :ROFLMAO:
May their sh!t show continue through 2023 :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Agree. his used to be my favorite thread-now it's doing my *smile* head in. :mhihi

Last edited:

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Essendon plumbing the depths at the moment with their trade week performance.

Trying to save the embarrassment of any reasonable player turning them down?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Essendon plumbing the depths at the moment with their trade week performance.

Trying to save the embarrassment of any reasonable player turning them down?
Has Dudoro won the trade period again with his acquiring Setterfield?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Article by Stan Grant on the Thorburn issue, he makes some good points:

From the article: "Essendon is not saying it discriminates against Christians as a group. This is about Essendon's values. Essendon would argue it is not unreasonable that it expects its CEO to uphold the values of the club he leads."

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Article by Stan Grant on the Thorburn issue, he makes some good points:

From the article: "Essendon is not saying it discriminates against Christians as a group. This is about Essendon's values. Essendon would argue it is not unreasonable that it expects its CEO to uphold the values of the club he leads."
He has words that real good vs the troglodyte RE but a day late - clear plagiarism.