Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

I suppose the other thing to me TBR is. When you make a mistake anywhere. At work or elsewhere, I personally am big on the first thing being, ‘own the mistake”. Acknowledge it and then use it as a learning experience to not have it happen again. I was really big on that with my staff and would be disappointed with anyone who would try and shift blame to others. Had one of my staff try and do it to me once. Was gobsmacked when they said I had to told them to do something I had specifically told them not to do without reference to me or the client first. Then a second attempt. “pretty sure you emailed me”. To which i then said (yes, I was disappointed with them not taking ownership of the mistake) “by all means, go and retrieve the email. You have 10 minutes and no more because you can’t find something that hasn’t been sent”. Suffice to say there weren’t no email.

Hirdy Girdy left no stone unturned to not take responsibility after initially saying that he took responsibility.

Reactions: 1 users

Hirdy Girdy left no stone unturned to not take responsibility after initially saying that he took responsibility.
100%
Day 1 - he claimed he'd accept responsibility
Day 2 (and ever since) - he's ducked and dived and dodged and weaved way more than he'd ever done on field
Weak as

Yeah but who would know Bob. They look good and I suspect they might rebound this year, but I keep hearing about some difficult personalities in that squad.

Between that and injuries etc who knows.
Salems out extended time I saw today, and Jackson will be missed.

Grundy and Gawn big questions over their durability.

Couple of losses and they'll be punching on with each other again.

Still disagree. The article did not say that the supplements taken at other clubs were in fact PED’s. It said there was inappropriate identification. Hell, it is possible that there was something illicit in some/none or all of those instances. Essendon’s were identified. Thymosin beta 4 and Hexaralin.

Essendon's were identified because for whatever reason they self reported which started an investigation.

You don't think an investigation is warranted into the other 11 clubs with those issues?

Who is to say they didn't have some buffoon making the same mistake with Thymosin? No-one, because no-one looked.

Salems out extended time I saw today, and Jackson will be missed.

Grundy and Gawn big questions over their durability.

Couple of losses and they'll be punching on with each other again.
Petracca looks too waddly for me....

Long live Onehitwonderbourne.

Reactions: 1 user
Pure old school pushie style, with the milk crate secured to the handlebars with occy straps to hold the papers.

I got pretty good after a while though, could ride down the middle of the road no hands and hit houses left and right handed on both sides.
What!? No hessian bag slung over the cross bar. What kind of yuppie paper boy were you. Milk crates FFS.

There was method to it, TM. We'd pinch one a week from the back of the dairy and on the weekend it would go on the fire.

Anyone who has ever put one of them on the fire will understand.
Never burnt a milk crate. Large hunk of plasticky stuff, reckon it would fair spark up n make plenty of fumes.

Essendon's were identified because for whatever reason they self reported which started an investigation.

You don't think an investigation is warranted into the other 11 clubs with those issues?

Who is to say they didn't have some buffoon making the same mistake with Thymosin? No-one, because no-one looked.
Ummmm??? I don’t remember Essendon saying “our players were injected with Thymosin beta 4 and Hexarelin”. Reckon I would have. Was no specificity. They self reported that the players may have received something untoward and then obfuscated/blocked and did their best to hide what the players got. There are still players that have the sh-ts on with the Club. They (Essendon) did not take ownership and then try to get to the bottom of it to see what the players received (in my view already knowing) in order to make sure, hand on heart that they had not placed the players into a position of risk. Just motherhood statements.

Just ask Paddy Ryder. Not sure he was real happy.

In reply to your point, who is to say others didn’t have the same buffoon, you’re right. No-one had the same buffoon. Not in the AFL. Cronulla did in the NRL. The same guy. That did exactly the same thing at Cronulla. That Cronulla, went “whoah, we are in the poop here” and fessed up to. Maybe when he got to bomberland, he had his stuff sorted? The same man with a smoking gun of documented evidence to clear everybody, that at the end had…..ummm……..nuthen…..nuthen that might help them anyway.

Just Essendon in the AFL, had said same buffoon, in their quest behind the golden child, to do “whatever it takes”

Reactions: 2 users
I also think if ASADA was interested in ANY other Club, they would have done what they did with Essendon.

I don’t remember Essendon saying “our players were injected with Thymosin beta 4 and Hexarelin”.

No, but if they hadn't of self-reported they may not have been investigated at all. It doesn't mitigate what happened at Essendon but surely you must agree it isn't right for the governing body to tell one club to self report which ends with them being decimated, while ignoring major alarms with the same type of program at 11 others?

What we needed was an investigation at all of them to find out exactly what was taken by whom, just as what happened at Essendon.

In reply to your point, who is to say others didn’t have the same buffoon, you’re right. No-one had the same buffoon.

We don't know who was involved, all we know is 'the selection process of support personnel was flawed'.

So how was it flawed? And what sort of appointments did that lead to? Who was overseeing these 11 clubs taking 'medium to high levels of supplements' and what were their qualifications?

Again, answers are required and an investigation is needed.
I also think if ASADA was interested in ANY other Club, they would have done what they did with Essendon.

How could they not be interested in 'medium to high level use of supplements' with the holes in governance and staffing that were identified?

How could they not be interested in players sourcing their own supplements?

Those things are their absolute core responsibility to investigate.

I'll tell you what I think. ASADA is a political animal and in this instance it was left in the cage.

Let's pretend the 'blackest day in Australian sport' was actually that. What would it look like? A couple of clubs from a couple of codes with dodgy supplements programs? Seems more grey than black to me.

But what if we were talking the biggest sporting code in Australia, decimated when 12 clubs were smashed with sanctions and three quarters of the players were suspended as drug cheats? Doesn't get much blacker than that, one minute to midnight stuff.

And what are the ramifications of that? AFL collapses, billions and billions of dollars falls out of the economy of just about every state in the country, people like Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Stokes lose badly and the fabric of sport in this country is ripped beyond repair.

Pretty motivating reasons to push things under the carpet I reckon. Who funds ASADA again?

Reactions: 1 user
I'll tell you what I think. ASADA is a political animal and in this instance it was left in the cage.

Let's pretend the 'blackest day in Australian sport' was actually that. What would it look like? A couple of clubs from a couple of codes with dodgy supplements programs? Seems more grey than black to me.

But what if we were talking the biggest sporting code in Australia, decimated when 12 clubs were smashed with sanctions and three quarters of the players were suspended as drug cheats? Doesn't get much blacker than that, one minute to midnight stuff.

And what are the ramifications of that? AFL collapses, billions and billions of dollars falls out of the economy of just about every state in the country, people like Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Stokes lose badly and the fabric of sport in this country is ripped beyond repair.

Pretty motivating reasons to push things under the carpet I reckon. Who funds ASADA again?

Now you’ve gone deep conspiracy theory. It’s like the opposite of the ARC thread. On the ARC thread circumstantial evidence means AFL innocent and here it means AFL guilty. Shouldn’t you go all in on cover ups?

Supplement is a very broad term - it could mean some funky network marketing juice or some stuff off the shelf at the local body building store or it can mean a systemised injection program. There is no way we can know if and what the AFL did investigate.

It’s a super reach to say 11-12 other clubs were doing systemised illegal (from ASADA code point of view) supplement injection and the whole comp would have been shut down if the AFL didn’t cover it up. You’ve dug yourself in to at least a part of this view though so I guess carry on.

Reactions: 2 users
No, but if they hadn't of self-reported they may not have been investigated at all. It doesn't mitigate what happened at Essendon but surely you must agree it isn't right for the governing body to tell one club to self report which ends with them being decimated, while ignoring major alarms with the same type of program at 11 others?

What we needed was an investigation at all of them to find out exactly what was taken by whom, just as what happened at Essendon.

We don't know who was involved, all we know is 'the selection process of support personnel was flawed'.

So how was it flawed? And what sort of appointments did that lead to? Who was overseeing these 11 clubs taking 'medium to high levels of supplements' and what were their qualifications?

How could they not be interested in 'medium to high level use of supplements' with the holes in governance and staffing that were identified?